Whover took the batting powerplay deserves joint MOM

That was a pure masterclass !!! I think it was Yuvraj who took it At that time, India were about 4.5 ish runs per over, looking to get to 250+ after they lost Sehwag-Gambhir, batting more in damage control mode But that 5 overs changed it dramatically and there was no stopping India after that This is what makes this Indian team special...the daredevil attitude. I cant sense any old Indian outfit turning it this way

Not only that, it delayed Patel's spell, that would mean the later batsmen would face him during the end of the innings. Also usually during the middle of the innings it gets slower, so that couldn't happen with the powerplay (apparently p.p without the . is a banned word, lmao). Yuvi was hitting crisply, butler was injured, and patel's spell had to be delayed. It was a very well calculated risk and it came off brilliantly.

Although it was a master stroke from our side, McCullum messed it up big time.Sachin and Yuvi,both of them were in rampaging form by then and what McCullum did? He brought in Ryder who didn't bowl a single over till then and he started feeding the batsmen some dollies which were thoroughly punished.

Although it was a master stroke from our side' date=' McCullum messed it up big time.Sachin and Yuvi,both of them were in rampaging form by then and what McCullum did? He brought in Ryder who didn't bowl a single over till then and he started feeding the batsmen some dollies which were thoroughly punished.[/quote'] How was McCullum to know that Ryder won't bowl well? Don't forget that he bowled extremely well in the 2nd T20 as far as restricting the batsmen is concerned.
Guest Hiten.

I was actually surprised that NZ did not go for their batting powerplay when Brendon and Ryder were off to a flyer. Had they added another 40-50 to their partnership India would have faced a serious dilemma than they actually did. Oh well, I guess there's only one dhoni/srt/UV in the world....and we OWN all of them :P:yay:B->

I was actually surprised that NZ did not go for their batting powerplay when Brendon and Ryder were off to a flyer. Had they added another 40-50 to their partnership India would have faced a serious dilemma than they actually did. Oh well' date= I guess there's only one dhoni/srt/UV in the world....and we OWN all of them :P:yay:B->
You were not the only one!! They had us on the floor at that time- it is surely about confidence; I heard during the commentary of Indian innings the commentator saying "Yuvi feels he confient he can go for it" so I think it came from him On the contrary Ryder failed to put his hand up Good for us:winky:

yuvraj changes the entire course of our innings he took the powerplay at a perfect time i think yuvi n master scored 100 runs in abt 9 overs yuvi bowled well, better than anobody in the situation we were in got wickets, claimed run outs maybe, he deserved the man of the match award but no credit taken away from the master's grand innings

One strategy that has emerged reg. the batting powerplay is that while it helps immensely to have the batting powerplay later in the innings while chasing moderate to relatively high scores (260-310). IN these cases, because the team is not chasing a HUGE score, they can play cautiously upfront, preserve wickets, even at the expense of a higher required RR, because they know they have the batting powerplay to compensate for it later, since their cautious batting upfront has helped them to preserve their wickets, which is important in such chases if the team is chasing a VERY high scores (315+), it pays to take the powerplay upfront because many a time, the game is decided in the first 20 overs and not during the latter half of the innings. In such chases, there is no period in the innings where the chasing team can hope to play cautiously and preserve their wickets, so might as well take the powerplay or upfront, bring the required RR down as much as possible, to create a buffer for a possible late flurry wickets later in the innings. For teams batting first, if they have wickets in hand and if the pitch is good, it looks like it is better to take the powerplay at the middle stages (from overs 25-35) because, powerplay or not, teams with wickets in hand always manage to score at an excess of 8 RPO if they have wickets in hand in the slog overs. So, why waste a powerplay in the slog overs when you’re going to score 45-50 runs of the last 5 overs anyway? This powerplay has certainly changed the dynamic of ODIs. Whoever thought of this must be really commended. It has ODIs much more interesting. As such, there is no dull period of play in ODIs nowadays.