Soo....which team u guys supporting?

Guest Gunner
And you guys think you have captain problems with Dhoni...???!!! Just imagine if you had Collingwood... Definitely at the back of the queue when they were handing out brain cells :doh:
You will have to say the same about Strauss old chap when you get your asses handed to you in the ashes by the "rancid" Australians as you so quaintly put earlier.:cantstop::cantstop:

Although I like couple of players in Pakistan, I just can't stand them. Unfortunately Akthar, Asif, Afridi (pitch dancing), the Mumbai attack, their hand in terrorism and a lot other reasons just doesn't allow me to support them. I really used to watch them a lot in the late 80s and 90s though. I really used to rate them then and enjoy their brand of cricket. For the WC, I don't mind SL (nice blokes, natural cricketers) and WI (the best cricket professionals going around, they don't show any aura or arrogance) are likable characters. They are so nice to the net bowlers and wonderful to talk to.

Guest Gunner
Although I like couple of players in Pakistan, I just can't stand them. Unfortunately Akthar, Asif, Afridi (pitch dancing), the Mumbai attack, their hand in terrorism and a lot other reasons just doesn't allow me to support them. I really used to watch them a lot in the late 80s and 90s though. I really used to rate them then and enjoy their brand of cricket. For the WC, I don't mind SL (nice blokes, natural cricketers) and WI (the best cricket professionals going around, they don't show any aura or arrogance) are likable characters. They are so nice to the net bowlers and wonderful to talk to.
The windies from all I have read about them have always been wonderful blokes. Even at the peak of their powers in the late 70s and 80s, they never showed arrogance or sledged their opponents. The WI bowlers never spoke to an opposition batsman, a glare was ample. This is why many English cricketers were great friends with the WIndies players. Ian Botham famously refused to go to Apartheid SA saying he wouldn't be able to look Viv in the eyes. Now thats respect.
The windies from all I have read about them have always been wonderful blokes. Even at the peak of their powers in the late 70s and 80s' date=' they never showed arrogance or sledged their opponents. The WI bowlers never spoke to an opposition batsman, a glare was ample. This is why many English cricketers were great friends with the WIndies players. Ian Botham famously refused to go to Apartheid SA saying he wouldn't be able to look Viv in the eyes. Now thats respect.[/quote'] That is plain old fashion romanticised revisionism. A WI bowler smashed the stumps down in dissent. Another one barged into the umpire. In the past, Lloyd instructed his bowlers to injure/maim/kill the opposition batsman showing scant respect for the game and it's laws. He also asked them to bowl bouncers 5 feet above the batsmen to deny the other team victory. They were hardly angels.
Guest Gunner
That is plain old fashion romanticised revisionism. A WI bowler smashed the stumps down in dissent. Another one barged into the umpire. In the past' date=' Lloyd instructed his bowlers to injure/maim/kill the opposition batsman showing scant respect for the game and it's laws. He also asked them to bowl bouncers 5 feet above the batsmen to deny the other team victory. They were hardly angels.[/quote'] Michael Holding smashing down the stumps was an act even he regretted. Colin croft was a particularly nasty peice of work who was uncontrollable and hardly played 30 tests for his country. If you look at the true WI greats who played for the country for a sustained period of time, no one had a particularly bad reputation for sledging etc. As far as the bouncing the other team goes, this was within the permissible extent of the law at that time. The bouncer rule did not exist and bowlers were allowed to bowl as many as they wanted. I am not sure about the intent to injure/maime/kill part. Of course there were a couple of occassions when the lads got carried away and compromised line and length in the quest for pace. :P

Sri Lanka or West Indies. Now Sri Lanka is made up of cricketers whose ancestors came from modern day Bengal Orissa - so theyre Indian. There are quite a few Indo West Indians in their team plus when Gondwana existed the island called India shared a lot of flora and fauna with Africa which is where most of the Black West Indians come from. So all in all theyre Indian in some way or another.:--D Ahem except the Paks.

zubin' date=' why so much SL hatin?[/quote'] i hate them with a passion.. it all started in 96 WC.. they have given us some unforgettable thrashings.. :((. me thinks they r overrated.. perfect home track bulllies.. and pussies outside... for pak I dont have any such bitter experiences..
i hate them with a passion.. it all started in 96 WC.. they have given us some unforgettable thrashings.. :((. me thinks they r overrated.. perfect home track bulllies.. and pussies outside... for pak I dont have any such bitter experiences..
U must be kidding
i hate them with a passion.. it all started in 96 WC.. they have given us some unforgettable thrashings.. :((. me thinks they r overrated.. perfect home track bulllies.. and pussies outside... for pak I dont have any such bitter experiences..
poda naaye....