IPL - Total Lottery

goose

You cant see any differnce between cricket and coin tossing? One fineleg was enough. Now we have another one.
Gilly hitting sixes is exciting. Tendulkar playing immaculate forward defense is exciting. Steyn ripping out middle stump with a toe-crushing yorker is exciting. I'd rather witness these moments in a one-dayer or test match but T20 will certainly do. what you won't find me doing is getting excited about a lucky dip league followed by roulette knockout. or aching for one side to win every season. I can just about muster some support for Mumbai coz i want to see Tendulkar bat forever. even if it is an extra one or two games than the rest. woweeeeeee.

Wrong analogy. But taking your ill-conceived analogy further, I see you getting excited about tossing a coin with similar sides. Now that is worrying.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

you know i would like to continue this argument but its beyond pointless to have it against a few holdouts who dont matter-carry on without me.
who made you Lalit Modi? this isn't so much about the T20 format, more the IPL format. points congestion is all very exciting when you have say the top four gunning for top spot in a league of 20 sides (e.g. uk premiership) but 7 sides from 8 jostling for four is just silly. a single game can take you from the bottom half of the table to top spot. it's exhibition cricket. aspects of it are indeed exciting. watching Tendulkar walk onto a cricket pitch is always exciting. but let's recognize it for what it is.

Wrong analogy. But taking your ill-conceived analogy further, I see you getting excited about tossing a coin with similar sides. Now that is worrying.
when i toss, it's very exciting.

T20 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Test Cricket :reddy:
flamy.. bro im talking abt real cricket.... not just fun nd entertainment...... if u wanna see tough, one on one cricket, watch test.... if u wanna see ball flying everywhere, batsmen ***ng d bowlers, bowlers irritating batsmen in d last few overs, watch T20......... whr as in one day match... first 10 overs nd last 10 overs..... nd rest :dontknow:

what you won't find me doing is getting excited about a lucky dip league followed by roulette knockout. or aching for one side to win every season. I can just about muster some support for Mumbai coz i want to see Tendulkar bat forever. even if it is an extra one or two games than the rest. woweeeeeee.
Apart from tri series held in Aus, every single 3+ team ODI tournament follows the same format including WC and CT, so crib about format followed by world cricket in general dont just point at IPL

I cant see whats being argued here. Some dont like it and some others do. Those who dont like it will not watch it. Those who will. For those who dont like IPL, there are other sections like cricket talk. I dont like Golf. So I dont watch it. I dont go to a golf forum and crib about what a boring game it is.

i got bored last year itself seeing the too many murder of cricket 180+ scores. atleast this year, there have been only 3 scores of 180 or more in over 30 matches and tests > odis >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 20/20

i got bored last year itself seeing the too many murder of cricket 180+ scores. atleast this year, there have been only 3 scores of 180 or more in over 30 matches and tests > odis >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 20/20
Agree with that. T20 is like a computer game. Fun....but nothing serious.

no its not a lottery at all. The KKR's predicament was sucessfully predicted by me before t began. that some teams like MI and delhi are pretty strong is also evident. there is a lot of scope for reasonable predictions than it being a total lottery. the problem is some indian youngsters/first class players/discards(chopra,bangar,agarkar) are not so good ,some of them immature(kohli,jadeja,uthappa etc) and that decreases the quality less than international class. In a few years time, when kohli ,jadeja,goaswami expand their games , the tournament would be that much more exciting. The key would be to find and nurture indian talent apart from proper selction of foreign players at the right spots. certainly buys like mortaza and henderson are outright horrible and such poor selections didn't help the quality either.

wel said goose. bring back odis and i hope the next ipl is played in the 50-over format & not 20/20 20/20 sucks & it is murder of cricket
Making an joke or what, here we have come to a fundamental question on what is the cricket, is it entertainment or proper cricket, but to make an answer we need to really look at the market nowadays people need entertainment as well Also do you even watch a complete 50 over format, and you talk like a rebel who have nothing to do than be jealous and say it is a murder without facts
my guess is that IPL will get boring after 3-4 years..
Maybe this year because it is not in india which will not bring the passion, however it is really getting popular as more countries will know cricket by this and we do want cricket to be a global sport

Hang on......so according to some here we have to lap up everything IPL dishes out and praise it to the skies before we earn the right to posting on IPL or criticizing it. There are many different reasons one could be following or watching IPL. A lot of people watch it to see the domestic talent in action, a lot to because there is no other cricket going on at the time. Why is every criticism of IPL met with a if you don't like it, don't watch it attitude. If I don't see the point of playing 56 matches to eliminate 4 teams out of 8, then I should stop watching or following IPL? If I don't see the point of forcing the teams into a strategy break of 7.5 minutes in a 20 over innings, then I should stop watching IPL? If I don't like trundlers like Rohit Sharma and Yuvraj getting hatricks when Ishant and Zaheer get clobbered, then I should stop watching IPL? Talk about fanaticism and blind following!