The Vicious Yuvi cycle

He is messed up in the head when it comes to test cricket. Play it like the way Sehwag does. The format of the game doesnt matter, only the merit of the ball does. A bad ball is bad regardless of whether its a test/ODI/T-20. If he keeps it simple and plays the way he does in ODIs, he has a better chance at doing well in tests. Grinding it out in the middle like Gambhir did for almost 2 days isnt his cup of tea.

He is messed up in the head when it comes to test cricket. Play it like the way Sehwag does. The format of the game doesnt matter' date=' only the merit of the ball does. A bad ball is bad regardless of whether its a test/ODI/T-20. If he keeps it simple and plays the way he does in ODIs, he has a better chance at doing well in tests. Grinding it out in the middle like Gambhir did for almost 2 days isnt his cup of tea.[/quote'] na he can not afford to play like veeru.. he is not an opener.. if veeru plays bad shot and gets out early we have guys to build the inning.. if yuvi fails at no. 6, he will get under guns immediately and dont tell me veeru plays his shots on merits... SRT and Laxman plays their shots on merits not veeru.. he will whack at good balls too..
He is messed up in the head when it comes to test cricket. Play it like the way Sehwag does. The format of the game doesnt matter' date=' only the merit of the ball does. A bad ball is bad regardless of whether its a test/ODI/T-20. If he keeps it simple and plays the way he does in ODIs, he has a better chance at doing well in tests. Grinding it out in the middle like Gambhir did for almost 2 days isnt his cup of tea.[/quote'] Another bullsh!t excuse..you trying to tell me he was trying to grind it out there in any of the innings he played in NZ so far??
Another bullsh!t excuse..you trying to tell me he was trying to grind it out there in any of the innings he played in NZ so far??
In last innings, He faced a dozen balls. Don't you understand that! Can't accept it as grinding there! :hitler: :nervous:
Whenever you criticize someone' date=' I somehow start sympathizing with him and start supporting him.:D[/quote'] BTW - next week I'm planning to watch the "Panda" movie in your avatar :D [Netflix] Regarding yuseless, you can sympathize or not, I won't stop unless this passenger in our Test 11 is fixed. Either he improves dramatically and performs (it is abt perf), or other deserving folks from our domestic scene are tried out for ganguly's position.
Regarding yuseless, you can sympathize or not, I won't stop unless this passenger in our Test 11 is fixed. Either he improves dramatically and performs (it is abt perf), or other deserving folks from our domestic scene are tried out for ganguly's position.
Why are you punishing us though:(( What wrong have we done:eyedance:
Why are you punishing us though:(( What wrong have we done:eyedance:
Lulz - you havent done anything wrong, but just like you go OTT on praising a few, I sometimes get frustrated watching batting trundlers in Tests like yuvi. Nothing against ya'll, holy :thumbs_up:
Yuvi is a genuine matchwinner!!!!... if Dravid kept getting chances for 2 years in a row(from 2006-2008)' date= what did Yuvi do wrong... the guy NEVER gets consistant run...Yuvi deserves to be in all 3 formats
Dravid is a different case. He has already shown us what he is capable of in tests. He is experienced, has a average of over 50, and is one of our best test batsman EVER. Yuvraj has neither of these qualities. You dont keep giving every tom, dick and harry chances over chances just becuase we gave Dravid chances. Yuvraj is NO-WHERE close to Dravid as a test batsman.
Yuvi is a genuine matchwinner!!!!... if Dravid kept getting chances for 2 years in a row(from 2006-2008)' date= what did Yuvi do wrong... the guy NEVER gets consistant run...Yuvi deserves to be in all 3 formats
Are you nuts? How can you compare someone with 10000 runs, 26 hundreds, and match defining performances all around the world over a decade to a player who averages 15 when he has to cross an ocean to play cricket?

he seems to lack the temperament and the will to fight it out in test cricket, when the going gets tough for him..We saw that in Australia where he never wanted to stay in the crease by looking ungainly and swallow his pride for sometime and then unleash his array of strokes..thats where MSD succeeds..MSD doesn have the natural talent as Yuvi does nor does he have the technique to succeed against quality fast bowling..but although his methods are ungainly he somehow never throws his wicket away..he keeps hanging in there and fights it out and gets the runs..Yuvi for all his talent has to develop this mentality to succeed in test cricket..its more in his mind as ppl have pointed out..but at this level it is always in the mind and people who are really tough will succeed..i am not saying that he is not tough, because he has won an innumerable number of ODIs for us..but ODIs allow you to flourish even though u have flaws in your technique but test matches are totally different..he should first accept his limitations when he starts an innings and refrain from playing away from his body early on.. he is a precious talent but he is wasting it..and he has no one else to blame other then himself..no one has got so many chances early on in their test careers as Yuvraj has..its simple because the Indian team believes in his talent..they know that he can be a match winner..but u can give only that many chances, its upto the player to grab it and not let go..I would give one more series and see how he plays, it doesn matter if he scores 1 100 and then fails in the rest of the innings..even if he scores 40s or 50s its how he bats in that innings is what matters..hope he plays well for his own sake and for the Indian teams sake as well..a established Yuvraj in the middle order makes our batting lineup a totally different proposition all together and no one else can do that..