IPL Spreadbet League - Closing Ceremony !

goose

Pls specify the price you're trading at for completeness. So you want to buy RR - the offer is 53pts. You want to sell DC - the current bid is 49pts. See pts markets in blue at top of OP. Your bets have been added. Avoid talking in terms of runners-up etc - strictly speaking you're betting RR finish above 53pts.
Ya thats wat i meant.wanna buy RR at current price 53 pts n sell DC at 49.thanx

goose' date=' I thought one had $100K in his/her kitty as the maximum total amount to bid or is it 100K per bid?[/quote'] i scrapped the intial $100k kitty - everyone starts with zero. i also scrapped the maximum loss. the only constraint is max single bet size is $100k. of course you can come back minutes later and accumulate several $100k on one bet but the idea is that i as market-maker will have an opportunity to move my price before you decide to add.

nope .. you can bet 100K max on each point .. its for each point and not total
correct there is no kitty - i scrapped that. bet as much and as often as you want. max bet size for each trade is $100k.

I will buy CSK @ 57 @ 3K per point and RR @ 50 @2K per point. Is that correct, Goose?
Not quite - when you buy a side's points i.e back them, you must trade at the higher of the two prices given. so in this case 61 for CSK and 54 for RR - you want to do that? drop me a line here and i'll add you to list before 2moro's games Think about buying and selling anything in life - e.g you tend to have to buy a car a bit higher then where you could sell to a dealer. In theory i've made the perfect price in CSK at 57-61 and i attract punters willing to sell at 57 and punters willing to buy at 61 leaving me with a handsome 4pt profit in the middle without taking any risk...that's the idea. Of course my prices are only my opinions and it's your job to identify opportunities to buy and sell.

goose' date=' everyday we have to place a new bet? i mean the best tht i had placed yday(b4 Mumbai's match) becomes void now ??[/quote'] Yup, good question, what if i want to make bet void, should i have to bet against it with the same amount?

Yup' date=' good question, what if i want to make bet void, should i have to bet against it with the same amount?[/quote'] Yes very good question.Your bets are not void, they stand forever, but of course you can trade in opposite direction in same size as Shane says, to close the bet and naturally that may well have to be at a different price. Try this - imagine you're trading shares - 8 different shares. You don't like the Mumbai share price so you sell Mumbai shares at 47. Then Mumbai lloses to Deccan, Mumbai shares fall to 44, so you make money. You can buy back at 44, or you can hope they keep fallling, or you can even add and sell some more at 44! Hope that makes sense - remember you're trading shares. I set the rules and the markets. The cricket matches provide the economic data ! Look at Lord's bet history. He sold DC in 15k per pt, then watched them win and decided to buy them at $30k per pt albeit at higher price. He is now net long $15k DC shares after cutting his losses and turning his bet strategy right round.