Jean Paul Duminy is not a good finisher

gaurav92

:two_thumbs_up: With Mumbai Indians needing someone to stay there till the very end....its not quite happening in this edition of IPL so far....some might say that only Duminy's willow in the middle order is firing consistently...but IMO its not Duminy who can do the job alone.....he needs some support from other players as well But I think DUMINY scored 52(48) alright but it was not the kind of knock Mumbai needed... we needed duminy to play a safe game early on and when the target difference or simply the run rate bounces upto 9 he mustnt be afraid to play the big shots...he didnt do that but he turned on the strike everytime and got to his fifty putting mumbai's chances of winning in the gamble..... m not saying that he washed away mumbai's chances of winnng but m just pointing out as a :mi: supporter where duminy has to improve... he should not leave the hitting to the final 2-3 overs as at that time under pressure u cant strike the ball as easily as u can at some previous stage.... JP is a key player for us and needs to play the anchor role as well as play the big shots whenever the run rate req. climbs up to keep up the pace with the run rate...they should not get bocked down by the fall of wickets :two_thumbs_up: :two_thumbs_up: :two_thumbs_up: :two_thumbs_up: :two_thumbs_up:

Duminy is too raw. He hasnt grasped what his role is fully. The reason Pinal shah went for that wild slog was because JP had 3 dot balls in that over and then took a single. It was the same thing in the earlier game.
the game against poonjab :kxip: that :mi: lost....:agree: yes that was again a duminy failure

Thats a dumb comment to make considering how Duminy has done better than all of the above.
if u go by stats thats alright but if u go by the way duminy has played in tuff situations i dont think he played that well...he was sort of ok ok

Um' date=' if MI haven't lost by bigger margins, its because of Duminy. [b']I think he's their best human batsman - he's been consistent and has tried in every single game.
:cantstop: What about the KKR game at East London? DUminy has played his part on most occasions, Nayar is the one along with Bravo(other than the RCB game) who have been off color, in the last few games

Nayar is a good player - What has been happening for MI is that the top two are not giving us the start we need. That leaves the burden of scoring almost entire runs on the middle order. This puts way more pressure on them and in an effort to slog - they throw away their wicket. Duminy has scored 50+ in 3 games. These would have been sufficient - if the TOP order would have scored. We definitely need reshuffling of batting - to have stability in the middle order.

Duminy is the most consistent MI batsmen and I dont know how n00bs think he is not a good finisher .. what can he do when wickets at the other end choke and crumble .. he has been even better than Sachin and Jaya in this tournament if I take into consideration that he is in the middle order and has got a lot more pressure than the openers as he is the middle order mainstay noob.jpg