Breaking News: IPL moved out of India

SachDan

One of the features in the first season was the home and away crowds. The atmosphere at some of the places was electrifying. This surely cant be matched in a country other than India. What I will miss is the crowd atmosphere for sure. Oh maybe that Deccan Chargers guy to some extent ;) 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 , Deccan Chargers going abroad. Now that the teams would be playing abroad, I hope they take "all" the the players with them. Last year, there were rumors that some of the domestic players were not taken to the away games in other cities. Another point, now that the IPL is not being held in India, then the Pakistani players can surely play no? This opens up a window for them to play. There wont be security risks for now that the event is being held outside of India. If I were a Pakistani player, I would be excited at the prospect of playing again in the IPL. But what about their contracts?

I hate this idea. Don't play the Indian Premier League in South Africa. Call it the International Premier League - South Africa Edition, or something like that. But Lalit Modi, what a scumbag. Though I'm not one to wish bad upon anyone, I hope that he is sacked from all Cricket jobs and is sentenced to jail for life imprisonment.

And there's no effin way the Pakistanis should be allowed to play even if the tournament is moved out of India. Their govt. refused permission to their players not because they actually thought there was a genuine security threat or anything, they just wanted a tit-for-tat decision to counter India's decision to not tour Pakistan. The Pakistani players must pay the price for their govts foolhardiness.

I hate this idea. Don't play the Indian Premier League in South Africa. Call it the International Premier League - South Africa Edition' date= or something like that. But Lalit Modi, what a scumbag. Though I'm not one to wish bad upon anyone, I hope that he is sacked from all Cricket jobs and is sentenced to jail for life imprisonment.
I dont get it. Why is Lalit Modi a scumbag?

And there's no effin way the Pakistanis should be allowed to play even if the tournament is moved out of India. Their govt. refused permission to their players not because they actually thought there was a genuine security threat or anything, they just wanted a tit-for-tat decision to counter India's decision to not tour Pakistan. The Pakistani players must pay the price for their govts foolhardiness.
Don't play them no matter what, screw them people Let them suffer

I understand the general hatred towards him, in terms of conduct sometimes.. But specifically with regards to this situation, the man is trying his best to keep the cricket going, using all the resources, avenues... You gotto hand that much to him atleast...

Well, that and his general money-obsessed behaviour is enough reason to call him a scumbag, regardless of other events. Is there a more unpleasant person in the cricketing world btw? He makes Andrew Symonds look like a kind and gentle paragon of virtue.
He even makes bucknor look good.