Haddin appeals for bowled having his gloves in front of the stumps - Video added

will third umpire report it to the referee and will anything come out of this
What if Dhoni or some Asian keeper did this? Sure 5 Test ban. They should ban Haddin for 5 Tests atleast. But ICC as usual will let Aus go scot free. Bias and favoritism are really wrong, and not just in cricket as some posters have even seen and experienced here. But I guess favoritism is one of those ugly things that is there everywhere, and in all walks of life, I suppose. Same violations - some get free ride, some slap on the wrist, and other bans and such.

The Aussies commentators are no.1 hypocrites. Not once during that entire episode did they even a utter a syllable against Haddin. Surely, Haddin must have known that was not out coz a) He knew his gloves were in front of the stumps b) He also knew his gloves hit the bail. And yet he continued claiming the stumping as though nothing happened. I dont have a problem with Haddin getting his gloves in front of the stumps, I dont have a problem with his gloves hitting the stumps either. Both of these can happen accidentally. But what I do have a BIG problem is that he continued appealing for the bowled. Shameful!

It was terrible to see yet again Aussies resort to cheating to win a game of cricket. How does it matter winning just a single ODI? They have been losing all games this summer and prior. You can't help but laugh at their state of cricket. The Aussie players are morally bereft. Ponting and his men have just been fined for over rate which will piss them quite a bit. Haddin should be banned at least couple of matches to ensure they don't resort to such acts in future. I'm quite sure NZ team will lodge a complaint and Haddin will be found guilty. Vettori has already called Haddin a cheat and as usual Ponting is running to Haddin's rescue. http://tvnz.co.nz/content/2459857

Relations between the two Chappell-Hadlee Trophy captains plummeted on Sunday night as Ricky Ponting fumed at Daniel Vettori's inference that Australian wicketkeeper Brad Haddin cheated. Haddin's actions dominated post-match discussion after New Zealand's thrilling two-wicket win off the final ball, as he potentially joined Greg Chappell and Greg Dyer as trans-Tasman cricketing villains. Replays of New Zealand batsman Neil Broom's dismissal for 29, bowled by spinner Michael Clarke, showed Haddin's gloves dislodging the bails and the ball missing the top of the stumps. Broom looked baffled but didn't linger at the crease and umpires Bruce Oxenham (Australia) at square leg and Steve Bucknor (West Indies) at the bowler's end had no issues, while Haddin didn't attempt to recall Broom. The dismissal came at a crucial time and could have cost New Zealand victory, with Broom and topscorer Ross Taylor adding 42 for the fifth wicket and looking comfortable. Vettori, who hit the winning runs, was in little doubt as to Haddin's actions. "I think you saw from Haddin's reaction that he knew something was wrong so he probably should have made more noise about it," Vettori said. "It is (disappointing) because I thought that was the partnership that was going to win the game, so it put us under a bit more pressure. We've just got to make sure it doesn't happen again." A bristling Ponting said he hadn't seen a replay of the dismissal, but would confront Vettori about his comments. "I think he'd better make sure he's 100 percent right before he comes out and makes those sort of statements. It's a bit much, he's basically claiming (Haddin's) a cheat, isn't he? That's a bit strong unless they're 100 percent certain," Ponting said. "We'll wait and see. If (a replay) does show anything that Brad is in the clear, I'll certainly be letting Daniel know about it. "It's probably worth Haddin having a chat to him as well. He's basically had a bit of a crack at Haddin's makeup." Ponting said Haddin was adamant the dismissal was legitimate, and gave his gloveman's honesty a stamp of approval. "Out on the field (Haddin) said he was certain the ball had flicked the top of the off stump. The umpire gave it out and the batsman walked off, and the next I heard of it was when I was asked about it at the end of play. "(Haddin) obviously didn't know, because if he knew then he wouldn't have claimed it. Whatever we're saying about Brad Haddin here, you can't say that knowingly happened, that is for sure." The incident will add another chapter to the stormy trans-Tasman cricketing rivalry, most notable for Chappell ordering his brother Trevor to bowl underarm in 1981, and wicketkeeper Dyer claiming a catch off batsman Andrew Jones in 1987 when replays showed the ball clearly rolled from his grasp.

Seriously if I ever meet Ponting, Im going to be really tempted to give him a back-hander, this guy is a royal idiot Good to see Vettori calling it like it is, Aussies keep complaining Indians whine about losing the series to cheating, its nice to see other teams/players are becoming aware of the Aussies cheating tactics

lol this Haddin seemed to be a decent feller, but PWNTings tutelage sure made shortwork of whatever little integrity he had. I couldn't stop laughing when this guy commented in the newspapers that he was a 'naturally aggressive guy' when he got PWNED like a paki by Zaheer :hysterical: The ASSIES are plummeting

Angry Ponting hits out at 'cheating' allegation Tim Clarke February 2, 2009 - 9:27AM Another cricketing controversy between Australian and New Zealand has exploded after Australian captain Ricky Ponting called on counterpart Daniel Vettori to back up his claims of "cheating" against wicketkeeper Brad Haddin. Some 28 years since Trevor Chappell's underarm sent relations between the two cricketing nations into freefall, another last ball contest - this time won by New Zealand by two wickets at the WACA Ground - was soured by controversy surrounding Neil Broom's dismissal by Michael Clarke. Given out bowled in the 36th over, replays quickly showed Haddin had clipped off the bails with his gloves rather than the ball - which Vettori said was "disappointing" given he believed the Australian gloveman "knew something (was) wrong" with the dismissal. "McCullum's one, those things happen in the game, you can't worry too much about that," Vettori said. "But I think you saw from Haddin's reaction that he knew something was wrong, so he probably should have made more noise about it. "I suppose (we are disappointed) because I thought that was the partnership that was going to win the game. So it put us under a bit more pressure, and I suppose we have got to make sure it does not happen again. "It was a nice way to finish, and moral victory or not, it was great to get the win." Ponting angrily hit back, saying if Vettori was calling Haddin a "cheat" he should have the evidence to back up such incendiary claims. (:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:; What good is evidence if you're going to be a paki and refute it at face value?) "We are not of that opinion - I have not seen any replays of it at all having just come off the ground," Ponting said. "Out on the field (Haddin) said he was certain that the ball had flicked the top of the off stump. The umpire gave it out, the batsman walked off and the next I heard about it the guys was asking me about it on the field after play. "I think he better make sure he is 100 per cent right before he comes out and makes those sort of statements. ( :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:) "He is basically claiming he is a cheat isn't he? - and I think that is a bit strong unless they are 100 per cent certain. (Checked the evidence, matey?) "If it does show anything that Brad is in the clear then we will certainly be letting Daniel know about it." (What will you do if Haddin is guilty? Nothing? Seems like typical Aussie modus operandi / protocol to me) Ponting said he was sure that if Haddin had thought he had hit the stumps with his gloves, he would have said something to team-mates or umpires at the time. (But the umpire was your good mate Bucknor. Surely, he wouldn't resist helping out the aussies, would he?) "He obviously didn't know because if he knew he would not have claimed (the wicket). Whatever we are saying about Brad Haddin here you can't say that knowingly happened - that is for sure," Ponting said. And Ponting said the allegations might need to be discussed between the two captains, with the teams due to clash again in Melbourne on Friday. "He (Vettori) has basically had a bit of a crack at Hads' make-up, so there might be some need for (a chat) at some stage," Ponting said. (I think you need a bit of a chat from the WACA police) The Broom decision was one of several controversial moments at Perth's home of cricket, with umpire Bruce Oxenford involved when Brendon McCullum was given out lbw despite a clear inside edge. (and you still f ****** lost after getting two decisions in your favor) David Hussey was also furious to be given out caught behind when he thought he had not hit the ball - and Shaun Marsh was even more devastated after a hamstring injury curtailed his international summer. While Australian doctors said the injury was not as bad as first thought, the WA star is likely to miss at least the next three games, with a scan in Melbourne on Tuesday to confirm his injury. "It did not look good when it happened. He has been one of the positives for us throughout this last one day series, and were looking forward to him gaining some more exposure," Ponting said. "We will keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best."