MSD to resign as Captain if RP dropped.

You know what's happening, don't you, guys? For a few rupees, one or more selection committee members of the richest cricket board in the world, are selling these "scoops" to Indian tabloids. Don't work yourselves up in a lather over scumbags such as these.
these guys were supposed to be the 1st paid selectors-what a shame.i would fire the guy who leaked the info.

Media bowls it all out of proportion again. I guess Dhoni just wants to give proven performers a decent run in the side before deciding if they should be dropped. I disagree with that at the moment, because Pathan has been doing well in Ranji trophy and RP definitely looks out of form, so a swap at this stage is not such a bad thing

i hope thats true. i know i'm gonna be bashed for saying this' date='but if only if the reports are true,then dhoni doesnt deserve to be captain imo.this only shows how much he cares about the team,he cant get the team he wants everytime.he should learn to captain the team he has.[/quote'] :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: you are about to join the ignore list
Dhoni u legend :hatsoff: At the press conference in Bangalore, journos were bombarding him with questions on all this drama about resigning the captaincy..after tackling eight to ten questions quite comfortably, he asks them " don't wana hear anything regarding the team for tomorrow?!" :hysterical::hysterical:
Quality stuff from MSD again to go along with
"We do not have players in this team with outstanding talent, which can win every game. But as a team we are outstanding. So for us the mantra is being a team, and these things will not break the trust we have in each other. It's important for us to be a team."
I must disagree with part of that statement though, we do have outstanding talent in the team which can win every game. But I like the emphasis on team

Dhoni is too cheeky and is doing him lots of good though. He makes some really cheeky comments such as "Don't you want to know about the team tomorrow?" that shows the media in very bad light. Without losing his vocal chord he seems to get his point across and also put some in their place. Not a bad way to deal with the media. They wouldn't even know they have been shown in poor light. Contrast this with Ponting that went all guns blazing at the media and the Ex-Captains but took a lot of flak for it.

Mr Selector, you should be ashamed Anand Vasu New Delhi IT'S A great story — captain versus selection committee, the struggle for control of the Indian team — but the latest episode of a selector leaking a discussion that happened in a meeting is a sordid affair leaving no winners in Indian cricket. For the media, and through them the public, it's all very well. But behind every leak is an interested party. The question is: why did a selector choose to put this piece of information out in the open? Or, what did he have to gain? To speculate on which selector sprung a leak is pointless. Unless we hear a recording of a conversation with the journalist in question, we'll never know for sure who it was. The point is, M.S Dhoni will know just who chirped, and that selector himself will know. By calling the episode “disgusting and disrespectful†Dhoni is talking to the man who leaked it, and he knows that the captain knows who let him down. Dhoni did not confirm that he offered, or threatened (if you will) to step down, but by not denying it he's allowed people to assume there was some truth in the suggestion. The point is, this is neither here nor there. If the decision in question was big enough, something that tore at the very heart of the team the captain was building, Dhoni would have actually resigned when he failed to get his way, not merely threatened to do so. Dhoni is not one to suffer fools gladly . But there's also no need to be shocked if Dhoni did offer to resign. After all, a captain is only as good as his team, and at the end of the day it is the captain’s head on the line if the team fails to perform. So it is natural that Dhoni feels strongly about a certain player and expresses his view. Equally, though, there is a need for a strong and independent panel of selectors, as some things that aren't obvious to the captain can be seen by a keen observer on the outside. The captain certainly should not have his way completely, but here the problem stems from the fact that this panel is yet to prove that it fits the bill. What this incident does is vitiate the atmosphere in the dressing-room. Just how much faith will RP have in the most powerful of Indian cricketers, the captain in all three formats, if he could not sway the selectors? Just how much confidence will Irfan have, if he believes the report that his captain threatened to quit when the selectors picked him in place of RP? And you can imagine the sledging when Irfan takes the field. Team selection is the most crucial element in building a successful unit, and the process can be charged up or even vitriolic: you expect passion, arguments, even fights when picking the best possible team. But once that is done, the selectors have to stand united, whether they like it or not. The one bad egg in the lot who chooses to leak, only weakens Indian cricket, and reveals himself as having an agenda. There's no need to name names, no need for the BCCI to investigate. You know who you are, Mr Selector, and you should be ashamed. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I wonder what this selector thought he'd gain by leaking such reports in the media. I think it is high time that the BCCI takes this matter seriously and finds out who the stupid fools are who are doing this shameful job and why. How does media get an e-mail copy sent to BCCI or the fitness reports copies submitted by the physio? How?? BCCI should also appoint one media manager for itself.

Good straight-talking from MSD. Imagine a Sachin or a Dravid in the same situation.... Press asks the question; 'So skipper, what do you think about the leaked details about your confrontation with the selectors over the RP Singh issue?' Sachin/Dravid: Sure, we just have to play some good cricket, bat well, bowl well and field well and all other things will fall into place. Press: ??

Mr Selector, you should be ashamed http://www.hindustantimes.com/StoryPage/FullcoverageStoryPage.aspx?sectionName=&id=ac4e0039-8bbb-44f6-92f9-bb262ca6fbd0TheEnglishChallenge_Special&&IsCricket=true&Headline=Mr+Selector%2c+you+should+be+ashamed It's a great story — captain versus selection committee, the struggle for control of the Indian team — but the latest episode of a selector leaking a discussion that happened in a meeting is a sordid affair leaving no winners in Indian cricket. For the media, and through them the public, it's all very well. But behind every leak is an interested party. The question is: why did a selector choose to put this piece of information out in the open? Or, what did he have to gain? To speculate on which selector sprung a leak is pointless. Unless we hear a recording of a conversation with the journalist in question, we'll never know for sure who it was. The point is, M.S Dhoni will know just who chirped, and that selector himself will know. By calling the episode “disgusting and disrespectful†Dhoni is talking to the man who leaked it, and he knows that the captain knows who let him down. Dhoni did not confirm that he offered, or threatened (if you will) to step down, but by not denying it he's allowed people to assume there was some truth in the suggestion. The point is, this is neither here nor there. If the decision in question was big enough, something that tore at the very heart of the team the captain was building, Dhoni would have actually resigned when he failed to get his way, not merely threatened to do so. Dhoni is not one to suffer fools gladly. But there's also no need to be shocked if Dhoni did offer to resign. After all, a captain is only as good as his team, and at the end of the day it is the captain’s head on the line if the team fails to perform. So it is natural that Dhoni feels strongly about a certain player and expresses his view. Equally, though, there is a need for a strong and independent panel of selectors, as some things that aren't obvious to the captain can be seen by a keen observer on the outside. The captain certainly should not have his way completely, but here the problem stems from the fact that this panel is yet to prove that it fits the bill. What this incident does is vitiate the atmosphere in the dressing-room. Just how much faith will RP have in the most powerful of Indian cricketers, the captain in all three formats, if he could not sway the selectors? Just how much confidence will Irfan have, if he believes the report that his captain threatened to quit when the selectors picked him in place of RP? And you can imagine the sledging when Irfan takes the field. Team selection is the most crucial element in building a successful unit, and the process can be charged up or even vitriolic: you expect passion, arguments, even fights when picking the best possible team. But once that is done, the selectors have to stand united, whether they like it or not. The one bad egg in the lot who chooses to leak, only weakens Indian cricket, and reveals himself as having an agenda. There's no need to name names, no need for the BCCI to investigate. You know who you are, Mr Selector, and you should be ashamed.

There's no need to name names' date=' [b']no need for the BCCI to investigate. You know who you are, Mr Selector, and you should be ashamed.
there is a need to find and fire this selector. otherwise he wont be affected and will carry on the 'usual bcci way' PS: Maybe MSD shud have slapped the selector. And he (the selector) wud have done a "But how can he slap, sir? how can he slap?"

A comment Dhoni made yesterday, should hopefully clear that problem

Dhoni pledged his support to both RP and Pathan, who he said had faith in his abilities. "There might be a scenario where all of a sudden we might want to get in touch with RP Singh and Irfan Pathan. And you don't want RP to feel that I will go out of the way and stand and defend him and Irfan should not feel I don't want him in the team. I will stand and defend both these players and both of them trust me. My talks with them went off well."
What this incident does is vitiate the atmosphere in the dressing-room. Just how much faith will RP have in the most powerful of Indian cricketers' date= the captain in all three formats, if he could not sway the selectors?
Thats one way to look at it.....I suppose. Other, and in my opinion more important, way to look at it is that MS Dhoni stood like a rock behind RP Singh. Please bear in mind that Dhoni was specifically asked about RP in his press conferences and Dhoni replied that RP Singh was an excellent bowler and he was basically struggling for his rythm and that as his skipper he will lend RP all his support(and so should fans). We now know that Dhoni's utterances were not merely talking point that most skippers do in front of camera. To MS's credit he stood behind his man both on and off the field and that gentlemen(and ladies) is called integrity. It is hard to find in todays world.
Just how much confidence will Irfan have, if he believes the report that his captain threatened to quit when the selectors picked him in place of RP? And you can imagine the sledging when Irfan takes the field
. Irfan will have no such inhibitions. For starters Irfan's performance recently has hardly been anything for him to act like prima donna. Secondly, and I am surprised noone has raised this yet, Dhoni has played Irfan's half brother YK in 3 consecutive matches, including the current one at Guwahati and gave YK a free reign. Does it take a rocket scientist to see that if Dhoni had any nefarious design he could have easily dropped YK from Indian XI, a decision that would have hardly raised much fracas amongst fans. YK after all is hardly one of the India's better prospects. In a nutshell yes the selector embarassed himself but any way you look at it Dhoni only comes out stronger in the whole saga. xxx
I don't see the big deal with the leak. It is important for us to know what went on there. Why hide it from the fans? If leaks are the only way to know it' date=' so be it.[/quote'] I had a friend from Bihar who once said "Corruption is a great thing. Ganguly got selected because of corruption. So we should be grateful to those who are corrupt." You sound a lot like him.
I had a friend from Bihar who once said "Corruption is a great thing. Ganguly got selected because of corruption. So we should be grateful to those who are corrupt." You sound a lot like him.
I am sure that was Shatrughan Sinha :hehe: He had once famously said that Laloo was corrupt but could get the work done, unlike other politicians who were not corrupt but couldnt get job done. You would be surprised as to how many people actually do beleive in that line of thought. Heck that is how Chinese are perceived in the West, a thoroughly corrupt and dictatorial regime but a group of corrupt politicians who can get things done without getting caught up in the Democratic malarky.