Gambhir finally comes of age in the NZ tour

veer

before this nz series, gambhir had never played a test outside the subcontinent & played only odis & 20/20 and happened to do well in each of them. he was the best player in the cb series in australia in 2008. and australia is not a part of the subcontinent

Gautam Gambhir’s marathon match-saving 137 in the second Test against New Zealand on Monday earned him rich accolades from stand-in skipper Virender Sehwag who likened the pugnacious left-hander to Rahul Dravid and dubbed him the “second wall” of Indian cricket. More...
This is not fair. He should acknowledge Dravid's contribution. Without his time at the wicket we could have lost. What a faackhead this Sehwag is.
How quickly things can change... Less than 15 months ago' date=' [b']not many people backed Gambhir to be an international class performer. Now, he's probably the world's most valuable batsman. Opposition teams from here on will be really really weary of this man. .
Don't make me bump the threads were I was demanding his inclusion in the team:--D

It is a fantastic compliment to be compared to Dravid. What few realise is that Dravid strung together arguably the longest period of prolonged form that cricket has seen, averaging over 45 in each year from 1997 to 2006! It will be great for Indian cricket if Gambhir can achieve similar consistency.

Sehwag said. "I can say that because hardly any player plays for almost 11 hours nowadays. He is the one who saved the game for us. I think we can call him the second Wall of the Indian cricket team. This one comes from north."
racist! :omg:

When India were asked to follow on and with Sehwag back in the dressing room before the end of the third day, I was of the view that the match was over and the series would be 1 - 1 For a naturally agressive player, and nothing typifies this agression more than walking down the wicket, to sudbue his agressive instincts and bat for 1.5 days speaks volumes of his concentration Match saving innings. Well done :congrats:

Child-man Gambhir finally comes of age He's gone from being the gifted kid who never quite knew what to do with all that embryonic talent and flirted with being yet another lost footnote in India's cricketing chronicles, to a composed man and player on the threshold of a career that could one day be called great, writes Kadambari Murali Wade. More...

Huh!? in SMG's league? Gambhir has a long way to go before he can be compared to Gavaskar in Tests. GG can get there, but he has a long way to go before he can become a legendary opener like Sunny. And, Sunny in T20 or ODIs - he'll make the T20 into a Test :D In the limited format, GG is certainly well suited already.

Huh!? in SMG's league? Gambhir has a long way to go before he can be compared to Gavaskar in Tests. GG can get there, but he has a long way to go before he can become a legendary opener like Sunny. And, Sunny in T20 or ODIs - he'll make the T20 into a Test :D In the limited format, GG is certainly well suited already.
36* in a 60 overs match?:D