NZ Series completes the ICF Quorum

Rajiv

..joined ICF back in 2004, and since then some of us have seen India Tour all countries and NZ was last in the draw - 5 years and we have discussed, *****ed, watched and enjoyed all of Indian cricket In the midst of that, add in a shocking WC, birth of a new format which we won, retirements, 2 captaincy changes, 3 different coaches, injuries, deaths, terrorist attacks, huge controversies, rival league, creation of a new website, threats. users come and go... So for some of us, the new season starts with IPL part deux, I am sure by the end of our next season...we might see Sachin retire and that will be a shocker..and we'll see where this game goes

When we first started we were told we were "Unlucky" for Indian cricket as they lost left' date=' right and center. I'm glad we put together this website and surely we must be "Lucky" charm now.[/quote'] which moda****a said that?

It's been a very interesting 5 years. We've seen the best and worst of India in this phase (test series victories in NZ, England, test match victories in Sri Lanka, South Africa, Australia) also (drawing and losing vs PAK in 05 and 06, drawing vs ENG at home) We've also seen the worst of Tendulkar and his resurgence. His contribution to Indian cricket is not just about the runs but all the advice he imparts. Without doubt the most important player to his team in the history of the game.

yup Rajeev... not bad to see where we've gone in 5 yrs. Remember joining the old site right before Australia toured India back in 04 - with all that *****y umpiring, Boss and Anil v. the aussie continengent there, and the slew of amazing pieces Gaurang used to write. Been good times since (with the odd rough patch in between dealing with certain people's moderation and moving to this site)... and great to see how far India's come since then.

I was on a bit of a sabbatical with cricket forums when this site was created (and gambo had a wrong email address for me then). I still remember the early efforts that Ravi, Rajeev and all made so that those of us stuck in the US can watch cricket. This was back when video streams weren't easy to find, and willow.tv used to cost even more than it does today. and "thaleel" was still a chemistry student in chicago, was it? Don't see Sam around these days either. Btw Ravi, are you still in touch with Shailesh?

hey junkie, good to see you still around. yup - fun days then (particularly some of the pre-match MSN discussions :D). and ravi/rajeev back then were real lifesavers. Seen Sam posting on here every now and then, but about as frequently as you pop yr head up. :P - tubby. :D

Tubby moved back to the homeland right? oh i'm around B-) especially when games are on. just don't post that often. I even lurked at the fern a bit during this series, i see you still hang around over there huh. This series has been a bit too one-sided - not enough opportunity to get into it with fartman and kiwipie :boxing: :fight:

Sandeep, good to see you around mate. Shailesh drops an email every new year and that's about it. Sam I know has moved back to India and is in Chennai. I'm sure he's having fun. Would be nice to have Shailesh on board again, I'll drop an email to him when possible.