How much Dravid mek?

For how much longer is Mr.Rahul Sharad Dravid going mortgage our test prospects with failure after failure at the crucial no.3 position? How much more can we take? More importantly, how much can he take? He's an awesome cricketer, but before that, he's a fine Gentleman and that very same gentleman in him will now be telling him that he isnt doing his team any favors with his batting form.

Shame to see RSD fail again. Although I am curious about one thing - if fineleg is calling him a better test batsman than Tendulkar, could fineleg also provide evidence of Tendulkar having extended slumps in form that match Dravid's almost-2-year slump? Truly great batsmen mark themselves by consistency. This is one reason why IMO history will mark Tendulkar as a superior to Lara, not just for longevity but for a greater consistency over time - Lara's highs may have been a bit more dazzling and memorable, but his lows were far more frequent and lower. Bradman, Richards, Sobers, SRT have rarely had periods without runs. Have Tendulkar, or even Gavaskar, gone through periods such as what Dravid is currently in?

Hey, our best batsmen in form got out for 9 and 19 respectively. Give the man a break. Criticize him (as he deserves to be) but also the others because otherwise its not fair
Would you like to be reminded of what Sehwag and Dravid have managed to do in the previous tests this year?
Would you like to be reminded of what Sehwag and Dravid have managed to do in the previous tests this year?
No, I know how well each has fared. I understand that Dravid is probably in the worst possible form of his life and that anyone has had to go through (in our famed middle order) but do understand that IN this match, other batsmen in very good form also failed. I don't know - I feel very sad that he's having to go through this- I'd feel terrible if he retired but I feel even worse watching him go through this because he's someone I really respect a lot for his dedication, commitment, and perseverance. Despite having all those ingredients, he's failing repeatedly - I feel bad for him.
No, I know how well each has fared. I understand that Dravid is probably in the worst possible form of his life and that anyone has had to go through (in our famed middle order) but do understand that IN this match, other batsmen in very good form also failed. I don't know - I feel very sad that he's having to go through this- I'd feel terrible if he retired but I feel even worse watching him go through this because he's someone I really respect a lot for his dedication, commitment, and perseverance. Despite having all those ingredients, he's failing repeatedly - I feel bad for him.
I understand your sentiments, but there has to be a time when you should separate your admiration, respect for Dravid from the team's larger interests.

Easy solution is for him to go back to Ranji cricket. Doesn't mean a career's over. Look at Ganguly. Written off 2-3 years ago, people thought he'd never play again and he fought his way back. Dravid will not benefit just hanging around the middle, grinding some runs out and struggling like this while just waiting for the big innings to come around the corner and being a liability and a serious weak link that any opposition can exploit. If Dravid doesn't make it back from there, that's sad but life will go on. If he does, then full credit to him. But either way, the batting lineup has a sense of brittleness to it with him at 3, as one wicket invariably means a loss of momentum and runs, or a second wicket.

Harry Potter reference. It's gone beyond sad now what's happened to Dravid over the last two years. And it's really dragging the team down.
Uh nasty. I hate harry pothead. And you're right, Dravid is dragging the team down. SRT/Sehwag/Gambhir aren't going to score centuries in every match so we need a guy in there that can graft and play good solid defense. Vijay or Badrinath should have gotten a chance.

Its a shame seeing Dravid like this, but he has 3 more innings imo before he will probably get dropped. The problem with Dravid now is that when he goes out to bat he is just looking to occupy crease time and block his way out of his form slump so he may block 99 balls, score 15 runs and then when the bowler produces a good delivery he will get out. Yes it was only 1 ball in 100 that the bowler bowled well but Dravid didnt capitalise on the loose deliveries. Dravid was never an attacking batsman like Sachin or Sehwag but the dravid of 2001-2006 would at least cash in on the odd loose delivery here and there.