Stiff Kiwi test awaits Dhoni : It's gonna be a dogfight

bunny

NZ has all of a sudden got a bunch of newcomers (Mcintosh, Flynn, Guptill, Eliott, O Brien and Broom) who have taken a liking to international cricket like fish to water. If they can get Oram (and Bond :) back in the squad, it might turn out to be really really difficult for us. I have a feeling that all our out of form players will get dropped after this tour.

NZ has all of a sudden got a bunch of newcomers (Mcintosh, Flynn, Guptill, Eliott, O Brien and Broom) who have taken a liking to international cricket like fish to water
That’s a gross exaggeration. Guptill definitely looks a class apart but others are yet to prove their worth.
the tour gonna seperate men from the boys.players like gambhir' date=raina yusuf, have become stars by performing on subcontinent pitches,now will be their real test.
what r u smoking??? last time i checked, australia was not a part of the sub-continent and gambhir was the highest run-getter in the cb series last year

Raina really needs to prove himself- he has been the "upcoming" talent for a while now and always ends up failing overseas (by overseas I mean outside subcontinent). Considering the size of the grounds @ NZ I hoipe Yusuf Pathan is a big success and tornments the bowlers like Mike Greatbatch used to do.

Raina really needs to prove himself- he has been the "upcoming" talent for a while now and always ends up failing overseas (by overseas I mean outside subcontinent). Considering the size of the grounds @ NZ I hoipe Yusuf Pathan is a big success and tornments the bowlers like Mike Greatbatch used to do.
yes it pretty clear how the kiwis will bowl to raina-all short pitched stuff along with a few bouncers.lets see if he can cope well.
yes it pretty clear how the kiwis will bowl to raina-all short pitched stuff along with a few bouncers.lets see if he can cope well.
He apparently worked on facing short-pitched stuff. But will surely get tested in NZ. Ofcourse Tests are where the real chin music will come(and he is not part of that squad), but in ODIs still once in a while he'll get it.
He apparently worked on facing short-pitched stuff. But will surely get tested in NZ. Ofcourse Tests are where the real chin music will come(and he is not part of that squad), but in ODIs still once in a while he'll get it.
not sure his work is going anywhere.he looks really uncomfortable facing short stuff,that too on subcontinent pitches,wonder what he will do in NZ:nervous:

He'll do well.No worries,hes a very good player of the back foot. I still remember the IPL semi-final when he hooked the ball out of the Wankhade stadium..the first time that happened in over 10 years according to Sunny and Ravi. He also played a brilliant hook shot the other day off Dilhara Fernando in the 20-20.So its hardly like he is Ganguly or something:giggle:.Yes he looks uncomfortable sometimes but nothing to be majorly concerned about as you guys are suggesting. And as far as him playing outside the sub-continent..well lets wait until hes played enough before passing uneducated comments.He has played 5 innings outside sub-continent over 2 different series..has got starts on 2 occasions(26 and 27).And don't forget these were series when our entire batting unit failed miserably.

He'll do well.No worries,hes a very good player of the back foot. I still remember the IPL semi-final when he hooked the ball out of the Wankhade stadium..the first time that happened in over 10 years according to Sunny and Ravi. He also played a brilliant hook shot the other day off Dilhara Fernando in the 20-20.So its hardly like he is Ganguly or something:giggle:.Yes he looks uncomfortable sometimes but nothing to be majorly concerned about as you guys are suggesting. And as far as him playing outside the sub-continent..well lets wait until hes played enough before passing uneducated comments.
What r u talking about are two t20 games.there he has to go for everything n if lucky gets four or six.otherwise he struggles a lot.its not only that it causes him problems technically,but it mentally unsettles him.2-3 balls after the short ball ,he looks uncomfortable n plays bad shots.but still hope he sorts it out,age is on his side