3 things u h4te in modern day cricket

Don Sharma

For me,

• Pitches around the world needs to be improved a lot. The game wud b better off with equi-competition b/w bat and ball
  • I would like to see spinners operating as wicket taking bowlers instead of containing the run flow. Again this depends on the pitch, I guess if pitches are gud, captians will take more risks when the spinners are on

• Finally, sledging. You can call an Aussie a SOB and go scot free but u cant call him a monkai and it is vice-versa in India.

I hate the low number of teams playing quality test cricket. NZ' date='WI,BD fail to win most matches at home and suck ass away. ZIM is not playing tests anymore. With better management, ICC should have been able to get about 10-12 test teams by now, but we have 6.[/quote'] if icc had cared about test cricket, kenya & ireland should have been given test status. there have been long debates about kenya & ireland test status in 2003 & 2007 respectively. and also, bangladesh would have improved by now. and nz & wi would have also improved. nz were weakened mainly due to the icl with mcmillan & bond not being allowed to play for nz. with mcmillan & bond returning, nz will improve. and wi have shown signs of improvement in this series, but they have always seemed to be a 1-man team for the last 10 years. earlier it was lara, not its chanderpaul. and zim is a different case as they were weakened by the politics in their country otherwise in the period 1998-2003 they used to be a good team, almost as good as nz & wi these days

and i hate - 1. 20/20 cricket - its not even cricket at all & just a murder of cricket. test & odi cricket r the real cricket 2. quota-system in team selection - players like rohit sharma being selected ahead of more deserving players just due to the quota system 3. super-flat pitches - with tests ending in boring draws, it takes away all the excitement off test cricket, the recent pak-sl test says it all. the pitches need to improved in tests so that we can get results in 4-4.5 days

I dont agrre with ur comment that Vettori doesn deserver to be no.1 btw it is news to me that both Dan and Kulas are 1 & 2 in the rankings
the fact that it is news to you shows that he shouldnt be no. 1!! In the last decade if someone told you that mcgrath was no.1 bowler you wouldnt be surprised. The game is becoming more and more a batsman's game and ive lost the interest that i used to have even two years back. And I hate 20/20!!!
1. Umpires are given good decent shirt to wear 2. Umpires are given good decent trousers to wear 3. Umpires are given good decent hat to wear -- packholes shouldn't be given anything and should stand in the chilly weather with their mom made Kambal/Rajai/bedding
Kya tics umpire ke peeche pada hai , they are having a tough jobs anywayz, unless u r being specific and referring to a lanky West Indian or some stouties from Lanka :--D