Anyone else getting the Sydney jitters?

bharat297

If Shewag plays three sessions tomorrow' date=' we will win the match irrespective what target is set. But that's a big if.[/quote'] Well, I wish I could be as confident. Even with the openers seeing off the greatest threat which is the new ball our middle order is still struggling and has been for some time if you include the Sri Lanka series. One thing is for certain. If we are going to survive this test with a result or draw then the middle order HAS to contribute in a big way. And honestly, it's not too much to ask considering Australia lack any quality spin so there should be NO excusees. Zaheer and Bhajji batting pretty much proved this.

My bigger fear is the Bangalore jitters. That test from 2005 still haunts me. Exact same top 6. Sehwag, Gambhir, Dravid, Tendulkar, Laxman and Ganguly. Bowled out within 90 overs by some of the most mediocre bowlers to visit that city (given that Agarkar has played there before, that IS saying something). Then it was two average spin bowlers and one very mediocre quick bowler running through India. I hope this is not deja vu.

Don't build up your hopes guys, India will lose this one. Prepare for the worst and by chance India is able to draw this they will haunt the Aussies through out the series. Even draw seems remote now for India, defeat is staring and neither Sehwag or Dravid can help. India is only catching up in this test match they are not ahead. Make no mistake, its the Aussies that have been ahead at all times. India only had a session or two at the most going for them.

We suck when it comes to batting last. Sehwag played an unbelievable knock to help us secure a draw at Adelaide, and the chances of any Indian batsman playing a similar knock is remote. I feel we are going to taste defeat yet another time at Bangalore. But I still think we are capable of winning this series.

Haha. Its funny how Dravid was spelled "Draw-vid" and now everyone is after him to draw this match. Anyways' date=' good luck to India. I hope everyone contributes to a drawing cause.[/quote'] Yep, it's time for Drawvid to live up to his name...:haha: Seriously speaking, i don't expect him tol do his 20 off 100 balls thing tonight, that is unless India completely abandon all hope of winning and he is under instruction to do so.
Yep, it's time for Drawvid to live up to his name...:haha: Seriously speaking, i don't expect him tol do his 20 off 100 balls thing tonight, that is unless India completely abandon all hope of winning and he is under instruction to do so.
I thought he looked about 75-80% Dravid in the first innings compared to the 30-40% he looked in Australia. I thought he was a tad bit unlucky to be out (not disputing the decision but still). I hope he plays well with his typical concentration and helps India to whatever is the most logical conclusion to the test (i.e. not an Australian win).