Biggest achivement of my life

Desi Cartman

Desi well done and doctor well done. Desi what happens if you get depressed again? I feel depressed sometimes because I am a perfectionist who is far from being perfect :winky: Lot of bad thoughts come in my mind. Lot of "what if" kind of thoughts. I could be sitting and watching a movie and then I would think what if I bang my head against the wall. I try to imagine what the pain would be like. I imagine how death would be like. I am always looking for a high. No I am not suicidal or clinically depressed or anything. I am just Fd up. My chachu said that I should not do anythign crazy as I have a pan shop to run. I am a confused mofo I tell ya! :hatsoff:

I was living far away from the family. I have a very close family ' date=' my siblings were busy with their lives and all of a sudden one day after I had received a big pay raise and a promotion , I realized that I had no one to celebrate it with it [/quote'] I can relate to that Although I was born in India, I spent most of my life overseas, far away from my grandparents, uncles / aunts, extended family members etc Sometimes, I feel very alone and homesick. Lighting fire crackers and spending Diwali with family is one thing and sending them an electronic greeting card is something else. It is such an empty feeling and no amount of materialistic desires can satisfy the urge to spend some personal 1 on 1 time with the people closest to you I didn't pay much attention at that time, but looking back, these are the moments I want to re live again and again Everyone is busy with their lives. Everybody goes their seperate ways. It is really sad. Looking at old photos brings back so many memories. Just feel like sitting and crying.

I see that you guys crave to be near your relations. I on the other hand am a loner by choice. Can someone psycho analyze what that means? I have aswesome social and friend making skills but I don't like making friends anymore nor do I like being in larger groups of friends or family.

A BIGGG Congrats to Desi man for overcoming his problems.. As with any personal problem, medicines and external help can only do so much.. Ultimately, its the individual who has the win the battle because there is one else in this world who understands his or her problems better than the person itself.. A big Kudos to your wife too for standing by your side through all this!

I am glad to inform you all that your friend desi downunder/cartman has been informed by his doctor that he doesnt need anymore anti-depressants. I have had depression since I was 19 and I stopped treatment after a year feeling that I was fine, well it hit me hard around 5 years ago and then I struggled to even get out of bed for a while. I had many nights when I didnt sleep for even a min , sometimes I woke up in a pool of sweat , sometimes I cried for hours , thought of killing myself .....but I kept visiting my doctor and took medication. At first no medication could help me but after few months I started responding ... then I had hard time at work and missed out on many opportunities at work .. but I didnt lose hope .... now 5 years after it all started again , today my psychiatrist told me that I can stop the medication and I need to see him only once more ... I dont know how many of you would believe but depression is worse than death .. it kills you everyday .. it hurts cuz people think u r weak , some think you are lazy .. I over came all that and I cant tell you how happy Im today.. Credit for my achievement should also go to my wife , who held me when I cried , who told me it will be fine , who married a patient of depression ...:icflove: PS: thanks to all of you as well ... you guys dont even know but you have helped me during last 18 months , whenever I felt depressed I logged on to ICF and it helped me smile again ! If any of you ever have any questions about depression feel free to pm me .. I know how hard it is and I would be happy to help anyone who needs it .
Desi- you, your wife and your family are heroes :two_thumbs_up: Although its hard, I hope we can all learn a lesson of never giving up even when the chips are down.

Congrats Desi!Great achievement ......You are lucky you realised you needed help...and luckier still to have a wife who understood you and your problem.She seems to be a real strong lady. I also suffered from depression post delivery.But it was only pregnancy related.A lot of women suffer from that. And I hope that last visit to the doctor is not to give you a really big bill....:winky: Chal...aish karo.....!:icflove:

I am glad to inform you all that your friend desi downunder/cartman has been informed by his doctor that he doesnt need anymore anti-depressants. I have had depression since I was 19 and I stopped treatment after a year feeling that I was fine, well it hit me hard around 5 years ago and then I struggled to even get out of bed for a while. I had many nights when I didnt sleep for even a min , sometimes I woke up in a pool of sweat , sometimes I cried for hours , thought of killing myself .....but I kept visiting my doctor and took medication. At first no medication could help me but after few months I started responding ... then I had hard time at work and missed out on many opportunities at work .. but I didnt lose hope .... now 5 years after it all started again , today my psychiatrist told me that I can stop the medication and I need to see him only once more ... I dont know how many of you would believe but depression is worse than death .. it kills you everyday .. it hurts cuz people think u r weak , some think you are lazy .. I over came all that and I cant tell you how happy Im today.. Credit for my achievement should also go to my wife , who held me when I cried , who told me it will be fine , who married a patient of depression ...:icflove: PS: thanks to all of you as well ... you guys dont even know but you have helped me during last 18 months , whenever I felt depressed I logged on to ICF and it helped me smile again ! If any of you ever have any questions about depression feel free to pm me .. I know how hard it is and I would be happy to help anyone who needs it .
Congrats Desi!! I know what a great role one's family has to play when he is down. And in that your wife has excelled. Give her my congratulations as well. And enjoy the life now in happiness!!:top:

Great fighting spirit Desi ! The fact that you've come out of it is great. Sometimes, people dont even know that they are suffering from depression. And in the South Asian community, depression and other such cases are not taken seriously or understood. The victim can become isolated he/she does not have some sort of support either from family or friends. That is why it is important to acknowldege the support. At times, episodes of depression may reoccur and if it does, do not hesitate to acknowledge that you may need help to conteract it with the same fighting spirit. Good Stuff Desi :icflove:

I am really depressed today. Seeing my mamma and pappa get really really old is making me very sad. I feel that I have not done enough for them :(( I had such high plans of things I wanted to do for them but reality of life came in the way :(( My heart is hurting thinking that one day I will not have them :nervous:

If you are not suffering from depression then you must be emotionally numb how can anyone who feels anything can't be depressed in this day and age.. wherever you look bloody gloom permeates.. I don't have a choice but to remain perennially depressed..