Aus determined, but Kotla history backs India

DomainK

kumble's decision to play or not simply holds the key to the result if the match if he plays, there is a high chance of india getting complacent once again with dhoni as incharge, it would be much much different, there seems to be a new fighting spirit in the players kumble, though is too good a player to be left out of the playing 11, will have to sacrifice he should rule himself out of the 3rd test, but should surely return for the last

Venkatesh Prasad as a bowling coach has done more wonders to Indian cricket than he did as a cricketer..he is the real guy behind Ishants development and in a way he has helped Zak too..so Kudos to him..the aussies can unlock whatever secret they want but they just cant bowl the way our bowlers are bowling..as simple as that

Prabakar swung the ball a mile.. I have never seen a bowler swing the new ball as much as MP.. He had those banana inswingers.. but lack of pace made it easy for the batsman to tackle.. Towards the *** end of his career he managed to get some reverse swing.. But again lack of pace made him easy pickings. And yes he chucked the ball when he wanted to make the ball go the other way..

'Indians under pressure, not us,' says Johnson Australian paceman Mitchell Johnson feels India would be under pressure ahead of the third Test despite leading 1-0, as the hosts would want to seal the four-Test series by wrapping up the issue in New Delhi. More... 'Indians under pressure, not us,' says Johnson October 25, 2008 17:46 IST Australian paceman Mitchell Johnson feels India would be under pressure ahead of the third Test despite leading 1-0, as the hosts would want to seal the four-Test series by wrapping up the issue in New Delhi [images]. The left-arm quick hoped the visitors would claw their way back in the series. "I think we can put a lot of pressure on the Indians. I think they're going to be feeling it a little being 1-0 up. I think all the pressure's on them so most of the guys are confident. When you're losing there's disappointment but we'll get back on track," Johnson said. Australians have been going through tormenting times after the battering they received in the last Test in Mohali, yet Johnson drew some positives. "I don't think we're too far away to be honest. There's a few good things, like Shane Watson batted very well and bowled well. Peter Siddle was outstanding on debut, you've got plenty of guys who've done well," Johnson told AAP. However, the left-arm pacer admitted that it required a 'big' effort from the entire team to level the series in the third Test in New Delhi to begin on October 29. "The next is for everyone to get out there and put a big effort in," Johnson said. Meanwhile, the arrival of Shaun Marsh [images], the replacement for opener Phil Jaques, has been delayed as he is yet to get his visa and is cooling his heels in Perth.

Clark completes training session THERE were few signs of discomfort or concern as Australia paceman Stuart Clark made his first steps on the road to fitness for next week's pivotal third Test against India. More... Clark completes training session From correspondents in New Delhi, India October 25, 2008 THERE were few signs of discomfort or concern as Australia paceman Stuart Clark made his first steps on the road to fitness for next week's pivotal third Test against India at the Feroz Shah Kotla Ground. Clark has been affected by elbow soreness since the first Test in Bangalore and missed the tourists' 320-run thrashing in Mohali last week. He had not bowled since the lead-up to the Mohali Test, but delivered around eight overs at not quite full pace. There were a few experiments with wrist and seam position as he worked on some of the adjustments the Australian attack have made in order to improve their reverse swing technique. Clark seemed happy with his progress, though he did ice the elbow as a precaution after the session. “It feels okay but we will see more tomorrow,'' Clark said as he left the ground. His ability to return to action in time is crucial to the visitors' chances of building the pressure they will need to exert against India's batsmen in Delhi. In his absence last week the likes of Gautam Gambhir, Virender Sehwag, Sourav Ganguly and Mahendra Dhoni were able to attack Australia's bowlers with little risk, and Clark's accuracy and bounce would have been more than handy. Left-arm quick Mitchell Johnson, arguably Australia's lone pace success story of the tour so far, said that by going 1-0 down the Australians may actually have taken some pressure off themselves, as all of India now anticipates a home series victory. “I think we can put a lot of pressure on the Indians, I think they're going to be feeling it a little being 1-0 up,'' Johnson said. “I think all the pressure's on them so most of the guys are confident. When you're losing there's disappointment there but we'll get back on track. “I don't think we're too far away to be honest. There's a few good things, like Shane Watson batted very well and bowled well. Peter Siddle was outstanding on debut, you've got plenty of guys who've done well. “The next test now for us is for everyone to get out there and put a big effort in.'' The Australians are scheduled to resume their official training for the third Test with a morning run through Sunday after the complete squad reassembles at the team hotel. One member of the touring party remains yet to touch down in India. There has been some delay to the arrival of Phil Jaques' replacement Shaun Marsh, with the West Australian lefthander cooling his heels in Perth while he awaits an India entry visa.

Johnson given job to roughen ball for reverse swing As the Australian bowlers worked on adjustments to catch up Zaheer Khan and Ishant Sharma, pacer Mitchell Johnson has been identified as the front man to prepare the ball to extract reverse-swing early in the game. More... Johnson given job to roughen ball for reverse swing October 25, 2008 20:08 IST As the Australian bowlers worked on adjustments to catch up Zaheer Khan [images] and Ishant Sharma, pacer Mitchell Johnson has been identified as the front man to prepare the ball to extract reverse-swing early in the game. Johnson will be given the job to roughen up one side of the ball in rapid fashion, something essential if the ball has to reverse swing as dramatically as it has for Indian quick bowlers Zaheer and Ishant. Australian pacers have experimented with bowling across the seam in the style of Zaheer and Ishant, but Johnson said he had been brought on for spells where the objective was to damage the ball as much as the batsmen. "With my bowling technique at the moment I probably don't bowl too many cross seam deliveries anyway because I tend to hit the rough side with my wrist position," said Johnson, who took five wickets in Bangalore and three at Mohali. "That's something we've tried to do, basically I might be brought on just to roughen up one side and bowl naturally." The Aussies are also getting the reverse swing, no doubt, but only for a short period before the new ball is due while Zaheer and Ishant have managed it within the first 15 overs or so. Despite the added responsibility and his team trailing 0-1 in the series, Johnson said he was under no pressure to perform. "This trip the way I've gone about it is just to be confident and stop putting too much pressure on myself about bowling the perfect ball," Johnson said. "I think in the West Indies [images] I was feeling pressure, thinking too far ahead of myself and not going game by game. "I've learnt to relax a little more, run in, hit the deck hard as I can and enjoy my cricket," he was quoted as saying by the Australian Associated Press.

Darn it. This one week break is too much, and our journalists cannot sit still. Some frikkin' interview or other EVERY DAY! Sheesh - when does the match start so this interview nonsense can stop.
Exactly - now they have gone to an extent of asking about Fab 4's retirement to even people who are remotely concerned about it. Today on TV, I saw a dumbo TV journalist asking Johnty Rhodes as to when should Fab 4 retire... Now that the Fab 4 are not available to shoot the question, they are asking every tom, dick and harry about it

YUP.. in my opinion, Manoj Prabhakar was cery good at swing bowling. There was this tour of Pakistan where the Pakistani batsmen were bamboozled by MP's swing that they even went on to claim that he had something mysterious attached to the cricket ball that made it swing so much... He was one of my favorites during the late 80's - early 90's with his good batting skills, nice hairstyle, moustache etc etc.

kumble's decision to play or not simply holds the key to the result if the match if he plays, there is a high chance of india getting complacent once again with dhoni as incharge, it would be much much different, there seems to be a new fighting spirit in the players kumble, though is too good a player to be left out of the playing 11, will have to sacrifice he should rule himself out of the 3rd test, but should surely return for the last
You too sound like the author of that stupid article. You are advocating that if Kumble plays, there is no way we are going to win. Its under the same man's captaincy that we won the Perth test, which no one though that we would win. To me, Perth was bigger than Mohali. IMO, whether Kumble plays or not, we can win at Kotla, so why not play him (Mishi can wait a little longer). Kumble isa champion spinner and he has done it many a times. Dropping him to make way for a rookie spinner like Mishra is stupidity. What if Australia come back with a vengeance and start attacking mishra and if mishra doesnt have the temperement or the experience to handle the mauling? Playing mishra is not a sure shot formula to success nor is playing kumble equivalent to shooting your own feet. Given that - its bettr to play kumble than mishi... McGill inspite of being a good spinner himself and proving it time and again, had to sit out in order to make way for the great warne. Even when Warne had gone through difficult times, he wasnt dropped to make way for McGill. McGill got the chance to play only when Warne was not available, either due to injury or bans. Thankfully that wont happen to Mishi, as Kumble wont be there for long to block Mishi's progress.
with dhoni as incharge, it would be much much different, there seems to be a new fighting spirit in the players
to counter your statement i have two points. 1. the same set of players played wonderfully well under kumble's captaincy and won the perth test 2. dhoni captaincy doesn't always mean victory. we lost two ODI tournaments under his captaincy, which we should have won. even in IPL, we suffered a no. of losses under his captaincy. at one stage there was a chance of CSK not qualifying for the semis. my point is - we can win under kumble as well as lose under dhoni's captaincy.
YUP.. in my opinion' date=' Manoj Prabhakar was cery good at swing bowling. There was this tour of Pakistan where the Pakistani batsmen were bamboozled by MP's swing that they even went on to claim that he had something mysterious attached to the cricket ball that made it swing so much... He was one of my favorites during the late 80's - early 90's with his good batting skills, [b']nice hairstyle, moustache etc etc.
:giggle: