India too good these days

King

Can't believe they can do it this consistently. They just don't let the last game of a series to decide the winner. They close it well in advance and the last games end up being a lowly affair. It's fantastic to see that though. India beat Aussies 2 zip and didn't give Aussies a chance to crawl back in the CB series last year. India has close the series' against Pakistan, England and now Sri Lanka well in advance. Haven't seen a more dominating Indian ODI team ever. Each player seems to be good enough to take the game away from the opposition. The hammering Sehwag and Yuvi gave yesterday reminds of Gilly/Hayden and Tendulkar/Ganguly combination. Highly aggressive combination it is and they don't seem to defend anything at all. I feel sorry for Lankans to have had to bowl to this combination.

The hammering Sehwag and Yuvi gave yesterday reminds of Gilly/Hayden and Tendulkar/Ganguly combination. Highly aggressive combination it is and they don't seem to defend anything at all. I feel sorry for Lankans to have had to bowl to this combination.
True that, we lost 2 quick wickets, one Ghajini Silva heartbreak and another a freak dismissal heartbreak of Gambhir. But YS and VS played supreme, like Aussies (the dominant aussies, not the current one). Even though wickets fall, they dont care, and scoring at a very rapid pace. Wickets did not bother them one bit. Amazing mental strength - frankly, Viru's dont care and play freely rubs onto the other players these days.

You can beat both....the big things are for India to:- - Beat NZ away in tests- the conditions are more of a threat than opponents, they will show that they're number 2 if they do this. - Beat SA away in ODIs- last time was 4-0 defeat. If they can do this, then they're no.1 in ODIs. - Win away in SA and Aus in tests- then they will be the best in tests

other teams would do well to see how we utilized the batting powerplay.with yuvi and viru at thr crease we took it at the 17th over and scored 43 runs.ponting repeatedly delayed powerplays( even though he was set and playing very well ) till it was too late and that may have cost him a match or two.

You can beat both....the big things are for India to:- - Beat NZ away in tests- the conditions are more of a threat than opponents, they will show that they're number 2 if they do this. - Beat SA away in ODIs- last time was 4-0 defeat. If they can do this, then they're no.1 in ODIs. - Win away in SA and Aus in tests- then they will be the best in tests
You have listed some really big things. I hope we do all of this, but one step at a time. (reg Aus in Tests, if not for Bucknor and Benson, oh well - we already may have that)
Yep. For all the anti-Pakistani rhetoric...me and my parents were cheering India on v Aus. And we were devastated after the Sydney loss :(
When you say "for all the anti-pak rhetoric", you do realize you are a minority (in terms of cheering india) right? Most Pak will cheer for Aus during Ind-Aus match.

yep India seems to be really dominant for the past 1 year or so..except for the freak show by Mendis in the Asia cup final last year, they have dominated all the tournaments..ok i dont want to talk abt the kitply cup because its not of a significance at all..anyway as Sriram pointed out i am expecting more from this team and i ll not settle for anything less than a series victory against every opponent in every damn conditions..SA is the only team that can match us rite now but i feel we are superior to them as well..