Well done Dravid

Mr. Wicket

Dravid can go to NZ or US or Europe.:--D how can any one stop him. of course there was a little matter of form and confidence which are extremely important and there were many ex.cricketers advising him rest/break. just imagine if he had failed, it would have been extremely difficult for him to be considered for NZ.Even Srikkanth would not have been able to convince the other selectors. he was literally on borrowed time.he had come good and so be happy!. as far as ICF fans asking him to be dropped, they were justified after chennai- for the team's sake as well as Dravid's sake.
i meant for cricket tour:cantstop: and i have no problem with people askin him to be dropped,but calling him a nightwatchman and labelling him as selfish is not justified,is it?

Well, I was asking him to be dropped after the Oz series as he was not performing and to give younger players a chance to get into the side. An out of form Dravid is easy to replace, but an in form and dependable Dravid is irreplaceable. Besides, it was also getting painful to see a great player like him struggling for runs in the most pathetic way in the last few tests and over some period now...it was not a dignified spectacle. I am glad that he has come good and I hope he gets back in top nick and carries that forward to NZ and onwards till the point he chooses to retire...and I hope that he does retire at the top of his game and not in a slump.

Well, I was asking him to be dropped after the Oz series as he was not performing and to give younger players a chance to get into the side. An out of form Dravid is easy to replace, but an in form and dependable Dravid is irreplaceable. Besides, it was also getting painful to see a great player like him struggling for runs in the most pathetic way in the last few tests and over some period now...it was not a dignified spectacle. I am glad that he has come good and I hope he gets back in top nick and carries that forward to NZ and onwards till the point he chooses to retire...and I hope that he does retire at the top of his game and not in a slump.
:two_thumbs_up:

I think the early fall of a wicket is when he is used to flourish. Even today when Sehwag got out early, he has played well. So, there must be some connection of the surgence of Gambhir as a good opener to Dravid fall in form. Sehwag-Gambhir score freely and well and usually lay a very good foundation. He comes along, he is confused whethere to emulate the play or play defensive. Playing defensive would give away the advantage of a good opening partnership. So blame Gambhir for Dravid's fall!! ;-)

In a way, you could be right. He has been getting out quite often trying to play forcing shots early on...this may very well be due to the fact that he is over conscious of not wanting to arrest the momentum imparted to the innings by the top two. But he has got to realise that he has his own game and role to play...to solidify the batting, arrest batting skittles and to anchor the stroke makers...I think he forgot his role and game there for a while and got caught up in the frenetic pace of scoring of the opening pair. Hopefully now, it will come back to him fully and he will understand his real worth in the side.

Good for Rahul, atleast he's showed to the rest of the world that he can still score runs. But in all truth, this has changed little. If you give a man with 10,000 runs enough shots at scoring runs, he's bound to score a few once in a while. Its mere probability. But still, that doesnt take anything away from the fact that he's struggling and scores his runs at too slow a pace. Its a not a question of 'Can Rahul Dravid do enough to be in the team?', Its a question of 'Is he doing enough to help us win test matches. If not, is there someone else who can do the job better?' This innings reminds me of Collingwood's 100 in the first test. He too has been struggling for form and he too, scratched and prodded his way to a 'welcome 100'. But, whats the use? His innings lacked momentum, slowed the England innings down and in the end, they made too few runs too slowly and lost.

Good for Rahul, atleast he's showed to the rest of the world that he can still score runs. But in all truth, this has changed little. If you give a man with 10,000 runs enough shots at scoring runs, he's bound to score a few once in a while. Its mere probability. But still, that doesnt take anything away from the fact that he's struggling and scores his runs at too slow a pace. Its a not a question of 'Can Rahul Dravid do enough to be in the team?', Its a question of 'Is he doing enough to help us win test matches. If not, is there someone else who can do the job better?' This innings reminds me of Collingwood's 100 in the first test. He too has been struggling for form and he too, scratched and prodded his way to a 'welcome 100'. But, whats the use? His innings lacked momentum, slowed the England innings down and in the end, they made too few runs too slowly and lost.
we r winning anyway,so why the fuss? and when we tour,these slow hundreds will help us to win.remember his 93 at perth.that was slow too.today's pitch was swinging ang chennai's hero,sehwag,expectedly failed.dravid was slow but was solid too. what i'm trying to say is u gotta have each type of batsman.we cant afford 11 sehwag like batsman if we want to win in all conditions.what u cant deny is that rahul has a great technique and will be helpful in different pitches

Its not just that he scored some runs today. Whats great is that he looked confident and he looked like the old Dravid we all know and love. A batsman like Dravid is really very useful in the team. Seems he has found himself back and if he has, there is absolutely no question of letting him go.

where r these folks who said these things about RD: 1.he is a nightwatchman:mad: 2.he is selfish:-! 3,him going is a good thing for us 4.sehwag is a better than rahul(even tho i'm a absolute fan of viru,to say he is better than rahul is idiotic) 5.he should retire as he is blocking a GENUINE no.3. come out,u people i said it earlier and will say it again ,RAHUL DRAVID SHOULD GO TO NEWZEALAND. i'm also suprised folks saying he batted slow.gambhir in form of his life,being an aggresive player batted at 40.we should give credit to swann who bowled fantastically without luck.others bowlers bowled negatively which didnt help the run rate
Dude, there is absolutely no need of you to chest-thump. To start off, RD was not suppose to be in the team due to his poor form albeit he was dragging his tail all the way along. Don't you think a 50 was due from him given the amount of pressure for him to retain his place in the side ? All in all, terrific knock. I hope this isn't a false hope from RD just after his 93 vs Aus in Perth :winky:. All the RD 'worshippers' said the exact same thing to find out that RD was still in slump :giggle:
Dude, there is absolutely no need of you to chest-thump. To start off, RD was not suppose to be in the team due to his poor form albeit he was dragging his tail all the way along. Don't you think a 50 was due from him given the amount of pressure for him to retain his place in the side ? All in all, terrific knock. I hope this isn't a false hope from RD just after his 93 vs Aus in Perth :winky:. All the RD 'worshippers' said the exact same thing to find out that RD was still in slump :giggle:
i'm not chest thumping,but there were some outrageous allegations against him just bcoz he in bad him.he has scored 10000runs in both forms of cricket so he deserves some respect.even his worst form wont deserve comments like hes a nightwatchman or hes selfish or tha his going is good for india,
i'm not chest thumping' date='but there were some outrageous allegations against him just bcoz he in bad him.he has scored 10000runs in both forms of cricket so he deserves some respect.even his worst form wont deserve comments like hes a nightwatchman or hes selfish or tha his going is good for india,[/quote'] Being a Sachin fan, shouldn't be accustomed to these kinda 'reserved' comments.
those people calling it a boring knock, either don't like watching test cricket or are drunk.. there were some excellent shots played by Rahul. Dravid is one of the most elegent batsman to play cricket. those flicks and cover drives are just treat to watch
yeah that cover drive that beat three fielders two short covers was something else.it told me that dravid has arrived

Extremely glad to see Rahul playing a substantial knock finally. He was really shaky earlier and had few lucky escapes too but batsmen needed that luck today since ball was moving in the first session. Hope we build on this foundation tomorrow but if so many overs are going to be lost everyday, I can't see a result in this match.