At last! India starting to look like a Test team

Donny

Preds, they haven't been 'excellent' at all. Comments by Indian fans in this site bear witness to that. Post #5 in this thread being just one, but typical, example.
Compare the two decades Don, the 90's and the 2000's, we hardly could win any Test abroad during the 90's, we were called "Home Bullies", but all of that has changed in this decade, partly due to some firm leadership, fabulous players and now a mix of some talented younsters Out 31 Test Series played in this Decade we have lost only 7 out which 3 have been against the then no 1 side in the World http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/team/6.html?class=1;spanmax1=20+Oct+2008;spanmin1=20+Oct+1998;spanval1=span;template=results;type=team;view=series So might not have been excellent, but we certainly are an improved bunch and have been hovering around the no.2 Test Team spot, and may be after this Series, we might be in hunt for the no.1 spot

It is a good team now. Following are areas of improvement needed - rightly pointed out by Domaink 1. All rounder (someone like 'kapil dev' - pray, pray - needed) 2. The yengsters need to learn to play SPIN properly!!! Ajanta Mendis will run through these guys in no time (Fab-4 too, but they have played spin well in the past, so exemption for this post purpose) 3. Folks like RP Singh :angry_smile: (Not commenting abt their bowling here, but fielding) and Daadaji Patel (improved a lil' bit now) must improve fielding first and foremost. Other yengsters too need to improve fielding save for a few already good fielders. 4. Need "backup wicketkeeper batsman" - if MSD is injured, then we get shyte - Dropthiv and Dropthik - is there no one else good keeper-bat in India!?? Good Test team and Cheeka and Gary Kirsten must make positive steps forward.

It is a good team now. Following are areas of improvement needed - rightly pointed out by Domaink 1. All rounder (someone like 'kapil dev' - pray, pray - needed) 2. The yengsters need to learn to play SPIN properly!!! Ajanta Mendis will run through these guys in no time (Fab-4 too, but they have played spin well in the past, so exemption for this post purpose) 3. Folks like RP Singh :angry_smile: (Not commenting abt their bowling here, but fielding) and Daadaji Patel (improved a lil' bit now) must improve fielding first and foremost. Other yengsters too need to improve fielding save for a few already good fielders. 4. Need "backup wicketkeeper batsman" - if MSD is injured, then we get shyte - Dropthiv and Dropthik - is there no one else good keeper-bat in India!?? Good Test team and Cheeka and Gary Kirsten must make positive steps forward.
or he decides to rest! ya u r rite we need an all rounder, but its not a big problem.if it comes very well, but wont risk guys like irfan,bhatia,nayar.
Suresh Raina, Rohit Sharma, Subramaniam Badrinath and Yuvi will vie for these spots. With RP Singh, Munaf Patel and Piyush Chawla in reserve, the bowling stocks look good, too.
these batsmen are most suited to replace the fab four over the period of time sreesanth, also musn't be forgotten, his test place is unquestionable he is more deserving than rpsingh and munaf whenever dhoni's test team will take feild, it will only strive to win
which bhatia?
going through the squads for the challenger series, only one name strikes me which can be called some sort of an all rounder and that is rajat bhatia abhishek nayar isn't good enough with the ball rajat bhatia is best suited for an all round slot, by mid 2009, he should be give a chance
going through the squads for the challenger series, only one name strikes me which can be called some sort of an all rounder and that is rajat bhatia abhishek nayar isn't good enough with the ball rajat bhatia is best suited for an all round slot, by mid 2009, he should be give a chance
I dont know why, but he reminds me a lot of Mark Ealham !!!
If on the basis of one test match India is starting to look like a Test team what is Australia starting to look like based on just that one test?
I think it's fair to say India has it's best possible team in at the moment - at least from your point of view. Australia has had 3 debutants over the last 3 Tests, Hayden coming back after injury, Symonds and Clark out and they have no spinner. It looked like a team most home state sides would beat.
I think it's fair to say India has it's best possible team in at the moment - at least from your point of view. Australia has had 3 debutants over the last 3 Tests, Hayden coming back after injury, Symonds and Clark out and they have no spinner. It looked like a team most home state sides would beat.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: We nearly did that too, with BP11, the Aussies are really in a pathetic state, i wouldnt bet against a Bangladesh win against this Aussie side !!!