What a catch!

Catch of the century? Nonsense.. JP Duminy's catch during the T20 match against Australia, is by far, the best catch ever in the history of videotaped cricket. Nothing can match that match in terms of the sheer athleticism, hand-eye-body co-ordination, sprint-speed. The thing that about great catches is, its difficulty should be judged on the what the probability would be, of other fielders pulling the catch of under the same circumstances. Now, for Adam's catch and ICL's catch above, the most fielders may or may not have caught it. They may got a hand to it, or caught it and gone over the rope and may have timed their jumps better and caught it really cleanly in the first place. But for Duminy's catch, we can almost bet a $1000 that 95/100 fielders in world cricket at the moment would have not even attempted to catch it. Thats how impossible it was. The rest of the 5 fielders may have attempted to catch it, but would have certainly given up after a few paces. The terms 'Catch of the century'..'Catch of the millennium' does get bandied about too often too loosely.

Catch of the century? Nonsense.. JP Duminy's catch during the T20 match against Australia, is by far, the best catch ever in the history of videotaped cricket. Nothing can match that match in terms of the sheer athleticism, hand-eye-body co-ordination, sprint-speed. The thing that about great catches is, its difficulty should be judged on the what the probability would be, of other fielders pulling the catch of under the same circumstances. Now, for Adam's catch and ICL's catch above, the most fielders may or may not have caught it. They may got a hand to it, or caught it and gone over the rope and may have timed their jumps better and caught it really cleanly in the first place. But for Duminy's catch, we can almost bet a $1000 that 95/100 fielders in world cricket at the moment would have not even attempted to catch it. Thats how impossible it was. The rest of the 5 fielders may have attempted to catch it, but would have certainly given up after a few paces. The terms 'Catch of the century'..'Catch of the millennium' does get bandied about too often too loosely.
I agree, thats my favourite catch But Collingwood at point when he caught Hayden was special and Sinclair on the boundary vs Aus
if u r discussing about the catch by Justin Kemp, south african allrounder, who caught Mohammed Sami, running in at top speed along the boundary, produced an unvelievable twisting jump, caught the ball almost after it passed him, landed miraculously close to the ropes and barely avoided rubbing the rope? yes, that will rank in the top5 catches and a contender for the best. this one, can some one post the video plz?
nope it was some indian kid
wow.......never saw Duminy's catch before. I agree, definitely better than those two catches. Thats some crazy sprint he did there.:omg:
NAq8HLGNSlA This is what SPORT is all about. Listen to the commentators going orgasmic, even I was splooging away at the brilliance of this catch. Posted a longer video, check the crowd reaction :D MAGIC!
Australian commentators would do that about any Aussie player doesn't make it that special

none of these are catch of the century... running backward and catching has been done in the past in numerous occassions... and for other two ''caught in 2nd attampt'' are not catches of the century.. it could be extra-ordinary athletism, presence of mind etc. etc.. i would rate SRT's catch one handed catch on boundary off of Inzy higher than these two.. he caught it on first attempt despite of almost running over boundry..

none of these are catch of the century... running backward and catching has been done in the past in numerous occassions... and for other two ''caught in 2nd attampt'' are not catches of the century.. it could be extra-ordinary athletism, presence of mind etc. etc.. i would rate SRT's catch one handed catch on boundary off of Inzy higher than these two.. he caught it on first attempt despite of almost running over boundry..
LfeIYy0eLfA epic catch! :two_thumbs_up:

Outfield catches look spectacular, but the one that I remember so vividly is that of Dwayne Bravo's caught and bowled off Shane Warne, that too in a test match. What makes that catch look so brilliant is the build up to it. There were two close LBW appeals in the same over, one looked plumb and the other could have been easily 'Bucknor'ed' if the appeal was a bit more vociferous but Billy Bowden overturned both. Then Bravo came up with that brilliant catch.

It was a terrific sporting moment' date=' bias or no bias :yay:[/quote'] Yes Indeed. These aussie commentators need to at least browse youtube videos of different catches. "I have never seen anything like it in mah life" - Of course you haven't, you lazzy sob. If you could have made an effort, you would have seen. This one by Justin Kemp [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDg323eSdPM]YouTube - Great Catch by Justin Kemp![/ame] OR [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DA3nD-Drmk]YouTube - Harbhajan singh Great catch India vs England Super 8[/ame] OR [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTSF_yNPXTk]YouTube - Super catch[/ame] OR the best one, IMO, - by Sathish - as mentioned by Bobby. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AodIbJPPdtk]YouTube - Awesome CATCH in ICL - Catch of the YeaR - 2008 - Must Wach[/ame]

lol nandya good videos there mate..the aussie commentators are dick heads..their team has gone to such low levels that they now start to hype everything even a good catch like this one..i am tired of those suckers..seriously..this was a very good catch no doubt abt it but that **** who said "I havent seen anything like this before" shdnt even be in the commentary box if he had not seen catches like these in his cricketing career..