IPL Spreadbet League - Closing Ceremony !

goose

the OP has evolved over a few days so perhaps give it a once over now - the faq will sort you out. u sound like the one with the bizniz nouse! since i'm the one setting the markets, and they reflect my read on the sides, any tips offered by myself would be an admission i have my prices wrong! let me have a think....

I mean, its not the money its the thrill and betting on something right. I am crazy and impuslve when it comes to things like these..i go against all odds but I somehow get lucky But since this is all virtual, why not have virtual commission, just tell me what I should do and u make some

here's something to think about. why dont you buy CSK at 64 and buy RR at 61. at the same time hedge your bets by selling the Aiye Aiye Captain Performance Index at 110 coz the captains of CSK and RR are going to be the ones to supply the wkts, catches, and stumpings. get your sizes per point right and there should be an opportunity there to virtually guarantee a profit. Buy CSK $50k per pt at 64 Buy RR $50k per pt at 61 Sell Capt Perf Index $25k per pt at 110. i have to take other side of these bets so a % commission will not work ! tell you what i'll charge you nothing this time. shall i add above bets your your card?

ok will add. is there a way i can take control of main title to this thread? e.g to advertise new additions/innovations. want to change to ... IPL SPREAD-BETTING LEAGUE - Delhi Daredevils v. Mumbai Indians - BET EXTRAVAGANZA ADDED !!!

ok will add. is there a way i can take control of main title to this thread? e.g to advertise new additions/innovations. want to change to ... IPL SPREAD-BETTING LEAGUE - Delhi Daredevils v. Mumbai Indians - BET EXTRAVAGANZA ADDED !!!
Not aware of how to enable that on a per-thread basis goose.. some mod will have to do the title change for you.

Gambit good question. Based on latest markets you are down -$185,000. Here's why... You sold RCB at 37 in $25k per point. To close that trade you'd have to buy at current price 46 so your profit and loss is (37 minus 46) times 25k = -$225k. You sold KPXI at 49 in $40k per point. To close that trade you'd have to buy at current price of 48 so your profit and loss is (49 minus 48) times 40k = +$40k. Add these two together and you have -$185k. -185k is just a measure of where you are valued right now given current markets - you haven't necessarily lost that money yet. Example - if you sold Satyam shares coz you thought they were going bust but the next day the share price actually went up your stockbroker would send you a statement saying you were down right? But your trades are still open and Satyam might still go bust and you could still clean up. Or you could lose your bottle and buy them back higher and guarantee a small loss...etc. If RCB and KPXI dont make the semis they will settle at 25 each and you'll make money. In the meantime the markets have moved against but they are only MY markets and I might have them wrong. So if you are convinced RCB are not making the semis then go ahead and sell some more at 42! Hope that helps. You are now responsible for explaining that to everyone on this site !
Thanks for that goose! :top:

Sell Delhi Daredevils @67@ 40k N What Is This Aiye Aiye Captain Thing?pls Explain
added. check OP for Aiye Aiye Captain bet details. i notice from other thread you predict 190. since my market is currently 130-150 you should be buying from me at 150. how many $k per point would you like?

added. check OP for Aiye Aiye Captain bet details. i notice from other thread you predict 190. since my market is currently 130-150 you should be buying from me at 150. how many per point would you like?
50 K. would i win only if i am spot on?

50 K. would i win only if i am spot on?
no - that's the beauty of spread-betting. the higher the index settles at the more you make - $50k per point over 140 in your case. of course the lower it settles below 140 the more you lose too ! added.

no - that's the beauty of spread-betting. the higher the index settles at the more you make - $50k per point over 140 in your case. of course the lower it settles below 140 the more you lose too ! added.
140 what's 140? my prediction was 190

140 what's 140? my prediction was 190
sry 150 i mean. forget your prediction. you have BOUGHT AT 150 coz you're betting it will be higher. i know that coz you said 190 in other thread. anything above 150 will make you money. make sense?

Sorry Goose i am connected from my phone, cant tell the prices from the first page, Buy Mumbai @ 20k I have given up on Deccan Buy Deccan @ 20k
SHANE BOUGHT BANGALORE AT 37 in $75k per point SOLD DECCAN AT 46 in $5k per point. SOLD DECCAN AT 51 in $15k per point. BOUGHT DECCAN AT 60 in $20k per point. BOUGHT MUMBAI AT 40 in $20k per point.