No T20 for me, will not disturb settled team: Sachin

Feed

True' date=' absolutely true that they choose their words when speaking. But its not their fault, its the board's. Anything they say which does not please them, or targets at their policies or whatever is met by a warning. Remebber sehwag, when he said that ganguly is still missed, he got a warning, This forces our senior players to keep quiet, atleast in the media. It is sad, but that's how it is.[/quote'] But, you really think BCCI will dare to issue warning or ban to folks like SRT, Dravid, Kumble because they said something to media? Even if they warned, you can rest assured its just posturing from BCCI, and they won't follow through on it. It is certainly the right of the individuals how they'd like to address the media. But if SRT talks out against lack of warmup matches, or need for better referral systems, then you can bet that media will create enough noise, and there will be some sort of look into the matter by BCCI and ICC. But, when you say "I did not particularly like the Umpires Referral system. There is still an element of uncertainty in the system," - is the Bucknor and Benson system and Gamini Silva and Dharmasena system to dish out biased decisions better!?

Manjrekar:

But what could be a big problem for the India, according to Manjrekar is that there are no practice games scheduled before the Tests. SM: I think this is more scary than not having a genuine reserve middle-order batsman. It's something I have talked about earlier when I saw the itinerary. It's a full cricket tour lasting almost two months and to not have a side game, for someone like me who played in the 1980s and 90s, is something I find absolutely shocking. But what was also interesting to see was when I discussed this with Virender Sehwag, he said, 'It's good. Why waste time playing warm-up games, when we can have nets or rest?' So Sehwag doesn't miss it at all, but I am sure that people like Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid and VVS Laxman would have not minded a warm-up game before the Tests. But the fact also remains that none of these three senior players - from what we have seen - have approached the BCCI, or have said they want a practice game. We have to assume that they are happy with the itinerary so good luck to them.
But the fact also remains that none of these three senior players - from what we have seen - have approached the BCCI, or have said they want a practice game. We have to assume that they are happy with the itinerary so good luck to them.
Who are the 'we' here and how can that 'we' be certain that that these three players have not met or talked on phone to BCCI officials? And what has this 'we' seen? Is this 'we' the media reports?
Btw, if Sachin does not want to 'disturb a settled T20 team', whats his take on the ODI team? That too is quite settled. Sehwag and Gambhir have been murderous last year Some interesting times ahead.
Stupid thing to say. Sachin has been equally murderous too. Also, Gambhir has been equally murderous at no 3. The fatc witht this team is that it does not have one individual standing out but everyone contributes and has his part to play. We wouldnt have won the CB series without him. We lost the Asia cup final without him
I think Sachin should bat no.3 in ODIs.
Fact 1 -Sachin at no 3 will be a burden for the team as he cannot clear the boundaries as frequentlly as he used to and the scoring rate will be affected. However he is still as good as Gambhir in the power play overs Fact 2- Gambhir's form has not been affected by coming at No3 while Sahcin's has/ So whats better for the team?