Test-XI and Test-XV for England Series

fineleg

I hate to be the pedant' date=' but Zaheer Khan took 11 wickets at 43.18 in the series, not a great effort and he has a poor record overrall in India - but I assume everyone is happy to persevere with him.[/quote'] Zak was good, he bowled brilliantly at times, really troubling the Aussie batsmen, though at times they just really went after him and a lot of edges to 3rd man got them runs so yeh i'd persist with him
I hate to be the pedant' date=' but Zaheer Khan took 11 wickets at 43.18 in the series, not a great effort and he has a poor record overrall in India - but I assume everyone is happy to persevere with him.[/quote'] Don't go by the stats books MSB. Anyone who watched this series would tell you how well Zaheer bowled. RP or Munaf don't come close to taking his place in the 11.
I hate to be the pedant' date=' but Zaheer Khan took 11 wickets at 43.18 in the series, not a great effort and he has a poor record overrall in India - but I assume everyone is happy to persevere with him.[/quote'] Stats don't do justice to the way he has bowled in this series , my friend.
I hate to be the pedant' date=' but Zaheer Khan took 11 wickets at 43.18 in the series, not a great effort and he has a poor record overrall in India - but I assume everyone is happy to persevere with him.[/quote'] You're right, but in context he outbowled the Aussi bowlers and had a number of drops go against him which isn't indicated in those stats. He was visibly upset with the slip catchers today when he yelled at them "I told you to come forward" when a catch just dropped short.
You're right, but in context he outbowled the Aussi bowlers and had a number of drops go against him which isn't indicated in those stats. He was visibly upset with the slip catchers today when he yelled at them "I told you to come forward" when a catch just dropped short.
at the receiving end was Mr. RD himself - when Hayden edge landed just short of him.

If anyone who deserves to bat at no.3, it's VVS. LOL@Fineleg's list for including Vijay at no.3. Vijay had a decent debut. Nothing spectacular about it (Did he score amazing 100 to have him in the team at any cost even without playing him as an opener???). He's an opener and has to wait for his chances. If selectors decide to drop Dravid for Eng series, then it's more or less certain that yuvi/rohit/badri will be fighting for no.5 and no.6 spots.

I feel rohit sharma has the potential to be a great batsman for us.he needs to think about his responsibilty to the team and not get out to rubbish shots.he also needs a secure position in the order to bat because all the moving around up and down the order is not helping.to me he has the tools to be great-lets see if he can his head right for the job.

This is Test cricket Yuvi :hysterical:
so wat yuvi needs to come in 3 reasons: 1.hes a left hander,having all right handers in MO wud be stupidity.ganguly the only leftie is gone so shud be replaced by another leftie 2.hes aggresive.generallly we need quick runs from our no.6.sachin n laxy r aggresive but not that much.we need another bat along with dhoni to score quickly in case in we need quick runs 3.he can win matches on his own.hes proved that in past.no body except sehwag can take the game away from opposition quickly than yuvraj