Kamran's Pace

rahulrulezz

No mate. You don't understand. Only pace matters because line/length is useless. Have you seen the last 20 matches where Ishant has slowed down and has not bowled on line/length and has gotten smacked left and right? Oh wait' date=' you must have - you don't have your head up shoaib akhtar's ass.[/quote'] watch your language buddy..

But his action isn't the cleanest. It will need remedial work which will in all probability lead to significant loss in pace.
and that is exactly wht will happen. indians are notorious for modifying actions resulting in less pace. 2-3 years from now he'll be a trundler with a modified action just like pathan

Kamran bowled around 142 km/h in his 2nd over.... Compare this to Munaf Patel whose fastest ball today was 128.6 km/h... Munaf even though is of Dadaji age but still bowls around 135 in Internetational matches...even MascaRenes was bowling around 113 even though he bowls around 124ish in International matches... so that mean these speed guns are showing slower pace than usual... Kamran surely looks quicker than 142 to me... I say he is one of the biggest find for us .... hez only 18 years so I am sure he is 145+ bowling prospect for us !!
I'm not sure the speed guns were showing too much of a slower pace than usual. Munaf did not look like he was trying to bowl quickly, but rather concentrate on line and length and variations of pace. Dimi is deceptively slow and is actually always around 115kph these days, although his bounce makes him look quicker.

speed gun look dodgy Kamaran was hurrying onto the bat even on Peterson. He is just 20 and can gain pace, but he needs to play 2 years of first class cricket at least and make his skills perfect. It is noticeable that steyns fastest delivery also was 142 and flintof's fastest delivery was 142 too thats why i think speed gun was not very accurate. it showing dadaji at 122.

remember guys ... speed gun measures speed out of the hand. speed at the batsman is a completely different matter. I remember in 2005, during the super series tournament they measured the speed out of the hand of 2 different bowlers, flintoff and shoaib. Out of the hand flintoff was roughly 137-138, shoaib was about 144-145, at the batsman shoaib was around 120 and flintoff was 110. So my point is that a number of factors influence whether or not a bowler is quick to a batsman. This explains why sometimes you will see a batsman hurried by a ball that might only be around 135 , yet comfortably put away a delivery that is 140-145. Its all about how much pace the ball loses after it pitches, and this depends on the type of wicket (south african wickets will tend to lose less pace than subcontinent wickets) that is why pietersen may seem to be hurried by a delivery that was only 135.

If you think Ishant has slowed down his pace to focus on line & length' date=' you're not only an ******* for liking the *******/drugge in your avatar but an ignorant idiot.[/quote'] I dnt see nothing wrong with what he said. It takes a lot of effort and aggression to bowl fast. Sadly, focus on line and length has been a perfect excuse for indian pacers to avoid that extra effort. Speaking of Ishant, he's become quite fond of his slower one lately, a typical signs of defensive mindset (thanx to venky). I would rather watch him dominate the batsman with some extra pace rather that cutting it down from what little he's got left.

I dnt see nothing wrong with what he said. It takes a lot of effort and aggression to bowl fast. Sadly' date=' focus on line and length has been a perfect excuse for indian pacers to avoid that extra effort. Speaking of Ishant, he's become quite fond of his slower one lately, a typical signs of defensive mindset (thanx to venky). I would rather watch him dominate the batsman with some extra pace rather that cutting it down from what little he's got left.[/quote'] He has become slower not because he's focusing on line/length because if you noticed the NZ series (both the one day and Test), he was quite inconsistent in his line/length - and slower was just a part of it. Despite that, he bowled at 140+ in spells, but was carted around. Speaking of his slower one, its not like he keeps bowling it every over - and to be frank, I don't think change of pace is a defensive mindset, considering he's got a lot of wickets with it in the very recent past. The problem everyone has is that he's bowling at 138 kmph instead of 150 kmph as his regular deliveries - and I don't think he could ever bowl a spell at 150 kmph. Even if you look at the Perth test match, he was never at 150 - he was always between 138-144 kmph, which was approximately the same range recently, albeit biased towards the left.

remember guys ... speed gun measures speed out of the hand. speed at the batsman is a completely different matter. I remember in 2005, during the super series tournament they measured the speed out of the hand of 2 different bowlers, flintoff and shoaib. Out of the hand flintoff was roughly 137-138, shoaib was about 144-145, at the batsman shoaib was around 120 and flintoff was 110. So my point is that a number of factors influence whether or not a bowler is quick to a batsman. This explains why sometimes you will see a batsman hurried by a ball that might only be around 135 , yet comfortably put away a delivery that is 140-145. Its all about how much pace the ball loses after it pitches, and this depends on the type of wicket (south african wickets will tend to lose less pace than subcontinent wickets) that is why pietersen may seem to be hurried by a delivery that was only 135.
No dear, this cape town wicket is slow, it is seeming but is not a hard surface because this is the end of the season in south africa and there is roughness and looseness on the upper surface that is why it is helping spinners a lot, we didnt see many balls turning like this in the last IPL, those indian wickets were bouncy and hard, watch those matches again, Chennai, hyderabad, bangalore, and jaipur picthes were very bounce. I was shocked at that time why BCCI dont make that kind of wicket regulalry, there were help for pacers and were good for strokeplayers too. This cape town wicket is not good for strokeplay at all, ball is not coming on to the bat easily. It is not a right 20-20 wicket.

Do u have any info on the other pitches?
Wanderers pitch is good for batting, the last one day played on 17 april here, Australia scored around 300 in 50 overs. Durban wicket is looking good too, but spinners will get help on most of the surfaces this time around because of the season end wear and tear and pitches are not so hard now after the season in SA and scoring 150 will be tough here as the wickets helping spinners a lot, like yesterday Ojha was turning the ball a lot, same happened in AUS-SA series when australians found playing Roelef van der marve' s left arm spin tough to play and they collapsed regularly in the middle overs against him, he was really turning the ball and i am very surprised after seeing that kind of turn in on South Africa pitches. I wonder if that has happened before in SA, at least i have not seen it.

Remember T2- WC 2007, that was start of the season and pitches were fresh and new, so we saw a lot of high scoring matches, but here all matches have been bowler dominated till now. There was not much help for spinners in 2007 T-20 world cup.