BRC: What should they do to Uthappa?

coffee_rules

At least Uthappa is keeping and am sure his batting is better than Goswami's. (or maybe not :) We need to get rid of Virat and Vinay Kumar as well. Bhuvanesh should be an ideal replacement for Vinay. Ryder needs to play every match as he is likely to bowl his 4 overs without giving too many runs. Steyn can be replaced by Van der Merwe. My team would be: Taylor, Akhil/Bishnoi, Ryder, RD, KP, Dhiman, Van der Merwe, Uthappa, Praveen Kumar, Kumble, Bhuvanesh Kumar.

Taylor, Ryder, Dravid, Van Der Merwe, Steyn form an excellent core.
I think you are giving Van Der Merwe too much credit by adding him to the core grp He has just played in 1 or 2 matches and basically closed his eyes and slogged, plus his bowling will be taken apart Watch this guy for sometime atleast on how he performs under pressure, then add to your BRC core team :winky:

I don't understand why Uthappa is playing and why we're not playing Van de Merwe - that guy played many awesome innings in the immediate recent past against Australia. Uthappa needs to go. I'd rather have Boucher playing. Don't play Kallis until he needs to. Ryder should come back at any cost. It is completely mindboggling that they would keep him out today and play Taylor, who neither contributed in the field nor with the bat. Steyn has been pretty disappointing, unfortunately. Hopefully, he can get some confidence back. Ryder, Boucher, Steyn, and Van De Merwe should play. But that would mean Pietersen can't. So I'd say rest Steyn for a game and see how Van De Merwe can do?

The team management is just insulting Dravid WTH is he coming at No:6 He is no slogger and match is almost over when he came in...what he should do, simply throw the bat and get out as others did seriously, Ray Jennings and KP are d1ckheads

The team management is just insulting Dravid WTH is he coming at No:6 He is no slogger and match is almost over when he came in...what he should do, simply throw the bat and get out as other did seriously, Ray Jennings and KP are d1ckheads
Yeah Dravid is coming too late. I don't want him to play at #3 or above. I'd rather have him coming in at #4 or #5 but no lower. Its pathetic that at best, he can play with Virat Kohli - who's still a kid.

At the very least not open with him - Dravid should open. He is in superb form and should try to bat as many overs as possible to build an innings.
Agree, Dravid should more time in the middle afterall he is our Best Batsman :eyedance:

kumble should become captain and uthappa did well last time in sa(20/20 wc). will be interesting to c how he shapes up in his new role as a wicket-keeper. he has been a wicket-keeper for karnataka & india u-19 in the past

No he is alrite. Kallis is the bigger liability. Taylor, Ryder, Dravid, Van Der Merwe, Steyn form an excellent core. Uthappa, Kohli can be relied upon to form partnerships with Ryder and Taylor. Pankaj Singh, AK, PK and ideally Dhiman would make an excellent team. F this shimit. I'm tired of them finding new ways to sodomise themselves. If they don't want to win, why should I care?
Kallis is not a liability - he's just played one game and he looked in great touch. Drop Taylor, play KP, Kallis, Steyn and van Merwe as 4 oversea players

Kallis is not a liability - he's just played one game and he looked in great touch. Drop Taylor, play KP, Kallis, Steyn and van Merwe as 4 oversea players
Dropping Kallis for Ryder is much better. But, either way KP will be gone an Ryder can come in then. However, the Indian contingent is seriously lacking.

Looks a very limited player to me. No great footwork or technique and doesn't appear to have to many shots either, apart from a big mouth. Mediocre T20 player at best but should be nowhere near the national team.
He is a very talented young player he is suited to these pitches as he showed in the world t20 they should persist with him as he will surely deliver.

He is a very talented young player he is suited to these pitches as he showed in the world t20 they should persist with him as he will surely deliver.
He dont have the attitude to bcome a good player.What he does is lift high and get out!!