Which Double was better? GG or VVS

This is the first time that there were 2 doubles in an innings by indian batsmen. Whats your opinion on whose was best or better than the other? My vote goes to Gambhir for the simple reason that he was subjected to a lot of abuse and sledging. There were enough incidents to distract him and still he maintained his composure and carried on to score a big one.

The shots which VVS played.. were just outstanding.. so easy to the eyes... such elegance.. o man class.. Gambhir batted beautifully too.. mind you we were in trouble and he stood up and when team needed runs from him, he made runs for the team at that situation.. Played some great elegant strokes. Laxman too came at a time where we could have easily given away the game to Australia. 150 odd for 3 isn't a great score when he came.. someone needed to extend that with Gambhir and Laxman did exactly that and even after Gambhir's dismissal, he continued the flow of runs.. i don't want to compare these two knocks.. they were just too good and don't deserve to be compared..

Laxmans was a thing of beauty, stroked it everywere. Poetry. Laxman at his VERY best! In terms of on the eye laxmans by a mile. Thrilling knock. Pure class Gambhirs was a battle in a very tough situation. Against 2 new balls etc. he blunted the aussie pace attack and brought them to their knees, while laxy delivered the knock out blows to put them on the mat No doubt GGs was the better. His knock set it up for Laxman and co.

Gauti's for the kind of maturity he has shown.Frankly speaking I never thought he'll be able to score a double hundred against a quality team this early.Thought he was one of those players who lose concentration after reaching a 60 or 70.Now back to back test hundreds against world champions, he proved every one wrong. As for Laxman isn't he expected to score heavily everytime he walks to the wicket against his nemesis?

Tics is right. There is no 'better' in this case. Both were equally important and appropriate for the situations. Gambhir blunted the new ball, wore down the attack on the first day and then began to cash in. Laxman came in at a crucial period at the stroke of tea on day 1, provided the stable partnership needed to keep Australia from clawing back into the game, then began to pillage the bowling as India moved to a position of purely needing big runs on the board. Both equally excellent knocks, both good on the eyes (always nice to have two strokemakers of such class and flair bat together) and equally effective in battering Australia's bowlers into the dust.

GG was better; he opened saw 2 quick wickets fall but he stuck to his task. VVS is a superior batsman, has done it in past so its no big surprise that he did it again. Even against a relatively inexperienced aus bowling lineup, before the start of series had someone asked me if gambhir would get a double my answer would have been no way ; 100 probably double no chance. So him getting such a big score is a pleasant surprise.

Gambhir..simple because he had to face a fresh pace attack first up..lost couple of early wickets..Aussies had their tails up..tempered down his natural instincts a bit and showed that he has what it takes to play a long innings..and he changed gears effortlessly once Sachin was dismissed..