Safety First Approach sucks in T20

If you look at the pattern, teams that decided consolidate in the middle failed to cross the finish line. Today was another classic example where sustained acceleration was the order of the day, this "consolidation crap" by SA left them too much to do. West Indies also did that till the end. But our bowlers were generous enough to concede 41 runs in the last 2.4 overs. If you are up against a team that has decent bowling attack best way to chase is sustain the acceleration beyond the first 6 overs.

darna maana hai in t20-there is no such thing as consolidation in t20.the RR creeps up on you in no time and before you realize it is 12-13 an over.you cannot let overs go by without actually looking to score boundaries.kallis and JP were responsible for this where they were happy to get a run a ball and it was not enough.

That's the approach we used in the first WC
I think Sehwag and Gambhir provided some blazing starts then. Also India chased only once in the last T20. We defended targets in almost all the matches. When you are chasing if you leave it till the end you risk a lot. You put lot of pressure on Yuvraj and Yusuf to finish the job for you.

basically both, kallis and jp, are with that mind set.. to save wickets and attack at the end.. if they had ABDV in at one of their ends, they would have scored with better RR.. if you think about IPL games, JP played around other guys for mumbai and kallis did same with banglaore after initial 6 overs.. unfortunatly for SA that both players got stuck with each other.. with no one is going for big shots..

Narrowing it down to the Indian batting line up the plan should always be to have Yuvraj in at least by the 8-10 over mark and Pathan by the 14-16th over mark. If they fail, fine - you are not going to win a T20 without a significant contribution from Sehwag, Yuvraj, or Pathan most of the times anyways.

yes wickets are pretty much useless in twenty20. SA panicked in the middle overs. When Khallis tried to launch Azmal it was too little too late. I think as more international twenty20 is played teams will adjust themselves. Also, I want ICL and IPL to be banned completely. Seriously, who watches those stuff?

Guest gaurav_indian
yes wickets are pretty much useless in twenty20. SA panicked in the middle overs. When Khallis tried to launch Azmal it was too little too late. I think as more international twenty20 is played teams will adjust themselves. Also' date=' I want ICL and IPL to be banned completely.[b'] Seriously, who watches those stuff?
Your neighbour country India.:hatsoff:

ipl is not bad....but after enjoying it first season...i was offended and upset by rejecting pakistan players. so i still tryed watching it but never really sat through it or planed on watching cuz a pakistani player was playing. i loved rajastan team in ipl 1 because they had sohail tanveer and nightriders.....i hope the bring the pakistan players back....pakistan has a huge cricket loving population and ipl should not ignore it, they should fight for it, even if the stupid governments try to stop it.

ipl is not bad....but after enjoying it first season...i was offended and upset by rejecting pakistan players. so i still tryed watching it but never really sat through it or planed on watching cuz a pakistani player was playing. i loved rajastan team in ipl 1 because they had sohail tanveer and nightriders.....i hope the bring the pakistan players back....pakistan has a huge cricket loving population and ipl should not ignore it, they should fight for it, even if the stupid governments try to stop it.

Guest gaurav_indian
ipl is not bad....but after enjoying it first season...i was offended and upset by rejecting pakistan players. so i still tryed watching it but never really sat through it or planed on watching cuz a pakistani player was playing. i loved rajastan team in ipl 1 because they had sohail tanveer and nightriders.....i hope the bring the pakistan players back....pakistan has a huge cricket loving population and ipl should not ignore it' date=' they should fight for it, even if the stupid governments try to stop it.[/quote'] After the kind of performance Afridi and Gul gave in this WC.They will be in demand in next IPL if PCB allows pakistan players to play in it.
Yes in T20 every team should opt for singles plus a boundary in every over while chasing .Anyway it isstupid to keep all the wickets in hand and try to hit at the last moment .
plus i have noticed that bowlers have perfected the art of death overs.....they dont give away anything....best chance at raising run rate is to get a good start, keep wickets in hand and do well in mid overs...but ofcourse its easier said than done.

Today i watched women's cricket. England vs Australia. England was chasing 164. England was in no position to win after 6 overs with 2 of their openers gone. Boy.. what a partnership afterwards. They added 122 in 12.2 overs. They didn't stop for one second. Sustained acceleration. It was refreshing to see after watching some of the batters in men's team played this "consolidation crap" in the middle overs.