Dravid - the new night watchman for India

^ 90 runs per session is difficult but achievable. if Sachin cant play on turning / bouncing track' date=' then why is he Sachin? i was at the ground today. there is no devil in the pitch. yes - there are lot of footmarks, but the pitch is very slow and it gets slower after it pitches, giving enough time for the batsman to adjust his shot. strauss and collingwood did exactly that.. and if sachin and others can do tht, the match is in the kitty. For tht Sachin has to get stuck there and ensure that the job is done, even if he has to bat with Mishi or Ishant.[/quote'] yes,but it takes only on delivery to be out.we cant over rely on sachin.
yes' date='but it takes only on delivery to be out.we cant over rely on sachin.[/quote'] Dude.. i'm not saying, we cant win if Sachin doesnt stay till end. All I'm saying is being the senior most member in the team and having experienced the 1999 run chase, Sachin should take the onus on himself and ensure that he guides this young team to succes... Is that too much to ask from Sachin? BTW.. why are you over-defending Sachin, wheh he has not even faltered? I'm expecting him to hit a century and take the credit for a happy victory. But you are over defending him, as if you are happi with a 30-40 from him and let the others so the job.
Dude.. i'm not saying, we cant win if Sachin doesnt stay till end. All I'm saying is being the senior most member in the team and having experienced the 1999 run chase, Sachin should take the onus on himself and ensure that he guides this young team to succes... Is that too much to ask from Sachin? BTW.. why are you over-defending Sachin, wheh he has not even faltered? I'm expecting him to hit a century and take the credit for a happy victory. But you are over defending him, as if you are happi with a 30-40 from him and let the others so the job.
no u r overattacking him.as if only he is our saviour and anything less than 100,even if it is 90 is unacceptable.make no mistake,eng still are favourites.if sachin does do it,fantastic.but if he doesnt,u cant call it unpardonable and blame it on him only?
^ i'll still blame him' date=' cos it was expected from from him and he dint deliver. Every one in the team will take the blame, but sachin should take the bigger blame[/quote'] its expected from everyone.thay may no be sachin but are still world class players.

Imagine if you were Dravid tonight, knowing that one, just one last throw of the die is left to resurrect what has been an amazing career, what would be going through your mind? He knows that if he fails, and India loses, he'll have to go, and at his age, there's no coming back. He obviously believes he still has it in him, otherwise he would have retired. Tomorrow, if he fails, I hope Chennai realises that this is the last time they'll see him, and have the grace to send him off with a standing ovation. He's been mammoth for India. Once in a generation player.

Imagine if you were Dravid tonight, knowing that one, just one last throw of the die is left to resurrect what has been an amazing career, what would be going through your mind? He knows that if he fails, and India loses, he'll have to go, and at his age, there's no coming back. He obviously believes he still has it in him, otherwise he would have retired. Tomorrow, if he fails, I hope Chennai realises that this is the last time they'll see him, and have the grace to send him off with a standing ovation. He's been mammoth for India. Once in a generation player.
Bravo. In spite of the inconsistencies of the last 2 years, we shouldn't forget what all he's done for the team ever since debuting in the midst of a personnel crisis with an unhappy captain and players walking out on tours, and immediately bringing stability with his runs. I really do hope he can make just one more big score when it counts.
I'll happily take a 30 off 100 from Dravid tomorrow. These days he seems incapable of doing even that.
I completely agree on the first point. The priority for this team has got to be not to lose wickets quickly. Build partnerships and if Dravid can hang around for a 100 plus deliveries then I'll take it considering his current form.