Harbhajan Singh (bowling) under the scanner: a.k.a The Spin Crisis

fineleg

Actually' date=' the critism is going on for years and is not based on this one innings. Look at when this thread started Ten years is a long time for a spin bowler to be experienced enough to get wickets on any surface[/quote'] Based on myths, personal hatred and sterotypes. He is ranked number 6 in rankings and was top wicket taker in 2008 for all world test players. He is a good spinner. May not be an all time great but is a very good player and consistent performer
Based on myths, personal hatred and sterotypes. He is ranked number 6 in rankings and was top wicket taker in 2008 for all world test players. He is a good spinner. May not be an all time great but is a very good player and consistent performer
I think his being the top wicket taker is also to do with playing more matches. He is not a match winner period. We expect our pace bowlers to be match winners and win macthes on their own but not out spin bowler, why? And other countries ahving lame spinners doesnt mean that we set our standards low, India is reknowned for spin bowling
I think his being the top wicket taker is also to do with playing more matches. He is not a match winner period. We expect our pace bowlers to be match winners and win macthes on their own but not out spin bowler, why? And other countries ahving lame spinners doesnt mean that we set our standards low, India is reknowned for spin bowling
So who is this magical match winning spinner ala murali/warne type that you want in the side. Give me the name? O thats right no one can cos we dont have one. He has won matches for us but maybe not with the frequency or magical quality you require. He is still a very good spinner if not brillinat. He is also certainly the best spinner we have. He is also certainly in the top 4 spinners in world cricket.
So who is this magical match winning spinner ala murali/warne type that you want in the side. Give me the name? O thats right no one can cos we dont have one. He has won matches for us but maybe not with the frequency or magical quality you require. He is still a very good spinner if not brillinat. He is also certainly the best spinner we have. He is also certainly in the top 4 spinners in world cricket.
Givie anyone, Ojha or Pawar as long a run. they will yeild better figures. In fact Powar's figures were better than Bhajji in the matches they played together