Advance congratulations to Rahul Dravid

Ram

Guest HariSampath

You know....let's extend this logic...yes RD is getting very rare 50+ scores, and then goes on a 6 match failure trip. So we wonder whether we can rely on even a decent score now. Fair question. The thing is we cant, sadly.....BUT, if India finish 50-100 runs behind in 1st inngs, and are 55-3 in 2nd inngs, and Dravid, pulls us out of a total mess, and takes us to 270 overall lead with a superb series saving 140....THEN I will be the first person to accept he has more to offer for another series, but still I would prefer him to leave on a high if this happens too.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: sehwag?? dude he faiiled miserably in FC..He doesn't like batting in Ranjji much.. he just like to score runs at the real stage.. the test cricket
I think what he meant was that after Sehwag returned to International cricket he has become better than ever. Ganguly too. Maybe Dravid needs a little break from cricket altogether. He can come back fresher and stronger.

There are guys who can come in and potentially contribute more than he is at the moment. No point in him going back to FC and trying to regain form, that will just hold back youngsters who might be good enough for India in the Long term. And with VS and SRT still around its not like the middle order will completely fall apart. Now is a good time, with two of his old buddies stepping down, after playing the best team in the world

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: sehwag?? dude he faiiled miserably in FC..He doesn't like batting in Ranjji much.. he just like to score runs at the real stage.. the test cricket
He was dropped for quite a time before oz tour. He played a lot of FC cricket whick clearly helped him and hence top run scorer in 2008
Time for the shameless back stabber to hang his head and follow Greg to australia as a ball boy for their practice session.The spineless worm might have realised that god sees the truth but waits.Kumble and Ganguly retires keeping their head high.But Dravid will leave after getting dropped.
stupid post. RD may have lost form, but he has been India's best Test batsman (some will say 'second' best) for the last decade. Just becos he is not in form now, you come up with this :haha:
RD please withdraw from the team. Either retire or go back to FC cricket. You are a waste of a test spot at the moment.
He'll go back to FC and come back into the team on merit of runs scored in FC. He has always been a merit-candidate, and he'll get back on the weight of runs.

If people jovially accume me of jinxing people, I am genuinely sorry. :(( But, if you actually/really/truly believe in jinxing and all that superstitious horse-manure, then :finger: Where superstitions start, reason ends. Where reason ends, chaos and confusion reign supreme. P.S - Actually, I dont know why I typed the last line, but thought it kinda has a wise-man feel to it. So, please excuse me. :D

I feel so sorry for Dravid ... Just his face when he dropped that catch off Sharma when Katich was in the 90s ... its like his world was falling apart. He looked so depressed. He needs some time away from the game. Time away from all this stress. Perhaps maybe a few months off will do him good. I would really hate to think that the last game that Rahul Dravid ever played was one where he scored 0, and 3 and dropped a catch. Dravid does not deserve this.