IPL broadcast rights: Rs 8200 cr for nine years !!

SachDan

Guest Hiten.
Moar! We want moar IPL! Moar! Test and other Team India kirket :(( $ will cricket in the end - does this money even go to improve grassroots cricket in India!??
Can someone please effing block finey's access to IPL forum ? This is getting ridiculous. Finey you still haven't answered my query, how many ***ing times have you watched a complete game of test cricket on TV (...forget about going to the ground, because I know you haven't but you still have the audacity to question other people). If you do not like IPL or T20 please stay away from the threads that mention IPL or T20. We understand that you hate IPL to the core and you needn't remind us again and again.

Guest Hiten.

On topic. Hate it or love it Lalit Modi certainly knows what he is doing and when he said IPL is recession proof, he wasn't kidding. $1.6 billion for a sport that only few countries "follow" is a big achievement and I am happy India is the center stage of all this limelight

Can someone please effing block finey's access to IPL forum ? This is getting ridiculous. Finey you still haven't answered my query, how many ***ing times have you watched a complete game of test cricket on TV (...forget about going to the ground, because I know you haven't but you still have the audacity to question other people). If you do not like IPL or T20 please stay away from the threads that mention IPL or T20. We understand that you hate IPL to the core and you needn't remind us again and again.
++

Moar! We want moar IPL! Moar! Test and other Team India kirket :(( $ will cricket in the end - does this money even go to improve grassroots cricket in India!??
Talk about the inmates running the asylum… :haha: Someone who routinely floods ICF with ridiculous money-saving requests ranging from ways to get around Houston in the cheapest possible way to filling tax forms to get the highest refund is now complaining about IPL and $$ it brings…. Man, I’ve seen it all.. :laugh: And even more hilarious is how the specimen constantly claims to be a champion of test cricket when its as broad as daylight that it has probably not watched a single test match in its entirety! Whatay Dumbphuck!

MM, Who said I havent watched any Tests fully? Or that I havent been to Tests in person? I dont have to give you folks proof for that. Ofcourse last some years I've been away from India, so can only watch things online. And now I dont know even if you watch ball by ball without missing anything - mainly because the matches happen at odd hours and we have to go to work or school etc... And you have the bloody audacity to call me names. Shameless you are for indulging in cheap namecalling. I am not against T20, what I'm against is diluting the Tests by scheduling more and more of this T20 and directly cutting into number of Test matches being played. For heavensake, there was supposed to be a 2 Test series vs NZ (got changed to 3 in the last minute). 2 Test series!!! What sort of a joke is that!?

Whats the point in showing the IPL on setanta in the UK, where everyone who watches sport has sky sports totally unfair :((
They bought the rights, what can we do about it Last time I found a coupon that allowed me to subscribe for £5/month :D but they're impossible to cancel This time:
Our subscription package costs £12.99 per month (rolling subscription). An additional one off connection fee of £14.99 is applicable upon subscription. The only requirement we have is that you subscribe for a minimum of 30 days. (30 day cancellation notice required from next billing date).

MM, Who said I havent watched any Tests fully? Or that I havent been to Tests in person? I dont have to give you folks proof for that. Ofcourse last some years I've been away from India, so can only watch things online. And now I dont know even if you watch ball by ball without missing anything - mainly because the matches happen at odd hours and we have to go to work or school etc... And you have the bloody audacity to call me names. Shameless you are for indulging in cheap namecalling. I am not against T20, what I'm against is diluting the Tests by scheduling more and more of this T20 and directly cutting into number of Test matches being played. For heavensake, there was supposed to be a 2 Test series vs NZ (got changed to 3 in the last minute). 2 Test series!!! What sort of a joke is that!?
Hey Dumb-broad, it doesn’t take ‘bloody audacity’ to call you ‘cheap names’, all it needs is just read a couple of your posts which you manage to litter around this forum to know that you have no real interest in cricket or constructive discussions, but just linger around to moan and whine at whatever that gives a remote chance of doing so. As I said, for someone who is staggeringly money-minded as you are (we don’t have to look far for proof of that – There are a gazillion ‘How can I save or make more money?’ threads that you force upon the rest of the members here), its an effin joke if you slam people or organizations for making the quick buck. So stop playing this purist-minded, messiah-type individual who loves test cricket and hates commercial cricket, coz we know you’re anything BUT all that. Anyways, Its a shame that I am actually replying to your useless posts.. In fact, its shame if anyone does. G'luck with your trolling. Have fun while it lasts, you are not going last long here anwyway..

Interesting outburst. You know better than me, about what form of cricket I like best? and how much I watch and whether I sacrifice my sleep to watch cricket or not?, and have all sort of judgement on that. Right. You know that better than I do. Right.

Interesting outburst. You know better than me' date=' about what form of cricket I like best? and how much I watch and whether[b'] I sacrifice my sleep to watch cricket or not?, and have all sort of judgement on that. Right. You know that better than I do. Right.
Thts exactly wat i m doin rite noe, can we get back to the 1.6 bil :icflove:

Guest Hiten.
Barmy army tends to attend most of the test matches that involved England (no matter they are home or away). So you think people in India have nothing better to do and they should attend all the days of a test match (which of course clashes with their 9-5 working hours) FTP was decided way earlier than IPL or T20 world cup. So how can you claim that T20 is the reason why test cricket has/is diminished/diminishing ? You can claim that ODI's are given more preference, but you being yourself couldn't think about it. Assuming test match time clashes with your already worked up schedule, why are you crying for more test matches ? So that you can read the scorecard (of a game that lasts 40 hours) on cricinfo and (....again) whine about it if India does bad without actually following the game on TV/computer ?

IPL signs Rs. 8200-cr deal with MSM More... IPL signs Rs. 8200-cr deal with MSM G. Viswanath Previous deal was for close to 4,700 crore Good news for franchisees Mumbai: The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) promoted Indian Premier League on Wednesday signed a whopping Rs. 8,200-crore Official Broadcast Partner agreement for nine years (up to 2017) with Multi Screen Media (MSM, formerly Sony) and World Sport Group (WSG). MSM will now bring the 59 matches live from South Africa on SET Max with the DLF-IPL Season II set to start in South Africa on April 18, a day after the fifth and final One-Day International between South Africa and Australia. Last year IPL had signed a contract with WSG-Sony for $1.026 billion for 10 years which included a sum of $108 million for marketing and promotion. The fresh IPL agreement with MSM brings a happy end to a relation between the two that had soured after the BCCI cancelled the 10-year contract stating that MSM had violated the contractual obligations on two counts, mainly quality of broadcast last year and ground sponsor rights. MSM moved the court against the termination of the 10-year contract, but on Monday the Bombay High Court rejected an interim relief for the broadcasting company. Even when the matter was in the process of litigation, there were speculation that the two parties would arrive at an out-of-court settlement and that MSM, which had made a huge profit out of the inaugural IPL last year, had offered to pay a much higher sum. After announcing that the DLF-IPL would hold the second edition in South Africa, the IPL has achieved a major breakthrough, managing to renew the contract with MSM for a sum that can be regarded as a windfall because last year the agreement for a 10-year period was for a sum close to Rs. 4,700 crore. Under the agreement between the IPL and franchises, the latter would share 80 per cent of the revenue from the media rights in the first five years and 60 per cent from sixth to 10th year. The increased revenue from the media rights should mitigate the assumed fall in revenue for the IPL in the second year because the event was being moved overseas. Best option It is learnt that IPL had lined up two broadcasting companies — ESPN-STAR Sports and NDTV — after the fall out with MSM, but eventually MSM came up with an offer that Lalit Modi, Chairman and Commissioner, DLF-IPL, regards as the best. “We are absolutely delighted with the new deal inked today with WSG and MSM. We have the best deal for the League and Indian cricket fans alike. I am certain that MSM will pull out all the stops in ensuring that the best technology is utilised to deliver excellent content that is creative, innovative and enriching for the cricket fans in India and across the globe,” said Mr. Modi.