Test Squad of India For England Series

Lord

I would like to see Pujara performing in A tours and foreign soil before giving him a go.Make no mistake he is a remarkable talent..he is almost there,hope he makes the cut. OTOH we have invested what,7-8 years in Yuvraj? It would be poor on selector's part to disregard him without one last chance.In any case i think Pujara is wasted at that no.6 slot which is free atm..if and when he makes the cut,he should be no.3 or no.4 IMO. Yuvraj OTOH,if he clicks would be an ideal no.6 in tests.

How about this for conspiracy theories; Rahul Dravid has been given an ultimatum to perform or perish in the first test. If he does, he stays. If he doesnt, either Badri or M.Vijay replace him in the middle order. This explains Chandan's query of why TWO reserve batsman were picked.

I dont understand why M Vijay is in the team? He was drafted in because of Gambhir's ban and now that both Viru and Gambhir are back in the frame' date=' M Vijay should not be there in the squad.[/quote'] hes there bcoz he did well.he is our reserve opener.he did not deserve to be dropped.thats it.
hes there bcoz he did well.he is our reserve opener.he did not deserve to be dropped.thats it.
We dont usually carry reserve openers during home series, especially when the guys who are doing the job currently are in good form. We can have reserve middle order batsmen to be back ups when one of the middle order batsmen fail and we need to replace him. M Vijay's selection is beyond me
We dont usually carry reserve openers during home series, especially when the guys who are doing the job currently are in good form. We can have reserve middle order batsmen to be back ups when one of the middle order batsmen fail and we need to replace him. M Vijay's selection is beyond me
I think its more because if RD suddenly gets dropped or retires mid series ... instead of throwing Laxman in at 3 (who doesnt want to bat 3), they can throw in Murali Vijay. He is not just a reserve opener, but also a future no.3. I dno , thats what I suspect.
I think its more because if RD suddenly gets dropped or retires mid series ... instead of throwing Laxman in at 3 (who doesnt want to bat 3), they can throw in Murali Vijay. He is not just a reserve opener, but also a future no.3. I dno , thats what I suspect.
Dude - Thats exactly my point. RD is a mkiddle order batsman and if he fails and needs to be replaced, then it should be Badri and not M Vijay.