Black Caps bestow 'No1' world ranking on India

Feed

In a young and inexperienced batting line-up, Taylor, with his aggressive and fluent hitting is well suited to take on the speed and guile of Zaheer Khan and Ishant Sharma. More... 'Ready for India' Gautam Sheth Sunday, February 22, 2009 3:09 IST Mumbai: With only 58 ODIs and 15 Tests to his name, Luteru Ross Poutoa Lote Taylor is the fresh-looking New Zealand squad's best hope. In a young and inexperienced batting line-up, Taylor, with his aggressive and fluent hitting is well suited to take on the speed and guile of Zaheer Khan and Ishant Sharma. The 25-year old Black Cap would lock horns with Team India for the first time in his career and is approaching it as one of his biggest challenges. "Not only the fast bowlers, even Harbhajan Singh, with all his experience, can make all the difference... It's a champion side we are taking on," Taylor told DNA on Saturday. He admitted that after facing Nathan Bracken and Mitchell Johnson in the recently concluded tour of Australia, it would be a little easier for him to tackle Zaheer and Irfan Pathan. "The team has such great players in all departments, it would be an exciting clash, more so as it comes on the heels of an exciting Australian tour," said Taylor. Taylor, who is from Samoan heritage, has had a good run in the shorter version scoring 576 runs in his last 10 games. "I like the shorter versions... They are exciting, but proving my mettle in Test matches will be the ultimate thing," confessed the right-hander. The Wellington-born batsman said that lack of Test match experience is a matter of concern for him and his inexperienced side. Acknowledging that New Zealand are undergoing a rebuilding process under the leadership of Daniel Vettori, Taylor said that he is ready to don the senior-most batsman's role. "We don't have big stars in the team but Danny (Daniel Vettori), Brendon McCullum and Jacob Oram bring enough flair and experience in the side," explained Taylor. Taylor played hockey in his school days and credits his superb hand-eye coordination to that sport. "I came to cricket due to my father and seeing Sachin Tendulkar play... They are my vivid memories", remembered Taylor. He is more excited with the touring Indians as he will get a chance to play against his childhood hero. His connection to India, though, is not restricted to Tendulkar. He loves chicken tikka masala and pomfret fish prepared in India. "During my stint with Bangalore Royal Challengers in the Indian Premier League, I enjoyed the food and hospitality. I'm eagerly awaiting the second season," said Taylor. A self-confessed slog-sweep lover, Taylor in his free time loves to spend time with family and watch movies. "I am not into PlayStation or Xbox... I don't own an iPhone either... You can call me a man of simple tastes," he said. He dreams of taking his girlfriend on a vacation to Italy.

The 25-year old Black Cap would lock horns with Team India for the first time in his career and is approaching it as one of his biggest challenges. "Not only the fast bowlers, even Harbhajan Singh, with all his experience, can make all the difference... It's a champion side we are taking on," Taylor told DNA on Saturday.
:two_thumbs_up:

New Zealand cricket team is looking forward to playing the Indians, that will do them a world of good. If you start thinking it will be hard to compete then you have no chance against good teams. An Indian cricket tour in NZ bring so much excitement, the radio and TV has been buzzing with news about the Indians on a daily basis. The series has been hyped hugely here and here's hoping it will live up to it. It was being reported on radio yesterday that this is even huge the Super 14s this year both in terms of popularity and money.

New Zealand cricket team is looking forward to playing the Indians' date=' that will do them a world of good. If you start thinking it will be hard to compete then you have no chance against good teams. An Indian cricket tour in NZ bring so much excitement, the radio and TV has been buzzing with news about the Indians on a daily basis. The series has been hyped hugely here and here's hoping it will live up to it. It was being reported on radio yesterday that this is even huge the Super 14s this year both in terms of popularity and money.[/quote'] yes and it's good that the ground wil be seen almost full since Lot of Indians would be going to watch the game. Last year i remember, there were more Barmy Army fans then the NZ crowd in lot of venues when Eng went to NZ. I hope this time it's the other way around and we see lot of kiwi people turning up.

Black Caps bestow 'No1' world ranking on India Black Caps coach Andy Moles said India's recent form shows it deserves the top Twenty20 ranking. More... Black Caps bestow 'No1' world ranking on India 7:13PM Tuesday Feb 24, 2009 New Zealand bestowed an honorary No.1 world ranking on India ahead of their meeting on Wednesday in the first of two Twenty20 cricket internationals. Black Caps coach Andy Moles said vast experience should give India the confidence to overcame its reputation as a team that performs poorly away from home, on a tour that also includes three tests and five limited-overs internationals. While Australia and South Africa and are officially ranked Nos. 1 and 2 in world cricket, Moles said India's recent form showed they deserved top ranking. "They have very experienced players and are coached really well," Moles said. "They come (to New Zealand) at a time when it'll be a good test for us. "We can't wait for the series to start because we need to see areas where we need to improve and where we are doing very well. "The Indians, I believe, are probably the No. 1 side in the world at the moment in all facets and we will need to make sure we are at our best in all components of our game." India hasn't won a test series in New Zealand in 41 years and was soundly beaten in two tests when it lasted visited. Cool conditions and seaming wickets have often tested Indian teams but Moles said the current squad had experience to overcome an unfamiliar environment. "The Indians probably haven't toured very well in the past but they have put that to bed in the last couple of years and did really well in Australia last year," he said. India's acclimatisation has been hampered by poor weather in Christchurch, where the first Twenty20 international will be played. The tourists were unable to practice outdoors Tuesday at the match venue because of rain.

Mind games. They are putting pressure on us. Not gonna work. India opens with Sehwag.....who has no idea what pressure could mean. Dravid has built a career out of playing under pressure. Tendulkar handles more pressure each day than any other cricketer does in a career. So stop this BS.