Dravid - the new night watchman for India

He averages 26 in the last 24 tests against decent teams. Neither Sachin nor the much maligned Bengal Tiger have ever gone through such a prolonged slump. And I bet, neither of them would have been given such a long rope either. Time for Dravid to go. Plain and simple.

Anything less than 100 from Sachin tomorrow is unpardonable. No more lapse in concentration. No more playing for the breaks. No more slow batting while nearing landmarks. Sachin - for once' date=' play for us FANS...[/quote'] take that,dinnakar.can u pardon him now?:giggle:
take that' date='dinnakar.can u pardon him now?:giggle:[/quote'] Absolutely... lemme bow to the legend... This is the kind of innings I wanted from him and boy.. did he deliver... He made me cry in 1999... and he made me cry again (this time in joy - as he punched the air and was offered an air lift by Yuvi) after 9 long years... Absolute gem of an innings... :yay: :yay: :yay: Hafta celebrate now... whose taking me out for a drink? :two_thumbs_up:

@ Topic - Does anyone still think that my night watchman comment on Dravid was HARSH? Wel... he did the nightwatchman job perfectly. Saw off the final overs yesterday, and dint stay long today morning. It was good that he was sengt back early in the morning, which brought Sachin to the crease and the momentum was kept throughout the innings. Dravid's time is us. IMHO - Cheeka should have offered the VRS to RD first and not Dada... Now RD has got himself into a situation where he cant even expect a VRS. If Dhoni is a real tough captain that he is aiming to be, then he would drop RD in the next test. Doesnt matter who replaces him, RD has no place in this team.

@ Topic - Does anyone still think that my night watchman comment on Dravid was HARSH? Wel... he did the nightwatchman job perfectly. Saw off the final overs yesterday, and dint stay long today morning. It was good that he was sengt back early in the morning, which brought Sachin to the crease and the momentum was kept throughout the innings. Dravid's time is us. IMHO - Cheeka should have offered the VRS to RD first and not Dada... Now RD has got himself into a situation where he cant even expect a VRS. If Dhoni is a real tough captain that he is aiming to be, then he would drop RD in the next test. Doesnt matter who replaces him, RD has no place in this team.
i agree.dravid should have gone first,but now that ganguly has gone,dravid should stay.we cant have too many youngsters iin our team

Too many youngster? You must be joking... Tell me who is the youngter in this XI that won us the match today... RD is simply blocking the way for some youngter. I dont care whether it is Rohit or Badri or anyone else... But RD should go.. Its that simple. We threw 4 debutants in the 1996 series against Eng in Eng. Two of them went on to become the biggest names in Indian cricket for a dozen years... One has bowed out with grace and the other is refusing to go. Its time for someone to show him the exit door

Too many youngster? You must be joking... Tell me who is the youngter in this XI that won us the match today... RD is simply blocking the way for some youngter. I dont care whether it is Rohit or Badri or anyone else... But RD should go.. Its that simple. We threw 4 debutants in the 1996 series against Eng in Eng. Two of them went on to become the biggest names in Indian cricket for a dozen years... One has bowed out with grace and the other is refusing to go. Its time for someone to show him the exit door
mishra and yuvi are still not sure of thier spots.we need the experience of RD wen we go to NZ,dont tell me badri or rohit are better bet than dravid in NZ conditions