Younus closes in on Lara record

Rajiv

Nah...I like Younis...he's a good sport and plays in a good spirit too. And he is a dogged bat...not the most elegant you have ever seen...but a player for tough situations. Seems to pull Pak's bacon out of the fire everytime.
Very true, my favourite player from Pakistan, he's a great sport, always seems to be enjoying himself on the field
I remember Javed Miandad saying anyone wud have scored 400 runs on that dead rubber in Antigua. It will be interesting to see wat he comes up with if at all Younis goes on to break the record.
Now he will say that only a Paki can pass 400 and maybe a few of his up and coming Chinese team.
I seriously hope he doesnt break it though, it is one of the few records that rests with the Prince.
Yeah...I got mixed emotions about this one too because Lara was such a great batsman...but records are meant to be broken and I like to see them broken...I like the envelope of achievement to be pushed...

Thing is I am yet to see a triple hundred being scored on a pitch which wasn't a flat patta and even so there have been only 20 odd instances in the history of cricket, so it's a great achievement regardless. 300-400 is another big journey though and it might look like just another 100 runs, it's a whole century that the batsman has to score, so if he does get there it will be a top notch achievement.

the only player who deserves a 400 in tests, even 500 is VIRENDER SEHWAG. he is the only player who bats 100% selflessly & 0% of selfish approach in his batting. and sehwag wont take more than 450 balls to get 400 & will get there in only 4-5 sessions

the only player who deserves a 400 in tests' date=' even 500 is [b']VIRENDER SEHWAG. he is the only player who bats 100% selflessly & 0% of selfish approach in his batting. and sehwag wont take more than 450 balls to get 400 & will get there in only 4-5 sessions
612702-1~Miss-Richfield-Oh-My-Gawd-Posters.jpg
Yeah...I got mixed emotions about this one too because Lara was such a great batsman...but records are meant to be broken and I like to see them broken...I like the envelope of achievement to be pushed...
I dont mind a batsman of Lara's class breaking the record but Younis, NO. I agree he is a good batsman but the Prince deserves the record to stay on for a while. He has given a lot more to the world of cricket than most of the players.
I dont mind a batsman of Lara's class breaking the record but Younis' date=' NO. I agree he is a good batsman but the Prince deserves the record to stay on for a while. He has given a lot more to the world of cricket than most of the players.[/quote'] I guess we are reading too much into this, its just a record and doesnt in any way undermines Lara's contribution to the game, even if Younis gets it, he deserves it as much as Lara did !
i dont care whether he gets 400 or not.. but im happy tht he whooped lundis n chuckli ****.. made my day... wish i cud see their sorry face and laugh abt it.. im now hating our middle order wussies who made this lundis look like a dangerous bowler..
Flat Pitches, i would like to see a Reverse fixture between these two, i think we can expect some BAWing there !!!
the only player who deserves a 400 in tests' date=' even 500 is [b']VIRENDER SEHWAG. he is the only player who bats 100% selflessly & 0% of selfish approach in his batting. and sehwag wont take more than 450 balls to get 400 & will get there in only 4-5 sessions
You know all those "rash" shots he gets out on? That's the opposite of being selfless.