Deaths mar Pakistan celebrations

Feed

Two people were killed and several others injured by gunfire as Pakistan celebrated their ICC World Twenty20 victory. More... Two people were killed and several others injured by gunfire as Pakistan celebrated their ICC World Twenty20 victory. Thousands poured onto the streets in Pakistan's towns and cities and shots were fired in celebration soon after Younus Khan's side secured an eight-wicket win over Sri Lanka in the final at Lord's. A 10-year-old girl and a young male were accidentally killed in the shooting, the Dawn reported. The girl was watching the celebrations from an upper floor balcony in Nazimabad when she was struck by bullets. She died immediately. A young man was similarly injured near Safoora Chowk and was rushed to a nearby government hospital where he was declared dead. Government hospitals in Pakistan admitted several others with gunshot wounds, the report added.

Laws in Pakistan, Ravi? Not to get political, but it's a country that's disintegrating. Terrorists are regularly aided and abetted - heck, often come about from splinter organizations from the government and nutjob Islamic lunatics. People barely have stable electricity or water in a lot of areas. Gun laws there are a long way off.

Thousands poured onto the streets in Pakistan's towns and cities and shots were fired in celebration soon after Younus Khan's side secured an eight-wicket win over Sri Lanka in the final at Lord's.
WTF is wrong with these people ? Who celebrates sporting victories with bullets and AK-47's ? Weren't Sri Lankans also welcomed with guns and grenades ? Was that done in moments of celebration as well ?
well they got all those ammunition and guns lying around being useless...
so what? all countries do including england where as long as you have a license its ok to possess a gun using it in a completely inappropriate context on the other hand is not acceptable by any means!! let off some fireworks have street party cook some pakore or distribute mithai etc but firing guns? thats out of order! i hope this guy gets some fat ass sentence but i bet he wont!
so what? all countries do including england where as long as you have a license its ok to possess a gun using it in a completely inappropriate context on the other hand is not acceptable by any means!! let off some fireworks have street party cook some pakore or distribute mithai etc but firing guns? thats out of order! i hope this guy gets some fat ass sentence but i bet he wont!
Well, thats the difference I guess.:secret: