Younus closes in on Lara record

Rajiv

I dont like this guy only for the reason tht we r his punching bags.. he averages around 80 against us... a true flat rack bully along with jayawardene... no wonder they both have double 100s in this match.... but i want this guy to score even a triple here jus to take the p!ss out of lundis n chuckli.... nice to see these two give away a century each.... im loving this... i want lundis average to go up 5 points at the end of this series...

Younus closes in on Lara record Younus Khan eyes Brian Lara's Test record score of 400 after hitting 306 not out in the first Test against Sri Lanka. More... Younus closes in on Lara record First Test, Karachi (day four, close): Sri Lanka 644-7 v Pakistan 574-5 Younus becomes only the 20th batsman to score a triple Test century Younus Khan has Brian Lara's Test record score in sight after finishing day four of Pakistan's first Test against Sri Lanka on 306 not out. With the match destined for a draw, Younus is certain to start day five with Lara's 400 in sight on a batsman-friendly wicket in Karachi. Pakistan finished on 574-5 after safely passing the follow-on mark of 444. Younus received support from Misbah-ul-Haq (52) and Faisal Iqbal (57) as Sri Lanka toiled on a flat pitch. The captain became only the third Pakistani to score a triple Test century and the 20th batsman to surpass the 300-mark. Hanif Mohammad's 337, set in 1958 against the West Indies in Barbados, remains the highest score by a Pakistani, eight runs ahead of Inzamam-ul-Haq's 329 against New Zealand in 2002. HIGHEST INDIVIDUAL TEST INNINGS SCORES 400: Brian Lara (WI) 380: Matthew Hayden (Aus) 375: Brian Lara 365: Garfield Sobers (WI) 364: Len Hutton (Eng) 336: Wally Hammond (Eng) Younus' mammoth innings has so far taken 12 hours and 11 minutes, 545 deliveries and featured 27 boundaries and four sixes with attractive strokeplay on both sides of the wicket. He brought up his triple ton with a reverse-sweep off Muttiah Muralitharan for three runs in the final session. The innings also enabled Younus to became the sixth Pakistani to reach 5000 runs in Test cricket in his 59th match. And with little to play for on the final day, the 31-year-old - playing his first match since taking over as captain from Shoaib Malik - will aim to become only the second batsman in history to score 400 runs in a Test match. Lara set his record 400 not out score in 2004 against England in Antigua. 606: DEBATE Flat pitch or not, to score a triple century takes some doing - I hope he gets the world record The match was also the first time Test history that both captains have scored more than 200 in a single match. Sri Lanka skipper Mahela Jayawardene, who hit 240, and Thilan Samaraweera broke a 52-year-old record at the National Stadium on Sunday, surpassing English duo Peter May and Colin Cowdrey for the highest Test fourth-wicket partnership with a stand of 437. Younus contributed in a 174-run stand with Misbah, who was the first of the day's two wickets when he was trapped lbw by Dilhara Fernando. Faisal put on a 130-run stand alongside his captain before he adjudged leg before to the occasional medium pace of captain Jayawardene. Pakistan wicketkeeper Kamran Akmal was 27 not out at the close.

You guyz were all over him when he said MSD is lucky,but now
Not me....I wasn't all over Younis at all. MSD is lucky, by the way...so that is true...and that is a good thing. But you make your own luck. But he is not just lucky only. He is much more. And Younis is a good sport. There is a genuineness about him that I do not see in the other Pakis.
Not me....I wasn't all over Younis at all. MSD is lucky, by the way...so that is true...and that is a good thing. But you make your own luck. But he is not just lucky only. He is much more. And Younis is a good sport. There is a genuineness about him that I do not see in the other Pakis too.
I was generic maybe i sud have written some ppl instead of you guyz(I shall edit it)...Anyways but a good sport wudn complain abt other players being lucky, IPL money, etc.
Anyways but a good sport wudn complain abt other players being lucky, IPL money, etc.
Well, what I have seen of him, he has always been sporting. Don't know how to take those comments...have not read them, but it may matter if he said it in English or Urdu...from what I remember, his English is not great. Context may have a bearing too....dunno...post the article for discussion if you wish...

I remember Javed Miandad saying anyone wud have scored 400 runs on that dead rubber in Antigua. It will be interesting to see wat he comes up with if at all Younis goes on to break the record. I seriously hope he doesnt break it though:pray:, it is one of the few records that rests with the Prince.