Dhoni should be dropped from T20 side

Gambit

STFU and stop watching cricket. You do realize that the cricket WC is this year. You want to drop him and create chaos in the side ? Esp since we are on the way up in the other 2 formats! Its just 2 godamn games and he played much better than Gambhir and Y Pathan today.
Unless he starts to blast the ball and play in true T20 mode, he doesn't deserve a place in the side as a batsman. Plain and simple. Just because he's captain doesn't mean he should be an automatic pick. Now defend this. 6 off 10 balls. 9 off 5 balls. 9 off 27 balls. :cantstop: 13 off 17 balls. 2 off 6 balls. 28 off 30 balls. That is Dhoni is his last 6 T20s. Let's see you excuse that performance.

He's a great captain and all but his batting in T20s is pathetic. Just because he's captain doesn't mean he should get a spot, automatically. He has to earn that place through his batting or bowling. An average of 20 with a SR of 105 is not even mediocre. It's plain poor.
Did you see the 1st game, we lost so many wickets up front, we weren't able to go all out towards the end Today we had lost quite a few wickets too, he must have wanted to keep wickets in hand, his hitting towards the end wasn't great, but you want him dropped coz of that?

BUT SERIOUSLY' date=' Sehwag is the daddy of all hitters..[/quote'] MSD is not good enough to shake the dust off Sehwag's boots. Sehwag is all together in a different plane as far as clean striking goes. Only because of Sehwag I still enjoy matches on flat tracks.

Did you see the 1st game, we lost so many wickets up front, we weren't able to go all out towards the end Today we had lost quite a few wickets too, he must have wanted to keep wickets in hand, his hitting towards the end wasn't great, but you want him dropped coz of that?
Did you see Raina's batting in the last game? That is how Dhoni should bat. If we want Tuk tuk cricket, we might as well bring back Dravid,Laxman,Ganguly and Tendulkar.

Did you see Raina's batting in the last game? That is how Dhoni should bat. If we want Tuk tuk cricket' date=' we might as well bring back Dravid,Laxman,Ganguly and Tendulkar.[/quote'] Maybe, but MS has done more than enough to earn his spot. We have many hitters in our team Sehwag - Hitter Gambhir - Hitter Raina - Hitter Yuvraj - Hitter Yusuf - Hitter They failed to do their job, so don't blame Dhoni because we lost, the side doesn't need to be all hitters Yeh Dhoni's hitting hasn't been up to par, but he can still knock it around if others can do the hitting

Gambit - for a brief second' date=' i will keep my sanity aside and [b']entertain your thought that Dhoni's batting is below par What about his Keeping and captaincy skills? Do you have a better keeper batsman in mind? and who will be the skipper? Yuvraj?
If you think I'm being insane, fair enough. I know I'm making statements of heretical proportions but I see no reason why someone with these performances deserves a place in the side - 6 off 10 balls. 9 off 5 balls. 9 off 27 balls. 13 off 17 balls. 2 off 6 balls. 28 off 30 balls. Dada went through such a phase when he was captain and he was dropped. You don't just pick a cricketer because he's a great thinker/captain. He is picked if he can do justice to one cricketing discipline(bowling or batting). The rest comes later. And regarding your captaincy question, Sehwag.

All right, we lost, but hush up (i.e. sssshhhhhhhh) as we are still the world champs I feel a sense of deja vu. In the t20 prior to the start of the CB series, we played poorly. During the ODI's, we got acclimatized to the pitch conditions, the weather etc to win the matches that really mattered - the finals! How many games did we lose in that series before finally coming good? Nobody expected us to steam roll the Kiwis. We were quietly optimistic that given our batting / bowling strength and the momentum we've been carrying, we should be able to wrap up the ODI and test series in our favor A few t20 losses? A chance to win the tests? the ODI's? bah, lets not just push the emergency button just yet