The more you feed them, the more they come back and bite you

Rajiv

Ladies and Gentleman - Mr. Popeye http://www.rediff.com/cricket/report/2009/jun/17/icl-is-low-standard-cricket-says-razzaq.htm ICL is low standard cricket, says Razzaq Back in the national side after snapping ties with the ICL, Pakistan allrounder Abdul Razzaq [ Images ] said he had a torrid time adjusting to mainstream cricket after playing in the "low standard" rebel League. "It wasn't easy getting back into international cricket after a long absence. This is the highest standards of cricket being played in the world and playing in the ICL and its low standards of cricket, it needs a great deal of mental adjustment," Razzaq told the Dawn newspaper in London [ Images ]. Razzaq made a successful comeback to the Pakistan side taking two wickets after he rushed to England [ Images ] as a replacement for injured pacer Yasir Arafat. However, the allrounder is not satisfied with his performance and said he had set high standards for himself and blamed the ICL for making things difficult. Razzaq said he had breathed a sigh of relief after quitting the ICL last month. Razzaq, Mohammad Yousuf [ Images ], Rana Naved and Imran Nazir [ Images ] have all quit the ICL and the PCB has already got clearance from the ICC [ Images ] to draft back the first three into the national team. Yousuf and Naved are expected to join Razzaq in the national team for the coming tour of Sri Lanka [ Images ] from June 27. "I think I still need two to three weeks to get up to the standards of international cricket," Razzaq said. His comments about the ICL would come as a surprise since he was the first Pakistani player to join the rebel league in 2007 after he was dropped from the Pakistan team for the first T20 World Cup in South Africa [ Images ]. Sources said the bitterness of Razzaq and some of the other players was also due to the fact that the ICL organizers had not cleared their dues and the future of the league now looked bleak. Razzaq also said his stints with Surrey and Middlesex in recent years have helped him to get back into international cricket and perform at the Oval. "I have played a lot at the Oval before and it helped me immensely. I was able to also give input in the team meeting on the type of pitch, the outfield and the conditions and I think it helped me a great deal to have that background information," he said.

Guest Hiten.

Someone has to make him understand that not the league but the players who participate in the league sets its standard. How can he blame ICL for his downfall ? They never forced him to join the league, they just flashed some $$'s and he grabbed onto it with both the hands. He left Pak national team because "he was unjustly left out of the T20 WC squad". Nothing can justify a player joining a rebellion league based on ONE case of being left out of the squad. Had razzaq labored hard in the domestic circuit and was ignored without being given a single game in Pak team he would have been justified in playing ICL. Badrinath could have easily joined ICL and made instant money but he hung onto performing in domestic circuit, got picked in IPL and fared reasonably well. Now, that's dedication towards playing for your country, Mr. Razzaq. You low life ****ing scum.

Piece of sh*t pocketed all that money and that diamond ball...and look at the scum ( most of them are anyways Should have kicked them out after 26/11 anyways seriously, its just not those cricketers..they are all messed up Blame our idiots, should have tortured them

Guest Hiten.

If he really thinks ICL was that badly managed I would certainly like to hear his opinion about PCB. He has to remember one thing that ICL was established amidst all the chaos and rejected by world's richest board (BCCI). They did exceedingly well in making a ground out of a 'maidan' in Chandigarh and the players' who participated in ICL played professionaly. Sure the cricket's quality was not up to the top notch level but what do you expect out of bunch of rejected lots. At least they tried their best. Wasn't Razzaq involved in a spat with Naved after he was dismissed by him? As I said not the league; players' who participate in the league set its standard :winky:

Kick the remaining beggars out of the ICL. For a few weeks work, they pocket throusands of dollars, almost as much as an international cricketer earns in an entire year. And how do they show their gratitude ? Oh the ICL is this, circus is that, blah blah blah Triumph of human spirit, in the face of adversity, yadda yadda yadda. I hope they ****ing lose in another gut wrenching loss Backstabbers of the highest kind. I have nothing but hate and dislike for them

off course.... what do you expect?? It's like those pakistani celebs who earn money in India then as soon as they go back...they start bad mouthing bollywood and India but it's amazing to see the support Team Pakistan has from few Indian posters on ICF

hah...don't know what is really wrong in what he said. IPL and ICL are nowhere near international standard. People don't take games seriously in those mickey mouse tournaments, they just play to make good bugs and I doubt if any international player really cares about the result, whether they win or lose, as long as they are making money. For e.g. Pietersen, Symonds, etc. b/w not too long ago many ICFers used to mud mouth about ICL too, so where did this love for it came from all of a sudden? Your own badmash board BCCI has treated ICL like sh*t, so why its touching your nerves now?

off course.... what do you expect?? It's like those pakistani celebs who earn money in India then as soon as they go back...they start bad mouthing bollywood and India but it's amazing to see the support Team Pakistan has from few Indian posters on ICF
No Indian will support Pak and vice versa - if u see otherwise, it's all to portray urself as a good person on the net..
hah...don't know what is really wrong in what he said. IPL and ICL are nowhere near international standard. People don't take games seriously in those mickey mouse tournaments, they just play to make good bugs and I doubt if any international player really cares about the result, whether they win or lose, as long as they are making money. For e.g. Pietersen, Symonds, etc. b/w not too long ago many ICFers used to mud mouth about ICL too, so where did this love for it came from all of a sudden? Your own badmash board BCCI has treated ICL like sh*t, so why its touching your nerves now?
YES, the 1st customer - pyarelal - if it wasn't for ICL and Razzaqs hitting there - PCB wouldn't even spit on him..u want to be reminded how PCB played good cop bad cop with BCCI on ICL What mud abt ICL ? it was a separate board and AFAIK no one bothered abt it..infact many blamed BCCI for bullying ICL Its shameful that the league which brought fame to the once forgotten player is being *****ed at, but again - there is a art of being diplomatic in ur words
YES, the 1st customer - pyarelal - if it wasn't for ICL and Razzaqs hitting there - PCB wouldn't even spit on him..u want to be reminded how PCB played good cop bad cop with BCCI on ICL What mud abt ICL ? it was a separate board and AFAIK no one bothered abt it..infact many blamed BCCI for bullying ICL Its shameful that the league which brought fame to the once forgotten player is being *****ed at, but again - there is a art of being diplomatic in ur words
All he said was it's quality is lower in front of international cricket. He didn't call it to ban it, destroy it etc etc how BCCI did. Can't really see what is wrong in his statement? Quality difference of league games and international cricket is pretty obvious to everyone.
this article is few days old though....wonder why this article popped up so late just before the final game. :winky:
dude you gotta agree with Rajiv.... remember why Razzaq first joined ICL?? how badly he was mistreated by PCB? He was picked up by ICL and he earned a lot and he was not forgotten... how can he just forget all that and bad mouth ICL just because he has been allowed to be back.

Its a case of destroying the hand that rocked the cradle - if he didn't have anything good to say about it, he shouldn't have brought it down..for a experienced audience, even a a 10 year knows that International Cricket is the peak of all, but something which fed you and showcased ur talent so much so that ur own board invited u back is being talked down upon From our standpoint, its shameful to see terrorism from ur part of the world and upon that we feed ur countrymen You will obviously hate a fact like this, thus thread being for Indians only..but most welcome to participate