Two Contasting sets of Images & Stats

Ram

Aug 2008; 93390.jpg 5 matches, 72 runs at an average of 14 and a SR of 67. Feb 2009; 98879.jpg 5 matches, 284 runs at an average of 57 and a SR of 98. Last year, there were a gazillion threads mocking Yuvraj, absolutely crucifying him. This year, there is not ONE praising him. Oh the hypocrisy of people.....

Amazing recovery and a tremendous achievement. This bodes really well for him. In the past 3 months, he has shown to be a devastating ODI player as well as someone who can consolidate if the situation needs him to, and has shown a LOT of improvement as a test player (i.e. knocks at Chennai & Mohali vs. England). I hope that this purple patch continues through for him so that he can establish himself at #6 in our test team. Also blue_brigade had called for this before the series started, he said that Yuvraj would average > 35.

Good thread, MM. I was actually a bit surprised that no one has actually started a thread yet congratulating him. This is the sixth time he has won the player of the series award (at least 5 of them came within last 3 years?) Though stats for Dhoni looks more impressive but I'd put yuvraj (for his sheer ability to produce match winning knocks) easily as the second best ODI batsman India has ever produced. Move aside Dada :winky:

Tremendous achievement for Yuvraj to return the same place, where he was embarrassed totally less than 6 months ago and then be MoS this time around. This is a HUGE step in the development of Yuvraj as a solid middle order batsman for Indian in tests. A successful Yuvraj Singh at no.6 is probably the third best thing to have happened to our test team in the last 7-8 years, after Sehwag and Ishant. His game is ideally suited for that spot. The upcoming series in NZ will be another litmus test for his skills. If he passes that too, it will be a great for Indian cricket in general.

one of his best series ever..i am absolutely thrilled by the way he handled the spinners..although he din face much of Mendis, he looked really assured this time and knew wat he was doing..this is a great step forward in Yuvi's career and it might well be the career defining series with respect to tests i mean..

I was wrong sometime back when I had thought that UV is not one who would work on his weaknesses hard enough. He has worked, taken advice from the right people and converted his weakness into his strength. Not everyone can do that.....even with Sachin's advice. It needs a lot of determination to do that. UV has shown that he is doing all that is needed to be a great test player. He is taking control of his temperament and is working hard on his weaknesses. Yes, I suppose we have found the replacement for dada.

Tremendous achievement for Yuvraj to return the same place, where he was embarrassed totally less than 6 months ago and then be MoS this time around. This is a HUGE step in the development of Yuvraj as a solid middle order batsman for Indian in tests. A successful Yuvraj Singh at no.6 is probably the third best thing to have happened to our test team in the last 7-8 years, after Sehwag and Ishant. His game is ideally suited for that spot. The upcoming series in NZ will be another litmus test for his skills. If he passes that too, it will be a great for Indian cricket in general.
well marris u know what i am gonna say it again majority of people here hate yuvi and dont miss a chance to rubbish him. i know rajeev the site owner gonna come and say the same thing , its not like that bobby. in the end i am just loving it i know lots of them would be praying for him to fail
Good thread' date=' MM. I was actually a bit surprised that no one has actually started a thread yet congratulating him. This is the sixth time he has won the player of the series award (at least 5 of them came within last 3 years?) Though stats for Dhoni looks more impressive but I'd put yuvraj (for his sheer ability to produce match winning knocks) easily as the second best ODI batsman India has ever produced. Move aside Dada :winky:[/quote'] cuz dhoni tuk tuk in the end and improve his avg by remaining not out. yuvi is the best , PERIOD.
It's been an amazing turnaround from him.....I had not given him any chance to overcome Mendis' date='[/size'] but he played superbly. Another good series in the NZ tests and we would have found a good replacement for Ganguly.
.. also predicted Fab Four to thrash Mendis in the test series last year :tounge_smile:
well marris u know what i am gonna say it again majority of people here hate yuvi and dont miss a chance to rubbish him. i know rajeev the site owner gonna come and say the same thing , its not like that bobby. in the end i am just loving it i know lots of them would be praying for him to fail
cuz dhoni tuk tuk in the end and improve his avg by remaining not out. yuvi is the best , PERIOD.
Oh the Irony!!
I dont have a clue what you talking abt? I dont know a single soul who would want yuvi to fail ? its really sad to see the regionalism here - punjabi player gets smoked at then the bhangra crew comes running, there south Indian is *****ed that then there is hue and crew? Then you have delhi mafia and tendulkar clan kya re bhai - game aur hook shots enjoy karne de - meanwhile, some of us enjoy this http://cricketvideosplugged.blogspot.com/2007/11/yuvraj-dhoni-partnerships-vs-pakistan.html
I dont have a clue what you talking abt? I dont know a single soul who would want yuvi to fail ? its really sad to see the regionalism here - punjabi player gets smoked at then the bhangra crew comes running, there south Indian is *****ed that then there is hue and crew? Then you have delhi mafia and tendulkar clan kya re bhai - game aur hook shots enjoy karne de - meanwhile, some of us enjoy this http://cricketvideosplugged.blogspot.com/2007/11/yuvraj-dhoni-partnerships-vs-pakistan.html
Respek. :yay: