the real deal...

Kriterion

So, now we've gone to the reasons why Irfan lost form and his ODI performances, when we're actually debating his test match contributions. Good to see that you totally run out of things to say. End of discussion, thank you.[/quote how can we debate someones test performaces wen he hasnt played many test at all.
i'm finally conviced that ishant sharma is the real deal. his record in australia was very ordinary averaging just 60 though he made ponting hop around like a rabbit. but his bowling was quite good in the one match against south africa' date=' and his performance against australia and ponting showed he's definitely one for the future. a truly exciting player to watch.[/quote'] You're right. Ishant looks like a focused man. Hopefully that doesn't change.

Ishant has more potential than any Indian fast bowler in history. He could very well end up being our best ever! But ... still, he hasnt played for long. It will be interesting to see how he handles all the fame and the attention. Will he go down the Sachin route? or the Kambli route? Also, once batsman start to develop serious plans against him, how will he respond? But so far, so good!

ishant might not have the mastery of swing which irfan had, but ishant moves it off the seam, which done at pace and with the bounce he gets is, IMO, much more lethal. ishant right now is waaaaay ahead of irfan in his heyday. and i've waited a year to see if ishant is the real deal or not. plus he's been bowling quite economically also. there will be times on flat indian wickets where he might fail, but he seems to be quite an exciting find for india. the kind of bowler who pops up every 20 years in the subcontinent, as someone mentioned.

With bowlers like Ishant, Zaheer, Sreesanth, and Munaf in his current form it's downright stupid to continue playing the toothless duo of Harbhajan and Kumble unless the pitch is a turner. I am sure Australia would not have got past 300-350 in the first innings if we had played a third fast bowler on a pitch which Kumble admitted does not turn. Well genius if it does not turn why in the world are we playing a bowler with a shot shoulder and another with a shot brain.

With bowlers like Ishant' date=' Zaheer, Sreesanth, and Munaf in his current form it's downright stupid to continue playing the toothless duo of Harbhajan and Kumble unless the pitch is a turner. I am sure Australia would not have got past 300-350 in the first innings if we had played a third fast bowler on a pitch which Kumble admitted does not turn. Well genius if it does not turn why in the world are we playing a bowler with a shot shoulder and [b']another with a shot brain.
:haha: PS: If Mohali wicket is going to aid pacers, by all means we shud play 3 pacers.
With bowlers like Ishant' date=' Zaheer, Sreesanth, and Munaf in his current form it's downright stupid to continue playing the toothless duo of Harbhajan and Kumble unless the pitch is a turner. I am sure Australia would not have got past 300-350 in the first innings if we had played a third fast bowler on a pitch which Kumble admitted does not turn. Well genius if it does not turn why in the world are we playing a bowler with a shot shoulder and another with a shot brain.[/quote'] Are you serious? Who in their right mind would dare provoke the turbinator's wrath?

Pathan at his peak was a better bowler than Ishant is now, IMO. Ishant has more pace and bounce, Pathan had more swing and variation. Pathan used to bamboozle some of the best players routinely during his days.That said, Ishant should be a great bowler for us in the years to come, barring any injuries.

So, now we've gone to the reasons why Irfan lost form and his ODI performances, when we're actually debating his test match contributions. Good to see that you totally run out of things to say. End of discussion, thank you.
no i havent.BUT U R NOT WILLING TO LISTEN. u keeping harping on test peformances n stats. obviouly odis mean nothing to u bcoz ishant has done nothing in that.even a kid knows ODIs are much tougher 4 bowlers. but lets talk about tests. u say irfan has done anything in tests n ishant has won us tests. wich tests r u talking bout?in perth ishant took 3 wickets but conceded a good 115 runs but u r not concerned bout that.remember it was irfan,not ishant who won MOM in that game now to galle, u also credit ishant for galle victory.everybody knows it was due to sehwag's 201 n bhajji's 10 wicket haul that india won . i again dunno wat u r talking bout in kanpur too it was spinners who won it on a dustbowl , but u again credit ishant 4 that win. even sehwag took 5 wickets in that match.again ishant wasnt MOM in that game. in all the victories ishant has only taken early wicket or two.to credit him for victories u must be kidding also ishant was just nominated for emerging player award.irfan WON that award. doesnt that tell u something? admittedly ishant has taken more wickets but he has come in a phase wen our spinners arent bowling ,so there r wickets to be taken even if he goes 4 100 runs.wen irfan burst onto scene our spinners were still good n took most of our wickets.that did not help his stats even tho he was good n if u remember wen i first posted i pointed that irfan talent was much better than ishant right now. but u keep harping on numbers

Anyone comparing Ishant Sharma to Pathan has got to think more than twice. Pathan is excellent in conditions aiding swing but that's about it. It's been a good 4 years since he made his debut and he is yet to deliver even a half decent performance in conditions which don't aid is kind of bowling. Ishant, on the other hand, has improved with every game he has played, showed his willingness to learn, adapt, and succeed in diverse conditions not to mention the tiny fact that Ishant on his day his genuinely quick on any track and Pathan on his day can barely qualify as a medium pacer. PS : It's only about tests - as far as ODIs go I still think he has it in him to become a top notch player.

Anyone comparing Ishant Sharma to Pathan has got to think more than twice. Pathan is excellent in conditions aiding swing but that's about it. It's been a good 4 years since he made his debut and he is yet to deliver even a half decent performance in conditions which don't aid is kind of bowling. Ishant, on the other hand, has improved with every game he has played, showed his willingness to learn, adapt, and succeed in diverse conditions not to mention the tiny fact that Ishant on his day his genuinely quick on any track and Pathan on his day can barely qualify as a medium pacer. PS : It's only about tests - as far as ODIs go I still think he has it in him to become a top notch player.
i'm not comparing pathan of now to ishant. ishant is better by a long way.i'm comparing ishant to irfan wen irfan first came in.he was quick n could swing it prodigiosly even on a flat deck.