Sage advice from former Kiwi players

cowboysfan

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10557876 Adam Parore: All's fair in love and war - so let the sprinklers run 4:00AM Saturday Feb 21, 2009 By Adam Parore India have a dreadful record in New Zealand, which is hard to reconcile with the quality of the players they bring here. They open their tour next week with a couple of Twenty20 games, and it will be an eagerly anticipated contest. India and South Africa are the heavyweights of world cricket right now, but the past records suggest the Indians could find it tough over here. They have been ambushed to a degree on previous tours, however, playing late in the year when our pitches are still green and batting much more difficult. I won't say we doctored the conditions, but we have certainly ensured that they were in our favour. And hey, all is fair in love and war, and of course the reverse applies when we tour India. Unlike previous visits however, the conditions have dried out more at this time of year and batting is easier which will suit the Indians. There are a couple of choices here. We can either turn this tour into an Indian batting display for the rest of the world to savour, or else we can ensure the conditions suit our side. For my money, the sprinklers should be on already, and I'm sure they are. --------------------------------- i say bring it on.we got the bowlers and our batsmen are more than adequate and dont depend on one player to win the match.we might have low scoring games again but we will more likely prevail this time.

Lessee. Last time, we had Srinath, a really raw, inexperienced Zaheer and an even rawer and less consistent Nehra. They had Bond nearing a peak, Tuffey bowling at his best and Oram being an outstanding support act. This time... hmm. Zaheer, at the top of his game. Ishant, fresh off dominating a whole bunch of Aussies. Munaf, a far better backup seamer than most people we've had. And MS Dhoni, valuable reverse swinger at 135 kmh. Parore's advice could mean a few routs from the Indian bowlers.

NZ's entire batting lineup will find it impossible if the wickets are green so dont u worry :winky:
there is also this small question of our bowlers utilizing the condition to get wickets. though i dont doubt their ability , it takes time to get the control. Remember banana swing helps only when you get a nick, no points for beating the batsman.
there is also this small question of our bowlers utilizing the condition to get wickets. though i dont doubt their ability ' date=' it takes time to get the control. Remember banana swing helps only when you get a nick, no points for beating the batsman.[/quote'] that is true..but as Salil has mentioned Zak has really matured now and he is looking a complete bowler..Ishant is getting better and better with each test match and Munaf is really good as well in these conditions..so im very confident that we have the bowling firepower