How IPL can improve

Gambit

1. A tie is a tie is a tie. No Super over(except in knockouts) 2. Referrals 3. A lower divison/plate league with teams from smaller towns initially. Promote top 2 to IPL and demote lower 2 in IPL to the plate league. This gives a much needed incentive to owners/captains.

Smaller teams will have no interest and takers..my super league idea is better IMO This is not a conventional domestic series, the popularity is due to inclusion of big stars Regarding referrals - not enough overs or game time to justify it Tie is a Tie - thats good, split the pts

1. A tie is a tie is a tie. No Super over(except in knockouts) 2. Referrals 3. A lower divison/plate league with teams from smaller towns initially. Promote top 2 to IPL and demote lower 2 in IPL to the plate league. This gives a much needed incentive to owners/captains.
I like the 3rd. 1 lends excitement as a tie is a rare occurence and 2 takes too long... and T20 at least needs a little bit of old school charm..

very good points .... 4. Players should be able to break their contracts for a better offer after every session of IPL e.g. Players like Ojha, RP Singh, Y.Pathan, Nayyar, Kamran Khan deserve way more money than what they are getting right now....
I don't think it's upto the players. It's between the franchises. Players just can't go and auction themselves. I feel that players in the Indian team should only play for their local franchises and not other teams i.e. Veeru/GG should never leave Delhi, SRT Mumbai etc as having established Indian cricketers playing for their cities bolsters local fan base.

1. Super Over increases the excitement of the match and so it wont be right.. anyways hardly are there any draws in t20 .. so at least a Super Over excitement is needed in one or two matches 2. Takes too much time ... not advisable 3. But a lower team will not attract foreign players and IPL will be very boring without foreign players .. so that too is not acceptable. Instead of them I would advise that increase the number of foreign players to 5 instead of 4 and reduce the number of under-22 domestic players to 2 instead of 3.. there are one or two pathetic domestic under-22 players who have to be selected in the team just for the sake of the rule .. so at least reduce the under-22 restriction from 3 to 2 .. it would still leave 16 under-22 players from which we have a chance to get around 3-5 new talents every year

1. Super Over increases the excitement of the match and so it wont be right.. anyways hardly are there any draws in t20 .. so at least a Super Over excitement is needed in one or two matches 2. Takes too much time ... not advisable
saali copy karti hai :finger:

^^ Increase to 5 is good idea, why not, but but..means more auction and money - here lalit more moolah for u
There are already enough foreigners in the squad methinks. Also, problem is the players are picked blindly it seems. Other than RR, I see no one making an effort to find local talent. So, maybe this rule will force them to find new talent. I'm all for it.

I don't think it's upto the players. It's between the franchises. Players just can't go and auction themselves. I feel that players in the Indian team should only play for their local franchises and not other teams i.e. Veeru/GG should never leave Delhi' date=' SRT Mumbai etc as having established Indian cricketers playing for their cities bolsters local fan base.[/quote'] But RR franchise has been especially pathetic to have not increased YKP contract fees ... I also advise an increase of Warne fees as he is doing a dual role of captain and coach .. these two players are winning game single handedly for RR and the pathetic RR management have not increased their contracts even after their awesome performance last year .. YKP at least deserves $ 800K + .. they are paying Tyron Henderson $650K who is not playing or performing and YKP is paid a lame 30K who is winning them matches single handedly .. that is really pathetic to say the least

1. Super Over increases the excitement of the match and so it wont be right.. anyways hardly are there any draws in t20 .. so at least a Super Over excitement is needed in one or two matches
Super Over is long drawn and sort of sobers the spectator who has just witnessed a pulsating tie. It's like having Chutki after Ras Malai. Tie means that both teams were equally good and deserve to share points. It should be left at that.
2. Takes too much time ... not advisable
And the 7.5 min break doesn't? Given the amount of money floating around, umpiring mistakes have to be considerably minimised. Referrals will do just that.
3. But a lower team will not attract foreign players and IPL will be very boring without foreign players .. so that too is not acceptable. Instead of them I would advise that increase the number of foreign players to 5 instead of 4 and reduce the number of under-22 domestic players to 2 instead of 3.. there are one or two pathetic domestic under-22 players who have to be selected in the team just for the sake of the rule .. so at least reduce the under-22 restriction from 3 to 2 .. it would still leave 16 under-22 players from which we have a chance to get around 3-5 new talents every year
Let the plate league not attract players. Heck, let it not even be telecast except for the semis and finals. But having such a league will ensure that team performances won't just mean reduction in merchandise sales. It will mean a year of banishment from the spotlight and this will act as a big detterent leading to intense performances to avoid the dreaded 7th and 8th positions. As a consequence, team owners will reduce player salaries should their teams get relegated thereby making the IPL performance and not paisa oriented.

I don't think it's upto the players. It's between the franchises. Players just can't go and auction themselves. I feel that players in the Indian team should only play for their local franchises and not other teams i.e. Veeru/GG should never leave Delhi' date=' SRT Mumbai etc as having established Indian cricketers playing for their cities bolsters local fan base.[/quote'] ..thats means rohit etc come back for mumbai, dhawan goes back? good idea but what does Chennai, RR have..no local captain

Super Over is long drawn and sort of sobers the spectator who has just witnessed a pulsating tie. It's like having Chutki after Ras Malai. Tie means that both teams were equally good and deserve to share points. It should be left at that. And the 7.5 min break doesn't? Given the amount of money floating around, umpiring mistakes have to be considerably minimised. Referrals will do just that. Let the plate league not attract players. Heck, let it not even be telecast except for the semis and finals. But having such a league will ensure that team performances won't just mean reduction in merchandise sales. It will mean a year of banishment from the spotlight and this will act as a big detterent leading to intense performances to avoid the dreaded 7th and 8th positions. As a consequence, team owners will reduce player salaries should their teams get relegated thereby making the IPL performance and not paisa oriented.
Vow, thats a really stretching it...I am positive it will never fly by

1. :agree: In the game b/w RR and KKR I thot KKR deserved something frm the match especially for the way Ganguly batted. But this T20 is all excitement and those morons will stick with the super over rule. 2. :headshake: Too much time except if umpires like Terry Baxter are doing the "job". 3.:agree: Lower teams can attract foreign players like Sarwan, Chanders, etc and also players who are warming the bench like Colly, Shah, Ashraful to play for them on loan. It will be more competitive then.
I don't think it's upto the players. It's between the franchises. Players just can't go and auction themselves. I feel that players in the Indian team should only play for their local franchises and not other teams i.e. Veeru/GG should never leave Delhi' date=' SRT Mumbai etc as having established Indian cricketers playing for their cities bolsters local fan base.[/quote'] I think players should have a say. I dont think Dhawan was consulted, before he was sent packing to Mumbai, especially after a great season he had last time around. Apart from iconic players, I prefer rest of them swapping around.
3. Instead of them I would advise that increase the number of foreign players to 5 instead of 4 and reduce the number of under-22 domestic players to 2 instead of 3.. there are one or two pathetic domestic under-22 players who have to be selected in the team just for the sake of the rule .. so at least reduce the under-22 restriction from 3 to 2 .. it would still leave 16 under-22 players from which we have a chance to get around 3-5 new talents every year
I too wish to see 5 foreign players in the team.

Super Over is long drawn and sort of sobers the spectator who has just witnessed a pulsating tie. It's like having Chutki after Ras Malai. Tie means that both teams were equally good and deserve to share points. It should be left at that. Agree to some extent but still the RR vs KKR game was one of the best games of IPL 2 only because of Super Over And the 7.5 min break doesn't? Given the amount of money floating around, umpiring mistakes have to be considerably minimised. Referrals will do just that. Bhai nobody likes the 7.5 mins break .. but Modi is doing that for money as TRP has dropped a bit this year compared to IPL 1 .. and costs have also increased as it is held in SA .. so he has to do it Let the plate league not attract players. Heck, let it not even be telecast except for the semis and finals. But having such a league will ensure that team performances won't just mean reduction in merchandise sales. It will mean a year of banishment from the spotlight and this will act as a big detterent leading to intense performances to avoid the dreaded 7th and 8th positions. As a consequence, team owners will reduce player salaries should their teams get relegated thereby making the IPL performance and not paisa oriented. That would not bring money and without moolah this plate league will not be successful .. BCCI would not waste its time on a a small league when you are playing in billions of dollars