the difference

diegovegaz

this thread is not meant for criticising the indian team and i would have started this thread even if india had won today's game my only purpose is to bring out the differences in the present T20 team and the team which won the world cup our performance in T20s has dropped drastically since then the present team hasn't learnt from its mistakes is relying more on boundaries, the earlier lot concentrated heavily on running the current team is slogging around, instead of good cricket shots gambhir, who played sensibly then, seems to be throwing his bat at everything the inclusion of raina, is surely a plus the absence of robin uthappa, though, is seriously hurting the team his direct hits are being missed as well (we have been missing out on direct hits since) zaheer and ishant are not ideal for T20s, they give too much width and the batsmen are obliging i would rather have rpsingh and sreesanth back they have more weapons in the armoury and have been able to provide breakthroughs regularly, zak n ishant have failed to do so rpsingh is excellent in the death overs with his yorkers (irfan bowled a few today, and we all know how precious they were) joginder sharma, was the weak link, but he could have well been replaced by praveen kumar as the third seamer nevermind, yusuf is doing well enough

this thread is not meant for criticising the indian team and i would have started this thread even if india had won today's game my only purpose is to bring out the differences in the present T20 team and the team which won the world cup our performance in T20s has dropped drastically since then the present team hasn't learnt from its mistakes is relying more on boundaries, the earlier lot concentrated heavily on running the current team is slogging around, instead of good cricket shots gambhir, who played sensibly then, seems to be throwing his bat at everything the inclusion of raina, is surely a plus the absence of robin uthappa, though, is seriously hurting the team his direct hits are being missed as well (we have been missing out on direct hits since) zaheer and ishant are not ideal for T20s, they give too much width and the batsmen are obliging i would rather have rpsingh and sreesanth back they have more weapons in the armoury and have been able to provide breakthroughs regularly, zak n ishant have failed to do so rpsingh is excellent in the death overs with his yorkers (irfan bowled a few today, and we all know how precious they were) joginder sharma, was the weak link, but he could have well been replaced by praveen kumar as the third seamer nevermind, yusuf is doing well enough
gambhir - there is only one T20 where he threw his wicket away. That said - today is one of his 'infamous' but common dismissal - the 'open the face and glide down to third man' failing, and edging to keeper or slips or gully. Today it was the keeper. This is a very infamous Gambhir dismissal mode. Hope he learns from this for ODIs + Test series.

i could care less about these masala 20/20's. As long as we keep winning or playing 'right' in tests and to a lesser degrees, ODI's, I am more than happy. The only real bad thing i've noticed is that players are all laughing and having too much fun. I am super glad they're enjoying themselves....and it's good when they're winning. BUt, when losing, it comes off as if they don't care too much.

Nothing wrong with the team, lack of practice game is what is causing the whole problem. Gambhir, Dhoni were clearly struggling with the extra bounce, Yuvraj was just lucky to survive first 10 balls. In ODIs you have some time to settle down, in t20 you have maybe 4-5 balls before you are expected to swing the bat. Had both the t20 been played after ODIs we would have seen a different result. I dont blame our players i blame BCCI for this loss.

i think today our fielding was quite good.infact one Raina stop n one rohit stop one boundaries were awesome
Fielding was ragged, it almost felt like a club side fielding barring one or two stops. The last ball catch would have been taken by any player from NZ or South Africa. By the time Rohit Sharma turns around like a truck and runs 4 steps most hits will clear him. The likes of Rohit Sharma, Zaheer Khan, Yuvraj Singh look like they have 20 meals a day :winky: Sehwag by far was the fastest in the field. Raina and Gambhir are excellent. Ishant Sharma looks a terrific trier. Despite being a bowler he's not afraid to cover distance with his running or not afraid to put in a dive to stop a ball.
Fielding was ragged' date=' it almost felt like a club side fielding barring one or two stops. The last ball catch would have been taken by any player from NZ or South Africa. By the time Rohit Sharma turns around like a truck and runs 4 steps most hits will clear him. The likes of Rohit Sharma, Zaheer Khan, Yuvraj Singh look like they have 20 meals a day :winky: .
:haha: However this is Indian team, and we need to stop runs - electric fielding is missing big time :(( Once upon a time, offside was cordoned by a very fit Yuvi, Kaif, Raina - even Nohit was a good fielder initially. All aloo paranthas are making some of them Ind players as trucks!