The Vicious Yuvi cycle

Cancel that. Tell him he's a lock' date=' forever, no matter what. Go out and hit the cover of every ball. Screw that test average, your role in this side, is to score at a strike rate of 100.[/quote'] :two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up:
Yuvi is a genuine matchwinner!!!!... if Dravid kept getting chances for 2 years in a row(from 2006-2008)' date= what did Yuvi do wrong... the guy NEVER gets consistant run...Yuvi deserves to be in all 3 formats
Let's utilize the ICF Player Stats and some wonderful graphs :laugh:yuvistatsz.jpg So Yuvi's average is hovering around 40 in the last couple of years.
I'd give him another 10 test series.
So would I but only if we could confirm before the match that there is no chance the ball gets any sideways movement at all. lets face it , his technique is not good enough to face the moving ball. he will do in ODIs because most of them are on flat tracks. He will do well in tests in the subcontinent because most of them are again on flat tracks (he has improved his play against spin a bit). But he has no business whatsoever playing outside india where he would be exposed time and time again. So yeah if we can have different number 6 for india and phoren , welcome mr Yuvraaaaaj. Otherwise just F off.
So would I but only if we could confirm before the match that there is no chance the ball gets any sideways movement at all. lets face it , his technique is not good enough to face the moving ball. he will do in ODIs because most of them are on flat tracks. He will do well in tests in the subcontinent because most of them are again on flat tracks (he has improved his play against spin a bit). But he has no business whatsoever playing outside india where he would be exposed time and time again. So yeah if we can have different number 6 for india and phoren , welcome mr Yuvraaaaaj. Otherwise just F off.
We should rather find someone who can play the role in India and phoren. If you cannot play good swing bowling in Tests, cannot play good spin bowlers, and only will score in patta wickets simply does not cut it. We gotta find a better batsman for our #6.
he seems to lack the temperament and the will to fight it out in test cricket, when the going gets tough for him..We saw that in Australia where he never wanted to stay in the crease by looking ungainly and swallow his pride for sometime and then unleash his array of strokes..thats where MSD succeeds..MSD doesn have the natural talent as Yuvi does nor does he have the technique to succeed against quality fast bowling..but although his methods are ungainly he somehow never throws his wicket away..he keeps hanging in there and fights it out and gets the runs..Yuvi for all his talent has to develop this mentality to succeed in test cricket..its more in his mind as ppl have pointed out..but at this level it is always in the mind and people who are really tough will succeed..i am not saying that he is not tough, because he has won an innumerable number of ODIs for us..but ODIs allow you to flourish even though u have flaws in your technique but test matches are totally different..he should first accept his limitations when he starts an innings and refrain from playing away from his body early on.. he is a precious talent but he is wasting it..and he has no one else to blame other then himself..no one has got so many chances early on in their test careers as Yuvraj has..its simple because the Indian team believes in his talent..they know that he can be a match winner..but u can give only that many chances, its upto the player to grab it and not let go..I would give one more series and see how he plays, it doesn matter if he scores 1 100 and then fails in the rest of the innings..even if he scores 40s or 50s its how he bats in that innings is what matters..hope he plays well for his own sake and for the Indian teams sake as well..a established Yuvraj in the middle order makes our batting lineup a totally different proposition all together and no one else can do that..
I agree with most of what you have written. The fact is that Dhoni and Indian team management know that he is extremely talented, and trust him to come good. He is obviously a hand-eye coordination player, and his feet move well when he is confident. If he is confident, the technique does not matter that much IMHO. People were criticizing that he doesn't seem to learn, but the way he has played spinners of late, that theory can be put to rest. He played an extremely important knock on a turning pitch in 4th innings against England, and handled spinners well in ODI series in SL recently. His knock against England also showed he could be patient and have test match temperament. Laxman also did not distinguish himself too much in his beginning 3-4 years in test match cricket, as often out wafting outside the off stump and was averaging in low 20s after his first 20 tests. We stuck with him, he made that epic 281, and after that, he came good (mostly) on his promise. Maybe Yuvraj will too, lets see.

p_k, fair argument with regards to Laxman - but Laxman was doing very well against Australia in Australia dude. Yuvi is finding it tough to do anything outside of India - especially down under. Because of his predominantly backfoot play, he ought to be able to handle the bouncy conditions quite well but he's not. We'll see.

Comparing Yuvi to THE WALL?

Yuvi is a genuine matchwinner!!!!... if Dravid kept getting chances for 2 years in a row(from 2006-2008)' date= what did Yuvi do wrong... the guy NEVER gets consistant run...Yuvi deserves to be in all 3 formats
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Dravid has been consistent and our top performer from 1996-2006. Excellent average in Overseas. Yuvi has been a failure from the very begining. Overseas? oh He scored at Pak.
What's with you and Dravid?
p_k' date=' fair argument with regards to Laxman - but Laxman was doing very well against Australia in Australia dude. Yuvi is finding it tough to do anything outside of India - especially down under. Because of his predominantly backfoot play, he ought to be able to handle the bouncy conditions quite well but he's not. We'll see.[/quote'] Laxman played an awesome 167 knock against Aussies in that 2000 tour, but AFAIK failed in all other innings. But that is about it. When people say UV has failed overseas, they falsely assume that ALL pitches overseas are bouncy and offer seam movement and swing in the air, and ALL pitches in the subcontinent are dead tracks. The fact is that UV scored a scorching hundred against Asif(at his very best),Akhtar and Co in Karachi, when the fab 4 failed miserably, and bowl was moving around. Just because it was subcontinent, that knock got discounted. I agree he has failed in overseas tours, but I would not judge him too harshly for his (lack of) performance in OZ last time around. There was simply too much pressure on him, with Dravid being told to open and press going berserk with how just because of UV, the whole batting line had to be re-shuffled, etc etc. I know people here may disagree about that, but thats ok.

Yuvraj should not be part of the Test XI This guy maybe the most flamboyant batsmen we have par sehwag and tendulkar, the most julundarish guy, are best all rounder at the minute in odis and most of all our 6 sixes hero,............................. But please BCCI, please kick him put of the test team. Yuvraj is completely crap outside sub continent, and is not playing well at all, he doesnt have the technique, the patience and most of all cant adjust the pitches outisde sub. This guy has ruined MY last freaking test matches which i stayed up watching at 2 in the morning when having work and exams next day and to see him get below ten and looking like Martins bunny is just pathetic and annoying. This twenty20 will certainly not improve him in his test technique and to see him not adapting well is darn rite annoying. Every other batsmen maybe par sehwag has done well in this series. Send this guy back to ranji or watever and let his technique improve, the only reason he is in is due to licking dhonis ass. Someone like raina, rohit sharma, kohli or even that new guy in ranji who has done so well( forget his name playing for south indian team) should come in!!!!!!! The sooner hes out, the better

Yuvi isn't worth a test spot. Give him another series and if he can't work hard enough to cement his place in test cricket please sack him. There are other talented and deserving players in India that work very hard but are not

Whenever u need attention u talk about Yuvi or Sehwag...or any1 who fails in a series. Yuvi hasn't done that bad, eh ... and moreover team is winning. as an indian supporter u shud be supporting ur players, nt wishing 4 their failures. i dnt av any prob with any player.My main concern is always about india doin well, which is happening ! So, Get a life ! if he is not good, he will eventually go out...there is no point crying here...go outside BCCI's office and yell at the selection committee

To be fair ' date=' [b']he did help save the second test along with laxman . But , if he fails in the second innings it would be difficult to justify his place in the squad . I wonder what Ganguly must be feeling now ...
When did this event happen? I must have been watching a different match than you because on my telecast he came in when the match was done and dusted.