Ishant's growth as a bowler

has been rather disappointing. Since the Australia series last year in October, its only been some 8 months but he's shown little changes in his deliveries in the LOI version of the game. I thought he was rather ordinary in New Zealand too. I think a rest should be given along with some more coaching/training. We don't want him to become the Monty Panesar version of a fast bowler, who refuses to grow.

come on give him a break ; while the world has been analyzing him' date=' poor chap has been playing nonstop cricket, plus bowling for KKR was no joy[/quote'] Agreed. But still, the others have been playing too, and they have developed some strategy that does not involve bowling short on middle and off, or middle and leg, or outside leg or outside off. Perhaps the mental fatigue has not helped him think clearly about the situation? I don't know but it just seems that there's not enough variation he's showing. I have no doubts that he has the skill to do it, but rather disappointed with the results this time around. Maybe all he does need is a good rest, but I'd feel better if he also worked on his bowling some more.

He was never a decent one day bowler. He is never going to become one. He is very good at bowling length balls. That is the kind of balls batsmen look for in shorter formats. He is neither good at bowling bouncers nor yorkers. He should be confined to Tests. He is only 20. He should be allowed to grow there instead of abusing him in every format and making him into an useless entity.

I don't know why you keep saying that. He was terrific in Australia in CB Series. Even in the series against Sri Lanka earlier this year' date=' he was not nearly as bad as he is now.[/quote'] CB series.? He bowled the same length deliveries there also across Hayden and Gilly. Only difference is he was bowling at 145 clicks. If he is not able to bowl at that speed he could be a cannonfodder

i am more worried about rp singh's growth he was a relaly good bowlerwho could bowl fast, swing both ways and get surprising bounce but now he is very hittable and not as quick what happend to the rp singh who ripped thru south afrika and pakistan in t20 world cup

He is not learning. He is not watching his mistakes on video. You can't bowl flat out on these pitches- you need to vary your pace, exercise immaculate control, have a deadly slower ball and develop the yorker- ingredients all missing from his game.

He needs to be guided properly. We need a better bowling coach' date=' Prasad was a bowler that everyone thrashed. It's not Ishant's fault if he isn't shown the right direction.[/quote'] Kapil dev? But it is impossible to match his athleticism. Especially some of his caught and bowleds, run outs on his follow through were classic. Ishant is already too slow to bend down to pick up balls in his follow through. If it is due to too much cricket, BCCI has to start rotating players. This idea of BCCI passing the buck to players doesn't make sense. No player is going to take the chance of "opting out" as there is competition.
Ishant needs to be dropped or rested, however someone wants to phrase it he should not be in team. But when the back ups are idoits like Nehra. We need sree back. Bowls with big heart and tries to bowl quick which he often does in high 80s.
He was showing his big heart on that show on sony last night!
Keep him for Tests. We have enough cannon fodder bowlers as it is. The lad can't carry this workload.
I am always of this opinion.It is not like he is deadley in ODIs and T20s. He lost his pace due to over workload,quite frail to remain injury free .