Hayden frustrated with "cricket happenings" in Third World Countries (aka India)!!!

fineleg

Good. It shows to what extent we have humiliated them and to what extent they are at a loss to explain the humiliation. Keep whining. Who cares?
Precisely. Aussie sportsmen are whingers to a fault - i dunno how they managed to produce a true gentleman like Pat Rafter or Rod Laver (mind you, Laver had it easy - easy to be gracious when you are unbeatable) but usually their sportsmen are the Hewitt/Hayden/Ponting types.
5000 years of history is in the past. In the present' date=' Aussies have a successful society, with very low poverty, very happy nation ( ie, they arnt trying to blow each other up like Indians or seceede- they are happy as a nation) and far greater social equality and responsibility than this so-called 'civilization' of 5000 years. Maybe the 5000 year old civilization needs to re-civilize itself ?? In the present, we are far behind the Aussies. As far as taint goes, you will find that Indians have killed far more indians - in warfare or genocide - than Aussies have done to themselves.[/quote'] Aussies have built their society on the oppresion of the local aborigines. They have wiped out generations of natives to build their free, happy and prospering society. Any talk of civilization, better society should be seen from the perspective of the natives, what sort of superior society are we talking about? I am not denying they are better off econimically, have a better society (built on the mass graves of natives), but to be a sore loser when you have lost to a team and to bring up the economic state of that country as a great repartee...is pathetic and even juvenile.
Aussies have built their society on the oppresion of the local aborigines.They have wiped out generations of natives to build their free, happy and prospering society.
True. But so have we - we've wiped out generations of vanvasis ( calling them nishads,pisacha, mlecchcha, etc) and we have opressed the dalits for thousands of years. Our cup is fuller than theirs if we account for history. Dont forget we Indians have 'namunaas' like Aurangzeb - who's probably on par with Hitler...who have the Aussie who are on par with Hitler ?
Any talk of civilization, better society should be seen from the perspective of the natives, what sort of superior society are we talking about?
They are the natives today. Mankind didnt just spring into existence in India - our ancestors too came to India like the Aussies' ancestor did.
but to be a sore loser when you have lost to a team and to bring up the economic state of that country as a great repartee...is pathetic and even juvenile.
True..but so were your comments.
Maybe someone should tell you that Aussies perhaps consider their lifestyle' date=' social levels of poverty and equitable society higher than having a third world nation of ignorance, chaos and terrorism while doing meaningless chest-thumping missions to the moon.[/quote'] It is very easy to say these things when you have population of Delhi + Mumbai while you hog large chunk of earth by oppressing aborigines. What makes you think that moon mission is meaningless ? You sound like another whiner.
My cynical response to that should be - why should I pitch fork with "helpless" fans then? The more measured response would be Indian fans cease to look beyond Mohalis and Mumbais simply because as a race we are always keen to put forth our "best" infront of visitors. Who wants a foreign team to take the air flight to Ranchi and then take a 3 hour drive to Jamshedpur, of course the same team is more than happy when they have to travel the same distance via bus in England. In my 20 plus years of cricket watching India is YET to play in Patna. Even against paploo team like Zimbabwe(I doubt Zimbabwe has better facilities than India). Let that sink in a bit. As Orwell, I beleive, said it - Some Animals are more equal than others. So yeah please feel free to defend your 3rd world set-up when you (not you personally) can not bestow the same to your own countrymen.
Luks yaar u know the condition of Roads in India and to travel the distance of 120 kms also takes a toll on your body , unlike what we find abroad . U must have travelled from Ranchi to Jsr and must have enjoyed the bumps u find on these Roads ,,,, yaar jo banda last seat mei baaitha hai uske tho lottery nikaal padte hai . I have also travelled several times on this road seriously yaar the 2-3 hrs journey is miserable .

This thread has become very racial very quickly. Why are people comparing countries like this ? Australia is a great country in terms of world class facilities, hospitality, cleanliness, lack of poverty and generally strong economic prosperity. India is also a great country but in terms of other aspects like culture, tradition, diversity, and history. India are starting to experience some strong economic growth and are one of the fastest growing economies in the world today. As for what Hayden said ... it reflects more on his character than it does on India as a country. The comments speak for themselves.

Sore loser. Definitely he has problems with his upbringing. I can't believe sportsmen like these have no respect for lives and enjoy picking on people that are striving. Shame on ya Hayden. If you can't help them at least treat them with some respect. The likes of Hayden have life too easy. They should be abondoned to so called third countries and made to lead life for a while. Such types will come up a cropper and won't be able to ear two meals a day. He should be thanking his stars for whatever he's been able to achieve.

It is very easy to say these things when you have population of Delhi + Mumbai while you hog large chunk of earth by oppressing aborigines.
Boolsheet. Size of the country is irrelevant - what is relevant is the productivity of it. Australia is mostly a desert wasteland - India is mostly a lush tropical paradise teeming with life. We are supposed to have a huge population, they are supposed to have a small population - this is basic common sense. And pray tell me, what has population gotto do with civility, poverty and social responsibility ?? those are cultural traits, not traits of laws of large numbers. Its not like if you have a HUGE population you become socially irresponsible like Indians are. Look at Japan - their population is huge - it is India-esque if you factor in how small their nation is - yet Japanese are 10 times the people Indians are when it comes to social responsibility, civility, dealing with poverty ( Japan was dead-broke after 1945) and ability to respect each other as citizens of a nation. So don't give me boolsheet excuses. And as far as opressing aborigines go, i dont condone that - but you gotto realize that Indians have opressed far more people in the past that Aussies have - we have specimens like Aurangzeb - who was an Indian - who do the Aussies have that compare to him ?!?
What makes you think that moon mission is meaningless ?
Because there isnt an IOTA of stuff we can learn from sending a man on moon instead of a drone ( i am not anti-Chandrayaan, i am anti-sending-indian-dude-to-moon like we've planned and set aside nearly 100 million bucks for). There is absolutely ZERO scientific/knowledge/information benefit from sending a person to the moon, except for chest-thumping rights - which is really lame for a nation that houses the largest population of people in poverty in the world. That'd be a bit like rickshaw-driver with 10 kids spending all his money on an armani suit instead of feeding his kids.
Sore loser. Definitely he has problems with his upbringing. I can't believe sportsmen like these have no respect for lives and enjoy picking on people that are striving. Shame on ya Hayden. If you can't help them at least treat them with some respect. The likes of Hayden have life too easy. They should be abondoned to so called third countries and made to lead life for a while. Such types will come up a cropper and won't be able to ear two meals a day. He should be thanking his stars for whatever he's been able to achieve.
Indeed. Well said. Most of these first-world-nation types have no idea what hard work is really like - ask them to lead a life like the common man in India or Africa and they'd collapse amidst depression and exhaustion.
Why cant people realise that every country has their problems and its pointless to start comparing countries?
Because : 1. That isnt true. All countries are NOT made equal - some have far more proactive citizens, some have far lamer citizens. 2. If we are to concede that, then there is no scope of learning from others and bettering ourselves.
Because : 1. That isnt true. All countries are NOT made equal - some have far more proactive citizens, some have far lamer citizens. 2. If we are to concede that, then there is no scope of learning from others and bettering ourselves.
I didnt say that. However, Australia is not without its problems too. Its disrespectful to say things like "Japanese are 10 times the people Indians are when it comes to dealing with ... " The average Indian can not do much about the problems in India. It is the responsibility of the politicians. There is a sufficiently large amount of corruption in India (although the NSW government seems to want to reach those same levels nowadays :p). To make a generalisation about the people of India (or any country for that matter ) just by looking at the social and economic problems is insenstive because it is the responsibility of the politicians, and one shouldnt look to put down someone else's country like that.
Its disrespectful to say things like "Japanese are 10 times the people Indians are when it comes to dealing with ... "
But it is also true. Is the truth disrespectful ? And if so, what do you think should give in - the truth or perceived disrespect ??
The average Indian can not do much about the problems in India.
That is exactly why Japanese are 10 times the citizens Indians are - we feel like we cant do much individually, so we do nothing. They feel like it is everyone's responsibility, so they do something. You mean to tell me that a country of 1 billion people can't do something about potholes in the road and everyone dumping their trash in the streets ? You mean to say we can't do anything about fostering harmony in our society instead of blowing each other up ? You mean to say that we as a sociey can't do anything about how bloody rude we are to strangers on the street ?? You mean to say that we can't do anything about the shocking levels of poverty in our country while billionaires are still hoarding wealth ?? If we can't, then why do we pretend to believe in the ideals of democracy and citizen power ? As far as i am concerned, there is nothing insensetive about the truth - i've not called names, i've not said we are less intelligent or less capable : Only pointed out our social irresponsibility. And as someone who was born in India and at one point was an Indian citizen,who has many elements of Indian culture in his life, i reserve the right to criticize my birth nation without insinuations of treason or insensetivity thrown in my direction.
Boolsheet. Size of the country is irrelevant - what is relevant is the productivity of it. Australia is mostly a desert wasteland - India is mostly a lush tropical paradise teeming with life. We are supposed to have a huge population' date=' they are supposed to have a small population - this is basic common sense. [b']And pray tell me, what has population gotto do with civility, poverty and social responsibility ?? those are cultural traits, not traits of laws of large numbers. Its not like if you have a HUGE population you become socially irresponsible like Indians are. Look at Japan - their population is huge - it is India-esque if you factor in how small their nation is - yet Japanese are 10 times the people Indians are when it comes to social responsibility, civility, dealing with poverty ( Japan was dead-broke after 1945) and ability to respect each other as citizens of a nation. So don't give me boolsheet excuses.
You just don't get it. Country size does matter. Australia is slightly smaller than US and India is about 1/3 of US (CIA world factbook). Lets say 80% of Australia is desert. Making some generous concessions, India has almost 30 times the population that of Australia in same amount of arable land. Hence law of large numbers definately applies here. More people , more fight for survival. Its easy to raise standard of living when you have few people and lot of resources. Consider how difficult it is in India to develop express highways & canals. If we take land from farmers, we have to arrange some alternative source of income for them. This is a non issue in sparsely populated countries since land is available in abundance. What I was saying is that, inspite of all these challenges, we are still making progress which is commendable.
And as far as opressing aborigines go, i dont condone that - but you gotto realize that Indians have opressed far more people in the past that Aussies have - we have specimens like Aurangzeb - who was an Indian - who do the Aussies have that compare to him ?!?
Hmm..but I still see natives of Indian origin around in India more than immigrants.
Although I do find that statement insulting as an Indian I will also not spend a minute arguing on the issue. For two reasons: a) This is something that powers that be, both in BCCI and CA, needs to take care of and NOT an average fan. b) I would like to see the response of "fans" from Mumbai, Mohali, Bangalore who choose to be completely indifferent when NO International games are held in backwaters of Bihar, Orrissa, Assam etc but keep piling on the games at Wankhedes and Chidambaram stadiums. Please feel free to defend your "third world" setups when you never bother to bestow the same favour on other areas of your nation. xxxx
I am totally lost with the comparison? So we as fans should shout out for more games in places where we aren't sure they have stadiums I don't get it Lurker, hayden picked on our cultural infrastructure and how exactly is that compared to a game not being played in Patna
Making some generous concessions, India has almost 30 times the population that of Australia in same amount of arable land.
That is false. India has more arable land than entire Europe,let alone Australia. That is a fact.
Hence law of large numbers definately applies here. More people , more fight for survival.
Would be true if we didnt have more resources ( food-wise), as we have far more arable land than Australia. And even then, i agree, we have problems with waay too many people - but who's fault is that- to breed like rats instead of giving a damn about the society - Indians or Australians ??
Hmm..but I still see natives of Indian origin around in India more than immigrants.
But we are immigrants too - we all come from Africa, thus making us all immigrants outside of Africa. And besides, historically speaking, you have NO IDEA if you are an immigrant or not - remember India has seen a LOT of immigration through the ages - we were the America of the world for millenias- we've had turks, Iranians, Kamboj, Bullhi (people of Balkh), Huns,Tusharas (Tocharians), Arabs, Europeans, etc. come to our shores - only diffrence is, our immigration is a lot older and a lot slower, instead of everyone showing up all at once ala Australia. Tell me how you can be so sure that your genealogy isnt of Huns or Tusharas and your family has been in India since mankind immigrated here from Africa ??
..thats a fact of life, even that is not enough..its always more and more and more