IPL Points Table - Road to the Semis

ludhianvi

KXIP - Delhi, Deccans, Chennai Bangalore - Chennai, Delhi, Deccans Mumbai - Rajasthan, Chennai, Delhi Rajasthan - Mumbai, Delhi, KKR All the four above have their tasks cut out. I think RR has to be the favorites now. Rajastan is capable of beating both Mumbai and KRR. As for BRC, they can probably win another one at the most. Mumbai can lose all the three. They seem to struggle under pressure. Punjab can kiss goodbye their chance of making it to the semis unless Yuvi comes up with some freakish innings. I had predicted DC, CSK, DD and BRC to go through. At least I have got the three predictions right I'd presume.

Mumbai and Bangalore are on the up and can claim the 4th spot. The advantage Mumbai has is their Net Run Rate. With today's loss Punjab have their work cut out for them. Win the last 3 games and they'll probably make the semis, otherwise they'll going home early this season. KXIP packed their lineup with batsmen and this was probably their strongest batting lineup and yet they failed to convert the start offered by Sunny Sohal, who seems to be an exciting player. Apart from the freakish runouts, the spinners really turned the game for Mumbai and the first over by Harbhajan really set the tone for the rest of the innings. The added pressure of batting first in the second match gets to the team as they start to put up a similar total as the first game.

Its incredible to think, with just a week left in the qualifying stages, 7 out of the 8 teams have realistic chances of making it to the semis. It will become even more interesting if CSK lose their next match. They have won 5 in a row but at some point, the law of averages will have to catch up with them. For all their apparent dominance and strength, Chennai has won just one extra match more than all of Punjab, Rajasthan, Mumbai and Blore. So, a set of two sets of matches involving these 4 teams could completely turn things around. Remarkbly, Delhi has lost just 2 of their 10 matches, even though their star-cast of Viru and GG have done little of note. Whats also interesting is that the two teams who have played the least number of matches are the top of the table.

KXIP has matches against the four strongest teams in the remaining matches - DD, CSK, DC and MI KXIP seems to have the least chances of making it to the semis alongside KKR MI and BRC will have to fight hard but it seems DC and RR will make it into the semis
You can compare the other team's upcoming matches and you will understand what I am saying Delhi - Deccan Chargers, KXIP, Rajasthan, BRC, Mumbai (99% sure for semis) Chennai - BRC, Mumbai, KKR, KXIP (90% sure for semis) Rajasthan - Deccan Chargers, Mumbai, Delhi, KKR (KKR is an easy game there) Deccans - Rajasthan, Delhi, KKR, KXIP, BRC (KKR, BRC, KXIP are reasonable) KXIP - Mumbai, Delhi, Deccans, Chennai (all four are tough games) Bangalore - KKR, Chennai, Delhi, Deccans (KKR is an easy one) Mumbai - KXIP, Rajasthan, Chennai, Delhi (all games are quite difficult for them too) Kolkata - BRC, Deccans, Chennai, Rajasthan (99% surely out of semis) So, Mumbai and KXIP are facing tough games as compared to the others Deccans have the best chance as their upcoming games are not too tough and they have played lesser matches too. The fourth spot will be competition but RR seems to have an edge. They also have more points than the others.
DC have a lot better chance than even RR ... DC have the easiest opponents and yet to play the most number of matches .. I will predict a surity for DC in the semis The fourth spot might be competition between RR and KXIP but RR should be able to make it to the semis if they give good fight
My predictions are almost perfect .. DD, CSK, DC and RR seems to be the four teams heading for the semis :bow:

So is it DD' date=' RR, CSK and BRC now?[/quote'] I think DD, CSK, DC and RR would make more sense.. RR and DC have easier opponents than the othes and also have higher points and so I would expect them to have a better chance than BRC or KXIP