IPL Spreadbet League - Closing Ceremony !

goose

Sure you can Desi Cartman. - in fact you have a couple of bets open already - check the Bet History at bottom of OP. You bought Delhi at 58 and Chennai at 56, both currently valued at 68 as per the latest Win Index markets, so you've done well although you didn't stake much size. Why don't you place some more Win Index bets? You can place additional bets on any side, in any direction, in any size up to maximum $100k per point. Another fun market is the Aiye Aiye Captain bet. Based on following rules - 1run=1pt; 1wkt =10pts; catch=10pts; stumping=25pts, what do you predict the total performance points to be by the captains in the knockout stages of this IPL ?

Sure you can Desi Cartman. - in fact you have a couple of bets open already - check the Bet History at bottom of OP. You bought Delhi at 58 and Chennai at 56, both currently valued at 68 as per the latest Win Index markets, so you've done well although you didn't stake much size. Why don't you place some more Win Index bets? You can place additional bets on any side, in any direction, in any size up to maximum $100k per point. Another fun market is the Aiye Aiye Captain bet. Based on following rules - 1run=1pt; 1wkt =10pts; catch=10pts; stumping=25pts, what do you predict the total performance points to be by the captains in the knockout stages of this IPL ?
Thanks .. but how is win Index bet different then the normal bet ?

that's called fixed odds betting - that allows you to bet on a side either winning or losing a particular game, for example. your pay-out is binary - based on one of two outcomes. spread-betting on the outcome of a game allows you to win/lose more based on the actual margin of victory. so it's not just about betting a team will win, but will win by more than x...or lose by more than y. I think you should have a go with the Win Margin bet on Match 50.

Goose, I would like to 'sell' these shares of mine - GAMBIT SOLD BANGALORE AT 37 in $25k per point. SOLD PUNJAB AT 49 in $40k per point. and exit with $425,000.
Not sure where you got $425,000 from - perhaps that was the the amount against your name yesterday, while the matches were in-play. Unfortunately betting on Win Index is closed from the start of the first match till the end of the second match. I normally aim to refresh the markets an hour or so after the last game of the day. Yesterday's results went against you. To close your bets you would need to buy Bangalore and buy Punjab. Based on current Win Index markets you'd have to buy at 44 and 53, thus realizing your current loss. Confused? Drop me a line if so.

Goose, can I close my free punjab bet by selling it at at 49? I don't see the points from it included in mine. Is it cause it was a free bet?
Yoda - you can sell Punjab at 51 right now if you wish. The pay-out profile is interesting due to the free bet which complicates things a little. If Punjab fail to qualify and settle at 25 you would make 26 pts on above bet and free bet would be voided. If Punjab qualify you are guaranteed a profit of only 16 pts regardless of how they perform in the semi-finals.

Added. HAHA ! Could still go your way if Bangalore and Rajasthan qualify. Why don't you have a flutter on the Win Margin for Match 52. Total Byes is a lottery - should be looked at as a bit of fun to compliment your core risk !

Why don't you have a flutter on the Win Margin for Match 52. Total Byes is a lottery - should be looked at as a bit of fun to compliment your core risk !
Ill drop in 15 min before the game for that one, need to know which side is batting.